Sign in to follow this  
Mattwx1

Seeking Path of Love/Knowledge Enlighten to Level 11

I'm looking for someone of path level 13 to enlighten me to level 11, either on path of love or path of knowledge. I'm currently path of love (Level 10) looking to switch to knowledge via marks, so I can be whichever is required. My meditation level is over 67.5. Given the lack of proven information on enlightenment currently, price and terms can be discussed. I am willing to come to you as well. If you are interested, contact me in-game as Mattwx, or send me a PM here on the forums. 

Wurmpedia entry on enlightenment for reference: 

Spoiler

Enlightenment

Leaders in paths are able to Enlighten others who are exactly three levels below the leader's current level. For example, a level 9 can advance a level 6 to level 7. A player can be enlightened 7 days after their last path advancement, regardless of level or regular wait time. You will not need to move or wait if the attempt fails, but multiple attempts may be necessary. There is a one minute cool-down between attempts, and a difficulty check will affect success chance (see end of this section).

Simple instructions:

• Leader activates a meditation rug
  • Student types /invitations
  • Leader right-clicks the student and looks for the Light Path option
  • Leader repeats this attempt until the student gets the path question dialog window that we're used to seeing for path advances
  • May 2013 update - there is now a one minute cool-down for enlightenment

Example of successful enlightenment:

• Path leader:

[12:07:16] STUDENT needs to type in the command /invitations.
[12:07:27] You attempt to light the path for STUDENT.
[12:07:27] You ask STUDENT a question. she seems to think hard.
[12:07:58] STUDENT has reached the level of Goodhearted of the path of love!
  • Student:

[12:07:24] You will now accept invitations to change kingdom and religion.
[12:07:27] TEACHER asks you a question.
[12:07:58] You think 'Sounds about right'
[12:07:58] Congratulations! You have now reached the level of Goodhearted of the path of love!
  • Failure (Path leader). If you get those messages just retry after waiting 1 minute:

[12:07:20] You attempt to light the path for <Player>.
[12:07:20] <Player> does not grasp the question. he needs to meditate more.
  • Failure (Student). If you get those messages just retry after waiting 1 minute:

<Player> asks you a very confusing question. You do not understand it and need to contemplate more. 

After a path enlightenment the leader cannot do it again for 7 days.

After the v1.1 patch a new difficulty check was added:

Rolf: it's not a skill requirement per se but there's a difficulty check
Rolf: like level you try to achieve *10 or so
Rolf: increasing meditation skill will increase chances yes

Rumour suggests that a successful enlightenment requires a meditation skill of approximately 75% progress to the actual required level to path up yourself. E.g. around 27 meditating needed to be enlightened to level 7.

Edited by Mattwx1

I looked through the patch notes from the time of the comments in this thread..

All the way to now and it seems that they have not made any changes to enlightenment.

I'd assume there's a reason why you rarely see anyone talking about enlightenment, as a service or as a thing. Not sure if you want to keep looking or if you want to give up, you decide that yourself, but I'd probably give up and just do the rest of the grind to 70.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Borstaskor said:

I looked through the patch notes from the time of the comments in this thread..

All the way to now and it seems that they have not made any changes to enlightenment.

I'd assume there's a reason why you rarely see anyone talking about enlightenment, as a service or as a thing. Not sure if you want to keep looking or if you want to give up, you decide that yourself, but I'd probably give up and just do the rest of the grind to 70.

Yeah, I did see the same. I am not overly optimistic but I'd like to at least give it a shot and see. And of course compensate someone for their time, regardless of if it works or not. I appreciate it though :)

• Like 1