Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

FOUND: ship improvement above QL 70

I am looking for someone to improve a knarr from QL 70.

I can bring the ship to you.

If needed, I can provide 6 logs at QL 93.

Please let me know what quality you think you can achieve, and how much you will charge for this service.

I would also like to say that there appear to be several NFI shipbuilders who refuse to improve ships made by a third party. The reasons I've heard for this are that they don't want to make another shipbuilder look good, and that they don't want to reward them for (unspecified) shady business practices. I feel that this is quite a shady practice. The original shipbuilder gets no reward whatsoever if I pay someone else to improve my ship. That viewpoint only makes sense in a world where players are continually examining one others' ships and assuming that the original builder is responsible for the current quality. The only person being hurt by this refusal is the person who, after buying a ship in good faith (quite possibly from someone who's no longer an active player) is unable to get it improved. Perhaps the rationale is that the frustrated customer will sell their ship and buy a better one from the shipbuilder with the restrictive trade practice? For me, though, the response is more likely to be that I'll never do business with that person.

Edited by Sheffie

That doesn't sound right to me. If you bring it to Harmony i17 I will imp your ship for free to 80ql if every ship build refuses to do it. 

Also if you have rift wood I will make you increase to sail speed rune. 

• Like 5

I've had a hard time finding an imp of my Knarr to 90+ QL as well.   I did end up finding someone that did it for fairly cheap.  I'll ask him if he's interested in doing more.

~Ssmokes

I would also be interested in knowing if anybody is doing ship imps, please update this if you find someone!

Sad to see that this is happening another example of bad appels in a community.  Hope @Pantha can help you out. One of the best apples around :P

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 1:00 AM, Devily said:

Sad to see that this is happening another example of bad appels in a community.  Hope @Pantha can help you out. One of the best apples around :P

I did the work for free just because its sad to see no one wanting to take the work. I am hoping this would encourage someone to fill the gap that we have now.

What happened to Votherheim? I don't think they would ever refuse work. 

• Like 1

Pantha did improve my ship for me, and took very good care of me while visiting.

* * * * * would visit again

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 8:39 AM, Pantha said:

I did the work for free just because its sad to see no one wanting to take the work. I am hoping this would encourage someone to fill the gap that we have now.

What happened to Votherheim? I don't think they would ever refuse work. 

Yes, i wish i could have helped but unfort im not a shipbuilder. But thanks for helping out if i ever see anything like this in chat i always try to help to redirect to friends i know who can help.

~Dondersteen

• Like 1

Kudos to you. You are a pillar of this community for that you do here.i have you on my friends list for this reason.you have excellent wares for sale. And you go above and beyond with no expectations of profit.i wish more would follow your lead. <Lordwoods> Cadence 

• Like 1