Sign in to follow this  
CistaCista

Some info for archaeology

Something to add to the archaeology page:

At 70+ Archaeology you have a chance to see the time since abandonment of a deed:

You can see multiple markers of abandoned settlements here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, one of the settlements must have been called Grindavik. It looks to have been abandoned for roughly 81 years, 6 months, somewhere around the year 1020. 

AT 80+ Archaeology you have a chance to see the length of the period that a deed was occupied:

You can see multiple markers of abandoned settlements here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, one of the settlements must have been called Grindavik. You make a rough estimate that the settlement was inhabited for about 8 years, 2 months. 

I do believe that the current info on the wiki, which says at 70 Archaeology "you have a chance to see names of deeds in the area some tiles away" is inaccurate, as this is info that is probably available already at 60 Archaeology. 

I am not 100 % sure if I remember that right though. But I am 100 % sure that the info about time since abandonment became available exactly at Arch 70, because I was waiting desperately to get that info, and got it immediately at 70. So it would make sense that the other is 60.

Today I have 80,0 Arch and immediately I am getting the info on length of occupancy, as I half expected, and which I never got before today.

Edited by CistaCista

On 6/25/2021 at 6:59 PM, CistaCista said:

I do believe that the current info on the wiki, which says at 70 Archaeology "you have a chance to see names of deeds in the area some tiles away" is inaccurate, as this is info that is probably available already at 60 Archaeology. 

im at 65 archaeology and i get a "there is a settlement to the west" or whatever but with no names.

i never got how long a settlement has been abandoned either so you are probably right about that one.

Edit: im not sure what we old wiki peasants can do nowdays but i added what i think you got right.

didn't change the chance to see names of deed to 60+ because i have over 60 and i don't see those.

update: i reached 70 and instantly started getting messages like this which i never got before 70 "You spot some markers of an old settlement in the area. It looks like it may be nearby to the southeast from here. You find a small scrap of something that has the deed name on it... 'Hermits Solace'."

Edited by Tpikol