Sign in to follow this  
Delone

HItching post bug

Keep on seeing an issue where I cannot directly unhitch a horse on a hitching post where I have permission to both lead the horse, and use the hitching post.

If I attempt to unhitch by right clicking on the horse I am told I don't have permission to lead or I don't have permission to use the hitching post.

If I right click the hitching post and use unhitch animals, it will then unhitch, proving I can use the hitching post.

I am then able to lead and ride, showing I do have permissions for the horse.

8Xqgdv2.jpg

May be related to not having hitched the horse on the character who is trying to unhitch? 

After hitching on the same character was then able to use the horse directly.

This is because the animal is not where you see it.  IT's a frequent bug(?) that happens on hitching posts.

When this happens you can't use that horse as a breeding partner, or groom/shear it. (If this is the same issues, I run into.)
Once you you unhitch then hitch again, the animals are now where you see them visually again and can be interacted with.

8 hours ago, Ohana said:

This is because the animal is not where you see it.  IT's a frequent bug(?) that happens on hitching posts.

When this happens you can't use that horse as a breeding partner, or groom/shear it. (If this is the same issues, I run into.)
Once you you unhitch then hitch again, the animals are now where you see them visually again and can be interacted with.

No, I have seen that one before, and this is different (From doing a lot of testing that one actually seems to have been resolved lately see here https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/184380-fixed-animals-on-hitching-post-moving-so-they-are-not-where-they-appear/ ). 

This one is only showing up on a post where the horses are hitched by one character, and another character who has all the necessarily permissions, on both the horse and the post, is told they cannot unhitch the horse by right clicking it, as they don't have the permissions, not the message you get about it being too far away.

Did a bit more testing with this, and it certainly seems to be related to the character trying to unhitch the animal not having been the one to hitch it.

Owner of the hitching post can unhitch any animal directly by using the unhitch option on the animal, regardless of who it was that hitched the animal to the post.

Others can use the direct option to unhitch the animal only if they were the one to hitch it - but can unhitch by using the hitching post and using the Animal/Unhitch option if they did not do the hitching.

Edited by Delone

Seems this one is still ongoing. :)

• Like 1