Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

steam summer sale

Started today.  Any hot sizzling deals?

Wurm Unlimited is 50% off but I imagine most Wurmers who are interested already got their copy.  What else is on sale that is catching people's eye?

Medieval Dynasty is an interesting game, but only 20% off which is not very exciting.   Going Medieval is an interesting 3D Dwarf Fortress/Rimworld-style game, but not on sale since they only just went into early access this month. Rimworld is 10% off, which is not an exiciting deal but I think the first time its ever even been on sale.  Subnautica is half off, so a good time for anyone interested who has not yet tried it. The sequel, Subnautica Below Zero, is 25% off but even people who love it agree it is not the masterpiece of the original game. Lots of Sims4 stuff on sale for up to 80% off.

No Man's Sky is 50% off and most saying it has improved massively since it's disappointing launch.

Anything people are getting, or would recommend to others?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

xbox game pass 1$ = 3-4 months ultimate pass and free access to most games.. some are out in the pass on release

• Like 1

win10 for the dx12.. where needed.. else yea.. any windows' fine.. windows11 claims to be even better for gaming.. but who knows.. saw just that it's free for win10 owners.. that's good enough.. getting used to new ui ... wooh.. that will be interesting...

I watched a couple Win11 leaks, was kind of hoping that the old adage that "every other Windows is really good" but so far have not seen anything compelling. Yes it sounds better for gaming but I haven't yet heard/seen anything suggesting it is less intrusive on spying, forced updates, excess bloatage, etc, so I instead got myself a linux Live USB with something like 16 or 32 distros to try out, I am just not really that eager yet to learn anything new, so guess I am waiting to somehow get pushed off Win7. So far nothing yet has shoved hard enough.

I am getting old and a lot harder to push.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

I signed up for Win 11 Beta.  Hoping to get it within the month.  I personally am excited for the ground breaking (well copying) new rounded corners!  You know how much time I move my wurm client in and out of the corner of my screen, to see if I have it exactly right?  That rounded corner will make all the difference and save hours of time, over the next decade of Wurming.

Also android apps being natively accessible and quite possible Steam games/apps as well?  No more stoopid Windows tiles.  These things make me happy.

I also read that the updates should be half the size as current Win 10 updates.

Personally, I found Win 10 much better performing than 7.  Not sure what 11 will do to performance though.  I run a new system every couple years, so I am not particularly worried about resources from the OS.  Much more concerned about Wurm client resource needs, since I always run a lot of alts.

Do devs have copies of 11 yet?  How is it looking with Wurm?

• Like 1

I didn't see anything compelling to buy at this years Steam sale. And I was really wanting to find something new that I would enjoy but seems I have all the ones I want for now.

Not looking forward to yet another Windows release. If not for gaming, I'd probably get off Windows entirely since I've always seen MS as somewhat evil and have been a Linux user since the 90's. My work is supporting UNIX applications but even my company uses windows for user machines.

On 6/25/2021 at 12:03 AM, Brash_Endeavors said:

No Man's Sky is 50% off and most saying it has improved massively since it's disappointing launch.

Bought it as i was keeping an eye on it. First bit to me felt odd as i was dumped on a radioactive pit of a planet at first. But after that it was good fun.

I would compare it to a chill version of subnautica in a way. As threats are far less present and no fear in the back of the unknown.

I even claimed my own world renamed it and all of its flora and fauna to get full credit. Which you can upload to there server to then be found by other people.

TL;DR

If you got time get it while its at a discount. Start was a bit odd but once you actually pick up the rope's as it were it becomes great fun.

On 6/25/2021 at 1:03 AM, Brash_Endeavors said:

Anything people are getting, or would recommend to others?

Conan Exiles is 70% off. If you love Wurm you're gonna love that one too.

If you're into old school isometric view RPGs Tyranny is 75% off, a massively underrated game.

Stellaris is 75% off, if there's still someone out there that doesnt have it.

Shipbreaker is 30% off

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

I signed up for Win 11 Beta.  Hoping to get it within the month.  I personally am excited for the ground breaking (well copying) new rounded corners!  You know how much time I move my wurm client in and out of the corner of my screen, to see if I have it exactly right?  That rounded corner will make all the difference and save hours of time, over the next decade of Wurming.

Also android apps being natively accessible and quite possible Steam games/apps as well?  No more stoopid Windows tiles.  These things make me happy.

I also read that the updates should be half the size as current Win 10 updates.

Personally, I found Win 10 much better performing than 7.  Not sure what 11 will do to performance though.  I run a new system every couple years, so I am not particularly worried about resources from the OS.  Much more concerned about Wurm client resource needs, since I always run a lot of alts.

Do devs have copies of 11 yet?  How is it looking with Wurm?

it's JAVA game.. do not expect anything better, worst case expect some java/win11 issue..

As win11 better gaming - understand their 'new' hdr or w/e they had in there.. optimization for some games (some of which are hilariously 10years old..) and any normal windows game using dx11-12, there should be some performance.. but that's still mostly affected by hardware - if you have it.. it should run better, if somebody's running things on potato.. it's still going to be baked and barely running things.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, perji said:

Conan Exiles is 70% off. If you love Wurm you're gonna love that one too.

If you're into old school isometric view RPGs Tyranny is 75% off, a massively underrated game.

Stellaris is 75% off, if there's still someone out there that doesnt have it.

Shipbreaker is 30% off

I've run Conan quite a bit.  Can't modify the terrain like Wurm, but I love the building and exploration.  Movement is so much better than Wurm, but every game has better movement than Wurm.  Like Wurm, Conan is one of my go to games that I keep coming back to.  I highly recommend diving into the mods, after your first good play through.  There isn't an end or "I win" moment, but once you feel like you have done it all, the mods give you a massive upgrade and an incredible life extension to the game.

Thanks for the Tyranny suggestion.  Just looked it over and it is right up my alley.

Edited by Wurmhole

not exactly a deal, but somewhat in the far lines of it...

Final Fantasy XIV is dramatically expanding the scope of its free trial. Soon, players jumping into Square Enix's massive MMORPG will be able to raise characters up to level 60 and play all story content through Heavensward, as well as some of the expansions that have launched in patches up to 3.56.22.07.2020

Unsure what exactly made it more popular this past month, game is still subscription based, but a big portion is f2p to level 60.. and whatever is not included is not included obviously, you can find your own details if interested.

Several reasons for FF XIV popularity right now:

a5hypvjia0a71.png

In other words: WoW latest patch is the best thing that Blizzard could have done to promote WoW players to try another game.

Second:

Independent of you liking, hating or not knowing him. When one of the biggest WoW streamers with 100k + viewers starts switching from WoW to FF XIV it will have an impact on the numbers. And he is not alone. A lot of WoW Players and streamers have jumped ship and either enjoy both games or switched completly for the time being.

Edited by Bekador

I think I realize why I don't like azmon.. he talks slowly.. at 1.5x speed it's kind of ok to keep up with his blabbering(reason I "don't" like the guy is that he's nothing special afaik, he's just griefed a lot and people love to watch him do dumb sh.. or get trolled.. NOT my kind of content to watch, read or hear about), also oh hell does he speak a lot and say almost nothing.. it's a talent.. just not great content for some.

ff sites are actual living hell, I tried the game some time ago.. and it was amazing how much time you have to spend on their sites and mfa apps.. 

tl:dr game's free to lv60 there's content to level 70-80.. which is if I got it right.. 3 DLCs or big patches(whatever they are called for the mmo), simple 40$ will give you access to all 3.. but there's still the monthly subscription fee you need to pay if you start; there's apparently from a year ago a trial that basically never ends but caps you at lv60:
you can not form a party(you can join one and be set as leader of it)
you can't use bank to store items;
you can't use the auction or trade with players;
you can't join a player guild or form one
f2p lets you do anything else up to lv60 content, and ofc subscribing lets you do any of that but once you start you can not play as f2p unless you have active subscription (kind of odd decision, but maybe it makes sense with how their game works.. idk)

I saw cohh (https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage) playing this lately and some other..

When its on sale you can get the "Complete Edition" with everything that is released until today for under 20€/$. That includes a month of subscription, after that the sub is 11 €/$ if you only want one char per server ( more are only needed for Rp or if you want more than 1 weekly raid ID since every class/crafting job can be done on one char ).

Edited by Bekador