Sign in to follow this  
Kupferlisa

Breakfast with extremly less affinity time

Hi,

I made last sunday breakfast, as I did weeks ago. Same recipie, 38 ingredients, all diffenent, about 8.9kg

Breakfast weeks ago give me 6-8h affinity time.

Breakfast from last sunday give me 1h 15min affinity time.

I tryed 12 differnet recipie, all 12 have a really short affinity time.

I ask Motec, he cooked the same breakfast and had the same resould.

My ingrediens list for cooking:

Oven
Pottery Bowl
Buffalo Cheese
Chestnut
chopped Basil
chopped Belladonna
chopped Fennel
chopped Lovage
chopped Mint
chopped Oleander
chopped Onion
chopped Oregano
chopped Parsley
chopped Pea Pod
chopped Potato
chopped Pumpkin
chopped Rosemary
chopped Sage
chopped Thyme
chopped Tomato
Feta Cheese
Ground Cumin
Ground Fennel Seed
Ground Ginger
Ground Paprika
Ground Turmeric
Hazelnuts
mashed Carrot
mashed Corn
mashed Cucumber
mashed Garlic
mashed Lettuce
minced Fowl
minced Horse
Perch
Pinenut
Roach
Salt
Sardine
Walnut

Did you change anything in creating breakfast ?

Please, change it back. I want to cook Breakfast affinity food with 6-8h again

Greetings (HAR) Kupferlisa

Edited by Kupferlisa

somebody mentioned that if you go past a certain number when cooking for affinity number you break the timer and it gives you penalty or lower timer... maybe you've achieved that? idk

There is an unfixed bug that messes up timers when you use pre-cut ingredients which were moved from one fsb to another. Could that have been the cause?

I dont know.

I try it again with fresh prepared ingredients

It looks like this is it

Edited by Kupferlisa

On 6/24/2021 at 9:59 PM, Finnn said:

somebody mentioned that if you go past a certain number when cooking for affinity number you break the timer and it gives you penalty or lower timer... maybe you've achieved that? idk

This is correct. This is, however, also very difficult to reach on a breakfast. With a quick glance at the ingredient list I can say with confidence that this is certainly not the issue here.
The results of this is also not what OP is describing. The results of this is that the affinity timer reverse and start becoming negative, removing time from the buff rather than adding to it or giving no buff if you don't have one. A broken food item this way also don't give CCFP. I've reached this before and I can very easily reproduce this. The response we got is that they didn't expect people to be able to do this and they got more or less no plans to fix it since it affects very few people. Sad for people like me who enjoys trying to push the limits :(

On 6/24/2021 at 11:59 PM, Josso said:

There is an unfixed bug that messes up timers when you use pre-cut ingredients which were moved from one fsb to another. Could that have been the cause?

This is much more likely the issue.

If you have "broken" ingredients in an fsb and pull those out to use then it doesn't count the modification (chopped, etc.) when used for cooking. You break ingredients by moving a working (example:) chopped parsley from one fsb straight in to another fsb that doesn't have a chopped parsley in it. If you want to move chopped parsley between fsb's, make sure the fsb you move them to already have chopped parsley in it and that those are in a non-broken state or you'll break them.

To fix the already broken chopped parsley, remove all the chopped parsley from an fsb (or grab a new fsb) and then put a newly chopped parsley (= a working one) in the fsb. Then move the broken ones into the same fsb as the working chopped parsley (this move can be done fsb->fsb). This will make all the broken chopped parsley take on the state of the working chopped parsley.

I'm not saying this is intended and I'm not defending how it works. This is dumb and it should be fixed since it's very hard for someone to troubleshoot and figure out that their heavily reduced timers are because they moved their ingredients straight from one fsb to another empty fsb and then use those ingredients for cooking. I'm just explaining why you get worse timers and how to avoid it in the future as well as how to repair your currently broken ingredients.

Also, some items just breaks no matter what if binned. One example of this is dough. Never use a binned dough for pizzas if you want as high affinity timer as possible.

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 4