Sign in to follow this  
Toddleson2

Traders with Stuff for sale

On my private server with nobody else to trade with, I find that coins are worthless and there's nothing to look forward to spending them on.

I had an idea to remedy that:

• Traders, in addition to their usual items, also sell a rotating stock of 30 random items ranging from 40 to 70 QL.
  • The items would re-randomize every 12 hours.
  • All items priced at 1 silver (to make it easy to code, but also to make it worse than crafting, for balance reasons).

As a solo-player, there are many items that are difficult for me to find on my own and I have no hope of trading with others. For example, I have been unable to bake bread because I have yet to find Marble on the island I settled on. 

This would give low population servers something to spend money on. And also offer another source for acquiring items that might be otherwise difficult to get.

Bonus features to add after the main idea is created:

• Adding cooking recipes to the randomized item pool
  • Selling small items in reasonable multiples (like 12 olives sold as a bundle instead of a single olive for 1 silver, or 2kg of Brass instead of 0.1kg)
  • Selling special/event items with a lower occurrence rate and for a higher price
  • Manually re-rolling the shop inventory for a cost (like pay 10c to re-randomize)

I am not terrible at coding but I've never done Java other than some simple school projects. For Wurm modding, I have no idea how to even structure a mod.

Could someone outline how I could create this or point me towards some other mods that do similar things? Or maybe someone has already made this or could make this?

Edited by Toddleson2
Formatting

On 6/23/2021 at 9:04 AM, Toddleson2 said:

On my private server with nobody else to trade with, I find that coins are worthless and there's nothing to look forward to spending them on.

I had an idea to remedy that:

• Traders, in addition to their usual items, also sell a rotating stock of 30 random items ranging from 40 to 70 QL.
  • The items would re-randomize every 12 hours.
  • All items priced at 1 silver (to make it easy to code, but also to make it worse than crafting, for balance reasons).

Mthec's "Custom Traders" mod does what you want, though not randomly - you set it up yourself when you place it.  You can determine the QL, rarity, weight of items, price, etc.  For example, if you want to sell a group of 10 olives, just make the weight of the sale item 10x greater; it will divide into 10 when you put it into a FSB. You can set your custom trader to sell all the usual trader stuff, plus any additional items that you wish.  Excellent mod!  

Edited by Batta