Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

AH unskilled player can see traits plain as a day in the darkest night with no skill at all

If you go inspect a creature and you are disgustingly unskilled, it's perfectly fine, the game got you covered and lacking skill is not a problem - you can see the chart and all trait categories - easy to call if a creature is 5-10 speed or not, you can not see the exact trait names, but this overrides the need of having any skill to know what's happening - you just click-clack and boom you know what's a good animal.

Intended? Probably not.. as the other text on left with exact trait names is useless and cryptic, the useful information that tells you MORE is that 1 word in category column

i hope that's intended really as else what's stopping you selling poor noob soull a "5" speedster with 3 legs, a cancer and only 1 kidney..

52 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

i hope that's intended really as else what's stopping you selling poor noob soull a "5" speedster with 3 legs, a cancer and only 1 kidney..

the gm that will come asking why the person is scamming people and pointing tos.. maybe temp banning the scammer;

walk on water is useless trait but is listed as speed trait 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999..% of the time this is not going to trigger anywhere.. maybe at the 2-4 tiles where somebody have a canal for a knarr/sailboat/rowboat.. and a road for carts 

Edited by Finnn

The walk on water bit really grinds my gears. I remember years ago, horses had zero issues riding in shallow waters. Now you get kicked off horse in the same waters. And now we have to get said trait to avoid that. Maybe just not code it so we get thrown off horse in shallow waters in the first place thus making said trait not needed in the first place. 

Reminds me of that famous marketing picture of someone throwing a brick into an office building, shattering a window. The brick had a small note saying "Window repair service - call 123-456-789" 

• Like 2

The water trait doesn't prevent getting kicked off... it gives a substantial boost to horse speed when triggered - in the vicinity of 5kph extra speed.

I believe it was this trait and giving her test horse the rare always on trait that led to her reporting that 4s horses on test were now capable of doing 42kph, as the always on trait was turning on the water trait all the time.

51 minutes ago, elentari said:

The walk on water bit really grinds my gears. I remember years ago, horses had zero issues riding in shallow waters. Now you get kicked off horse in the same waters. And now we have to get said trait to avoid that. Maybe just not code it so we get thrown off horse in shallow waters in the first place thus making said trait not needed in the first place. 

Reminds me of that famous marketing picture of someone throwing a brick into an office building, shattering a window. The brick had a small note saying "Window repair service - call 123-456-789" 

you get kicked off the cart/wagon/etc.. if the water level is too deep, maybe 1 corner of the tile is not even or something like that.. if you move in just few steps.. but not on the max possible to ride a cart.. you'll be fine, until this trait there was no need to make wet roads... idk why now this is a thing... it's practically useless almost everywhere... it's a "negative trait"

Edited by Finnn

I think the information shown is fine.

I think it's fine to not be able to distinguish between a bad trait (gear draft trait or water speed trait) vs a good trait (any other ones) if you're not skilled enough. That gives you incentive to skill up.

I think it's fine for someone of low skill to be able to go to a self-service horse market, inspect over a fence (which was added), see a 4sp horse having those 4 speed traits and buying it knowing you get 4 speed traits without having to ask a friend later on to confirm whether you got scammed or not.

I don't think the game would be better if they changed it so lower skilled players can't even inspect. I disagree in this being an issue or a "bug" for that matter. It's fine the way it is, in my opinion.

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Borstaskor said:

I think the information shown is fine.

I think it's fine to not be able to distinguish between a bad trait (gear draft trait or water speed trait) vs a good trait (any other ones) if you're not skilled enough. That gives you incentive to skill up.

I think it's fine for someone of low skill to be able to go to a self-service horse market, inspect over a fence (which was added), see a 4sp horse having those 4 speed traits and buying it knowing you get 4 speed traits without having to ask a friend later on to confirm whether you got scammed or not.

I don't think the game would be better if they changed it so lower skilled players can't even inspect. I disagree in this being an issue or a "bug" for that matter. It's fine the way it is, in my opinion.

it's a bug imo.. with low AH you're supposed to see only what you're supposed to see with your skill, here you see everything.. if there's a rare trait - you'll see it also.. if there are 0 or 6 speed traits - you'll see them all, who cares if there's useless trait like gear and water on a bison or any other mount.. it's just odd; but not for me to decide.. it's just odd new 'feature'

skill used to matter, now it's weird.. things do not seem to matter or follow same logic for mechanics

Edited by Finnn