Sign in to follow this  
Zuelatak

[PvE] Have dragons report how much scale/hide dropped

After reading the post made by Madnath

and talking with my community and friends I came up with this idea for PvE. Not sure how well this would work on PvP and it's probably not needed there.

When a dragon is slain a message in event should say how big the pool was and/or the # of players it was divided amongst.

This would remove all paranoia about private slayings and make it a lot easier on GMs because people would only call upon them when loot was actually stolen or accidentally taken. Assuming GMs still act on incidents after the dragon is felled.

Compared to changes like "Only those that fight should get the loot" or "Those that are stealthed shouldn't get loot" this change requires no mechanical system changes. It is just a print statement that reassures the slayers that they all got the loot they expected. 

Also to the mods, if people start causing drama in this thread can you handle the drama instead of locking discussion on the topic. You are just crippling any sort of productive conversation because of a few bad apples that you can just remove. Please and thank you. ❤️

Edited by Zuelatak
  • Like 2

It'd be a nice addition if the current system is to stay for a long period, something to say about how many slayers in local get loot would be nice

+1

not needed if the other suggestion is patched;

maybe post a line in event tab.. for weight of scale/hide.. if there was a charge.. it's what people are curious about.. distribution avrg amount amongst the players(some get less because of stats), but a list of the people getting it is unnecessary - we'll just read potato-one, potato-two, tatter-five..  some people bring 5 to 10 alts at a slaying..

Be nice if this went to the Twitter so I could scrape it and then prove or disprove a few things.

Change the drop so only the characters that actually hit the unique get blood (and scale/hide as appropriate), and not all characters in local.

On 6/22/2021 at 3:17 AM, Etherdrifter said:

Be nice if this went to the Twitter so I could scrape it and then prove or disprove a few things.

Yeah so I learned Twitter only reports those that attacked the dragon. Reworking it to report all players in local would maybe be cool. Downside being a big spam when there's 100+ people.

On 6/22/2021 at 3:45 AM, Thalorane said:

Change the drop so only the characters that actually hit the unique get blood (and scale/hide as appropriate), and not all characters in local.

While I agree with this I recommend making your own topic for that. I choose this as a very QUICK solution that requires no reworking of mechanics. There could be pros/cons with system changes as opposed to this which is just a print statement.

On 6/22/2021 at 2:27 AM, Finnn said:

not needed if the other suggestion is patched;

maybe post a line in event tab.. for weight of scale/hide.. if there was a charge.. it's what people are curious about.. distribution avrg amount amongst the players(some get less because of stats), but a list of the people getting it is unnecessary - we'll just read potato-one, potato-two, tatter-five..  some people bring 5 to 10 alts at a slaying..

I agree I would not want player names listed out. Only the # of players it was divided amongst and/or the total amount of scale/hide dropped. I do believe this would still be a helpful tool even if the stealthed suggestion was patched and I believe this would have an easier time being implemented. 

Would be nice for Epic too since we get 50 % less hide / scales than Freedom players. 4 dragons dead and only 0.7 kg per player in total at the end, 18 players.

Does that math seem fair to you?

"Hi Fighters (and Priests), this is your Dragon speaking.  I'm about to die.  As a result my scaly skin will be distributed equally among you.  I have X kg of scales so you should all get X /players kg of scale.  Goodbye cruel world."

+1

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Muse said:

"Hi Fighters (and Priests), this is your Dragon speaking.  I'm about to die.  As a result my scaly skin will be distributed equally among you.  I have X kg of scales so you should all get X /players kg of scale.  Goodbye cruel world."

I mean wogic right? Would fall in line with other things we have like inspecting a horse and knowing it has a chance to birth twins, however that goes. 

7 hours ago, Muse said:

lol that sounds like a good way of representing it in local instead of event >.<