Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Let's try to improve unique creature battles

Copy of idea I posted elsewhere and another kick at this old dog:

Maybe just make uniques a highly personal player experience. Only through some certain actions (or even just sheer luck) can a unique become available and visible to a single player through their own actions. Some storyline lore could explain the whys and hows. Then, they can communicate this "sacred knowledge" to anyone they want for help with the kill. Those players can then see the unique and hit it and whatnot, but no one else can see it or interact with it. Would this solve stealthing complaints and others about the system?

The mechanics are already sort of there when you see and interact with illusions on the insanity path that others around you cannot.

Just throwing ideas.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MordosKull said:

Maybe just make uniques a highly personal player experience. Only through some certain actions (or even just sheer luck) can a unique become available and visible to a single player through their own actions. Some storyline lore could explain the whys and hows. Then, they can communicate this "sacred knowledge" to anyone they want for help with the kill. Those players can then see the unique and hit it and whatnot, but no one else can see it or interact with it. Would this solve stealthing complaints and others about the system?

The mechanics are already sort of there when you see and interact with illusions on the insanity path that others around you cannot.

Just throwing ideas.

That is one of my thoughts .. but it kills sandbox experience in a way....

But this is the only way to have proper experience in this game nowdays if we can see how things happen otherwise.. rng sucks.. people suck, exploring nonstop people suck, you just get 0 chance to have excitement in the game if there's somebody crawling the area 2x-3x-..etc faster than you, how can you find a champion for better loot*(if that ever becomes a mechanic in the future), how can you ever see a f**** dragon or other unique or have some epic fight with semi-unique for or no special loot.. if it's all found by spells, pendulums, wu-code analyzing or just plain but common map pings by people looking for the epic loot? 

We maybe need instances.. because of this.. but that's another topic...

We might need a new mechanic with loot only visible by YOU, and YOU alone.. no carts with alts to see different things... just YOU exploring on horse/cart/wagon/boat.. have a hint on the map.. be 'epic chest', unique, elite, champion or whatever of the sort.. but content specifically for you to experience, it could be bound to whatever lore if it's adopted as a mechanic.. but I do not believe the devs believe we need this.. yet I do not see a better way to find things, sadly with certain existing play models we hardly get to experience more fair distribution of loot for 1 or another reason, being gear/players/time/spells.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 12:59 AM, MordosKull said:

Just throwing ideas.

I'd just like to point out that 'luck' is not the same as RNG. And that RNG and equal distribution are not the same thing, which causes a lot of frustration for some. If it was certain-actions, there would be complaints. If it was RNG, there would be even more complaints.

Wurm code does not currently include any mechanics that I would define as 'luck'. It's actually extremely difficult to model 'luck' realistically, and would probably be extremely difficult to test and debug. (Much to my annoyance.) RNG is at least stable enough that it can be reverse engineered to min-max your actions. A PROPER magic system - and you're describing magical-creature spawn rules here - that would work as players expect it to by RL comparison, is something that would take YEARS to write, just as a foundation code-block for the game-engine, and I'm told that the hardware of modern computers are not optimised to run that kind of logic-pattern, and it would require custom-built chipsets and therefore be unavailable to most gamers. A REAL magical system, would require a quantum processor in the server to even begin to emulate with any verisimilitude. :(

Meaning, that some of these seemingly 'simple' requests are totally beyond the budget of our Development Team, let alone the playerbase.

Edit:

And this includes a 'proper' combat update.

Edited by Drayka

You want to fight Uniques? come to Epic and help us out. We are short on folks to get ride of them as it is. Just cant take the mats home.

They pop at the same time on servers and specific groups hunt them. (check the kill list on Niarja)

Build your own group or spend the coin to buy the mats.

It's a version of ptp,  just not needed for more that bragging rights 

If they can sell scale or hide for silver, and people are willing to buy silver to get it.....what do you expect the gm's to do about it?

What reason do you need drake hide or scale sets on a PVE servers anyhow? 

5 hours ago, Gunnbjorn said:

You need them to fullfill the ridiculous journal goals.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gunnbjorn said:

You want to fight Uniques? come to Epic and help us out. We are short on folks to get ride of them as it is. Just cant take the mats home.

They pop at the same time on servers and specific groups hunt them. (check the kill list on Niarja)

Build your own group or spend the coin to buy the mats.

It's a version of ptp,  just not needed for more that bragging rights 

If they can sell scale or hide for silver, and people are willing to buy silver to get it.....what do you expect the gm's to do about it?

progression.. why do you want a drake/scale set, you don't need one to pvp.. you want one

All easy to obtain armors look terrible.. it's the less common type to have, what do you think people strive to achieve?

Not look the same?..

How could they achieve that?

Chase that less common piece of gear..

What also have best def stats as armor type?

Oh it's the same thing..

Oh, there are several reasons. oh.. hm huh uh.. well.. yea, that.

In the end does it matter if you are in ct or scale set? - not much.. but there's that.. you look forward to improve *something*, it's a damn game - you want to do stuff in it.. play it.. experience content, you want to change things with time, and there's no progression, ########'s bound to turn into a ###### mess and drama if you gate keep progression with something stupid.

Sure tell subscribers that they suck and they should quit their job to spend xx hours daily to roam the maps to find pixel armor pinatas, do you expect to receive anything other than a laugh at such sentence?

There's no window of opportunity if you have 1 spawn every 2 weeks~ and several people group and visit them on the clock.

Reusing rift system, cool, ok, lets do that.. but fix the spawn timers... rifts are utter trash with their spawn times 2/3 of the day/night are dead time because of sleep+work(or school/uni), there's a tiny window in which you get to do something and traveling to another server for a rift is ###### time sink because of the wind speed and boat speed with currents against you etc.. then you eventually arrive on the other side, park your boat and ride to the spot... oh well "fun" 2 hours of watching your hp bar because that's the most eventful thing on the screen, rest is bunny parts everywhere and unpleasant loud creature moaning sounds.

Rift points.. useless, gear rewards are common, useless and not maintainable.. and you're left farming points to use or sell metallic liquid as endgame item.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Josso said:

You need them to fullfill the ridiculous journal goals.

Exactly!!

Actually many owners of scale/drake sets lend them to friends and acquaintances for the journal, just a matter of minutes, or a few copper for mail sent back and forth. So no real obstacle.

And well, unique mat armour looks cool, nice to have, though I disagree that all others are looking bad. That they are bit harder to get is part of the attraction, too.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 2:09 PM, Sheffie said:

I feel like responses have been divided into those who say, yes, this is a problem, what can we do?

And those who are saying, yes, people are robbing banks at gunpoint, but there's nothing to stop you from doing that yourself and giving the money to the poor.

No it is more like some saying that those who hunt for treasure and find it should share it around and it is a problem if they don't while others are saying that those who hunt for treasure and find it should get to decide for themselves whether to keep it or share it.

I have no dog in this fight.  I don't hunt uniques, and I haven't been to a public slaying - because I just don't care enough about that aspect of Wurm.  

Edited by TheTrickster
e
  • Like 1

Don't see why we couldn't expand the current system to perhaps satisfy both worlds. 

We can keep uniques as they are right now, aka finder decides what to do, unique slaying or private and...

We can add a few new mechanics to satisfy those that don't want to rely on luck or if they are online in the first place to find uniques. 

Examples: 

1. Journal goal reward  next tier = dragon egg / drake egg. 

2. Dragon eggs could be earned by modifying the mission system on Freedom so they can give rewards purchasable with karma? 200 000 karma for an egg? Or something. 

3. Add a personal journal goal for each player, tier 9 or 10 that involves the following skills : tracking, animal taming, nature, where as a player you can "track down" a dragon and find its lair. Upon finding its lair, a pop up window can appear and a dragon will spawn afterwards. The catch is, once slain, its scales will only drop for the player that spawned it, as well as its body can only be picked up by said player. This will encourage a more helpful mentality amongst the players to help each other out with each other's goals. 

This way we can have both the current RNG spawning system we have and both a meritocratic one, whereas a player's personal effort in his own time can be rewarding in the end. 

I don't see why these two types of approaches would be mutually exclusive. Also it wouldn't be a "gamed" system since getting to tier 8-9 or w/e the higher journal tiers are called, is something that could be done by spamming alts. As for missions, it would revitalize the current mission system as well. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, elentari said:

Don't see why we couldn't expand the current system to perhaps satisfy both worlds. 

We can keep uniques as they are right now, aka finder decides what to do, unique slaying or private and...

We can add a few new mechanics to satisfy those that don't want to rely on luck or if they are online in the first place to find uniques. 

Examples: 

1. Journal goal reward  next tier = dragon egg / drake egg. 

2. Dragon eggs could be earned by modifying the mission system on Freedom so they can give rewards purchasable with karma? 200 000 karma for an egg? Or something. 

3. Add a personal journal goal for each player, tier 9 or 10 that involves the following skills : tracking, animal taming, nature, where as a player you can "track down" a dragon and find its lair. Upon finding its lair, a pop up window can appear and a dragon will spawn afterwards. The catch is, once slain, its scales will only drop for the player that spawned it, as well as its body can only be picked up by said player. This will encourage a more helpful mentality amongst the players to help each other out with each other's goals. 

This way we can have both the current RNG spawning system we have and both a meritocratic one, whereas a player's personal effort in his own time can be rewarding in the end. 

I don't see why these two types of approaches would be mutually exclusive. Also it wouldn't be a "gamed" system since getting to tier 8-9 or w/e the higher journal tiers are called, is something that could be done by spamming alts. As for missions, it would revitalize the current mission system as well. 

I would disagree with you here, Elentari. I bet the same people would whine then that they cant proceed with their journal goals fast enough to gain something. And in general, if so what do we do next? Should i start whining that some players got numerous skills up to 99 by now while i have only one due to the fact that he can play the game 10 hours a day and i have work irl? Should we implement a journal tier for this too, where you gather 536 Rooster eggs and as a reward you get to choose the skill to instantly boost to 100?  Don't think so. This is a game, not a local "benefits" office where every lazy individual can register to get enough for a living. 

24 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

I would disagree with you here, Elentari. I bet the same people would whine then that they cant proceed with their journal goals fast enough to gain something.

Those would only be higher tier goals as I said (also to prevent alt abuse, getting to the last tier 7 of the journal goals takes I think maybe 2 years?), and it would give some form of end game content for the "oldies".  My vision of journal goals is that they should all be done whenever the player can play, not when the game tells the player to do so. This is why people hate rifts on these forums, because they happen at random times, because they imply a time sink to a boring repetitious event x 100. It is like doing the same 2 hour dungeon in WOW without actually getting any decent loot at the end. 

This perspective I have for the game at least implies some goals that players can strive for in their own time. I'd much rather have goals like kill 5 000 Trolls rather than "do 100 rifts". At least you can go out troll hunting when you want.  

27 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

Should i start whining that some players got numerous skills up to 99 by now while i have only one due to the fact that he can play the game 10 hours a day and i have work irl?

I don't think it's a fair analogy @skatyna, since getting a skill up to 99 is something YOU can control and it doesn't rely on the RNG of having a unique spawn, having the time to look for it, having the luck of finding it before other people. 

If people like the RNG of finding uniques , fine, keep it. But at least add a system on top of that that relies on something players can actually control and isn't RNG based. Again. I don't see wurm benefiting from adding more RNG mechanics. 

Look at the feedback from the AH update and player sentiment towards RNG. I don't think there's much positivity there. Look at the past RNG with the Valrei mission system on Epic when 1 person with 10 alts could win 90% of the rewards. Players hated that. Player gods = another RNG fest. Sme was a great pvp god(ess) but others not so much. That got removed. My point is wurm has had a lot of RNG systems removed or nerfed over the years because it really was that bad and it was a good step towards the future. 

Uniques suffer from the same mechanic and this is why we have threads complaining about player behavior, dragon spawns, etc. 

FallenEarth had defense towns.. where you go.. buy with ingame currency the blueprints for constructions.. and you build said reinforcements and buildings for the place, slowly the town grows.. specific buildings bring more spawns.. and every few hours the town gets atacked by horde in waves.. in the end everybody earns some exp and points... points can be used to buy glowsticks/baitboxes/etc... to spawn bosses;

WHAT DO PLAYERS DO ... well.. they buy the boss lure/spawn item and team up with other players and have a queue rotation for the spawning of the bosses to kill.. every kill rewards the players in the team(could be in local) with some reward.. best is probably to retain the 'team' part to skip any drama.. and upon death of the boss.. you get either rewards or points.. and you get to buy hide/scale/egg/etc... costing from few to insane amount of points... this will give players with skill something to do..

BUT.. it's not fitting well the sandbox part of wurm.. unless it's jackal invasion of our own kind...

say... we close a rift.. and we get a portal on the same spot instantly... players get to go there.. and gather resources.. and build such town... make buildings helping to protect the place and resource gatherers to boost the wave strength and earned points per event completion.. while being greedy risks town being overrun and wiped.

etc etc

TL;DR go read more about it https://fallenearth.fandom.com/wiki/Defense_Towns_Walkthrough

whole point of these events was.. literaly ####TON OF EXPERIENCE for the lil noob ####s, and something to shoot and slash/smash/etc.. with bunch of other people, resource gathering cluster####s and good source of that boss spawn items that not everybody was able to do(most were.. just noobs had no clue what's up or had trash dps..) - ez gg place for loot and currency.

Something like this .. if it's not patented game mechanic.... can easily give you jackal, wetas, bunnies to murder for days... and nights.. and content for half to 2 years or more.. depending on rewards scaling, updates etc..

pros..

- it's a ~rift-like.. but not with the **** time that rift spawns.., can run 24/7 as long players are there to protect it every was it 4 hours .. or w/e delays were between the waves..

- if it's on jackal.. we can use jackal teleports and just port into madness and slaughter.. instead of wasting time to travel.. whole farm will be for points, possibly other loot after killing a boss at the end of the event..

cons..

you cant be there 24/7, you have to go rest, sleep, work, study, etc.. - take breaks.. you cant just have fun whole day&night

On 6/20/2021 at 4:01 PM, Sheffie said:
  • Prevent the trapping of unique creatures
  • No more "private" slayings
  • Give everyone a chance to win strange bones
  • Stop awarding strange bones
  • Distribute rewards such as dragon scale based on contribution
  • Reduce the maximum reward per person 

Love the idea of making private slayings a more public event, but unfortunately I don't think any of these suggestions will create a world where that CAN happen AND WILL happen. 

1. As per etiquette you'd still be able to claim them so this would just make private slayings more rushed which in turn could possibly increase spawn rate of uniques. Very unlikely though unless someone is sitting on a unique for a looonngg time.

2. That's what were here to discuss and the only way to change the environment is to change the system that creates it. Changing the ruling is most likely just going to cause a lot more drama as the system would still be rewarding private slayings, but not provide any protection for them. Seems a bit chaotic and I think the goal here should be to make it so that players are instead rewarded more through public slayings than private.

3. This would bring more strange bones into the market, but also make private slayings more valuable.

4. This would have the opposite effect of 3, but private slayings will still be valuable

5. I thought of a similar system in the past where scale/hide would be distributed based on your contribution to Healing Done, Damage Dealt, and Damage Mitigated. But unfortunately whilst those who do most of the work killing get the most benefit they could still get MORE benefit from making it private. I do think this would help with the problem, but I think you'd still see a lot of private slayings. Also, the person who finds the dragon might not be super skilled to kill it, so they are screwed over in this system. Not sure how much it matters since their reward is the bone/tome, but something to keep in mind.

6. This would certainly enforce private slaying groups to include more people to the point where they aren't wasting scale/hide, but still ultimately wouldn't make them public. Also, capping people's efforts is never a good idea I don't think. 

Edited by Zuelatak
  • Like 1

all that you quoted @Zuelatakjust promotes more priv penning.. even w/o the bone.. there's scale/hide/skull/tomes.. plenty to sell and earn a lot from it alone, no need to pub it

while it's a player's choice what to do with the extremely valuable loot.. it's bound to bounce at the same spot more often than not

--edit 

and yes.. no penning doesnt mean you'll get in the kill list or share loot..

Edited by Finnn

another -1 to one of your suggestions Sheffie, you're not so good at this are ya?

On 6/20/2021 at 4:01 PM, Sheffie said:

I believe that the privatization of public resources is a problem for the community.

Um, public resources are there to be privatized. Wild animals, veins in mines, even the land itself starts off as public and is privatized. If you want some dragon blood, go find a dragon and see for yourself how difficult it is. I've been to one dragon slaying, and from what I saw it's a pain in the butt to capture one, and that's after finding it, which is itself a time consuming effort. So yeah, join the list of people who complain about private unique slayings yet don't want to dedicate the time and effort to find and capture one themselves.

6 hours ago, Finnn said:

all that you quoted @Zuelatakjust promotes more priv penning.. even w/o the bone.. there's scale/hide/skull/tomes.. plenty to sell and earn a lot from it alone, no need to pub it

while it's a player's choice what to do with the extremely valuable loot.. it's bound to bounce at the same spot more often than not

--edit 

and yes.. no penning doesnt mean you'll get in the kill list or share loot..

Sounds like you're agreeing with me then? I don't really follow, but my point was that to me none of the suggestions provided by the OP would do a good job at removing private slayings. Not that there isn't a way to do it though. 

Edited by Zuelatak

I think the issue everyone has isn't that "I should be rewarded for someone else's hard work", it is that:

(1). "The same groups so often find uniques that are supposed to be randomly spawned that the probability they're not gaming the system in some way is insanely low"

(2). "Some members of these groups have been involved with ingame rule development governing uniques that disrupts the game for anyone else nearby"

(3). "Drake/scale is the only vE endgame content, and it is impossible to realistically take part in, even if you have sunk thousands of hours into the game".

(4). "This system has been identified as garbage by tens, if not hundreds, of players over the years"

(5). "Players who put in a lot of hard work (more so than private slaying groups) by making public slayings get a lower reward"

Overall...  (3) and (5) demand a solution, (1) and (2) certainly warrant investigation and (4) has definitely had an impact on player attrition.

Edited by Etherdrifter

31 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

I think the issue everyone has isn't that "I should be rewarded for someone else's hard work", it is that:

(1). "The same groups so often find uniques that are supposed to be randomly spawned that the probability they're not gaming the system in some way is insanely low"

(2). "Some members of these groups have been involved with ingame rule development governing uniques that disrupts the game for anyone else nearby"

(3). "Drake/scale is the only vE endgame content, and it is impossible to realistically take part in, even if you have sunk thousands of hours into the game".

(4). "This system has been identified as garbage by tens, if not hundreds, of players over the years"

(5). "Players who put in a lot of hard work (more so than private slaying groups) by making public slayings get a lower reward"

Overall...  (3) and (5) demand a solution, (1) and (2) certainly warrant investigation and (4) has definitely had an impact on player attrition.

You have made 2) Ingame rule development regarding governing uniques sounding like they were the ones writing them and giving themselves loopholes. Talking with private hunters and people who put actual work into hunting and claiming uniques about unique drama and what causes / continues it makes sense. It's not asking a thief to design a security system, it's asking people who experience a lot of unique drama about what causes it. 

Also you're misrepresenting 1) Gaming the system = knowing average respawn time + roaming. Multiply that with 5-10 people working together, baby you've got a stew going. I've stumbled across multiple in my time, when not even looking for them. On the smaller servers they're not hard to find at all, even found some roaming around on indy back in the day. 

I still maintain introducing dragon/drake loot into solo content solves this issue fully. mobs that have a chance at dropping scraps encourage hunting and roaming, random chests again encourage roaming. Even a system built around a skill aimed at finding treasure would enable a system that encourages exploration, as long as you don't expect scale/hide to fall into your lap while you're smithing on your deed once a month. 

Edited by Archaed
complained about 1) too
  • Like 2

I share most of that critique. The accusation of "gaming the system" is too often raised by those not willing to take the effort to actively search uniques. In my alliance, one player stumbled over 2 dragons in 3 years, and I met a drake in the wild which was just found by some players by chance once. So I fail to see that more than the willingness to travel a lot around likely spawn areas is needed for "gaming the system". That may be quite time consuming though.

"The system being garbage" is a cheap and lowly accusation. The unique system has undergone a lot of changes even in the few years I am playing, and much more before (e.g. breeding dragons from eggs, permanent penning, spawn announcement, unique netiquette etc.). It may be not perfect, but I doubt that butthurt players ragequit in droves about "the bad system" so I do not believe in 4. I have the strong feeling that some love drama and will make drama no matter which changes are made.

As to the hard working players, sure, arranging a public event is much work. It is fun too, from my experience, and I do not have the impression that it is the organizers of public slayings who are complaining. If there were special rewards for those organizers, I would not object at all.

Generally, I have a feeling of boredom and "yawn, not again" everytime unique drama is raised. Few constructive and new ideas vs. many terrible ones. Better the devil we know.

• Like 1

@Archaed@Ekcin

I'll just agree to disagree with you both.

Neither of you has put forth any rebuttle worth engaging with.  Enjoy your Sundays!

5 hours ago, Archaed said:

I still maintain introducing dragon/drake loot into solo content solves this issue fully. mobs that have a chance at dropping scraps encourage hunting and roaming, random chests again encourage roaming. Even a system built around a skill aimed at finding treasure would enable a system that encourages exploration, as long as you don't expect scale/hide to fall into your lap while you're smithing on your deed once a month. 

so something similar to this,

still ongoing topic lol...

1. When uniques were found using reveal creatures, pendulums etc - same group of ppl cried they cant find them as "elite" groups have alts logged off every 100 square tiles on the game map. Patched+removed.

2. Uniques were still announced globally when they spawned - once again same ppl cried that gives "elite" groups an edge when to start looking for one and they cant find it. Patcder+removed. Now they cry "elite" groups still find them as they know "respawn time  mechanics"  but the criers dont have a clue when they spawn. OMG adding 2 weeks from the death time is really hard maths i bet.. 

3. "elite" groups or alliances spend hours roaming the map to find one, yet criers dont leave the deed, but once again complain they cant find one when they go 10 tiles outside the deed. Shocking. 

And in general - if there are 2 teams looking for them - team A consisting 5 players spend 4 hours a day each roaming the map and team B consisting 10 members, that spend 4 hours a day each farming on deed hoping to find one too, which team do you think will find one? I bet my mortgage it will be team A! And for all those who "cant find one" i suggest the following - since you all want scale/hide without leaving the deed, then i suggest you all create 200k bulk to sell and buy hide/scale from the "elites" and you will have the set. Simple. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

still ongoing topic lol...

1. When uniques were found using reveal creatures, pendulums etc - same group of ppl cried they cant find them as "elite" groups have alts logged off every 100 square tiles on the game map. Patched+removed.

2. Uniques were still announced globally when they spawned - once again same ppl cried that gives "elite" groups an edge when to start looking for one and they cant find it. Patcder+removed. Now they cry "elite" groups still find them as they know "respawn time  mechanics"  but the criers dont have a clue when they spawn. OMG adding 2 weeks from the death time is really hard maths i bet.. 

3. "elite" groups or alliances spend hours roaming the map to find one, yet criers dont leave the deed, but once again complain they cant find one when they go 10 tiles outside the deed. Shocking. 

And in general - if there are 2 teams looking for them - team A consisting 5 players spend 4 hours a day each roaming the map and team B consisting 10 members, that spend 4 hours a day each farming on deed hoping to find one too, which team do you think will find one? I bet my mortgage it will be team A! And for all those who "cant find one" i suggest the following - since you all want scale/hide without leaving the deed, then i suggest you all create 200k bulk to sell and buy hide/scale from the "elites" and you will have the set. Simple. 

Not only quite the straw man argument but factually wrong. It is supposedly two weeks from the last spawn, not the last kill. But looking at Niarja even that doesn't seem to hold true.

Why do you argue against a fictional opponent who apparently wants free stuff? This game lacks pve content, and what little content there is lends itself to being monopolised by a minority.
There are ways to incentivize making this content more broadly available, starting with scaling up hide loot based on participants or making the uniques harder to kill. Adding tools to roll for loot among participants would also take a burden of those who organise public kills. Being forced to use 3rd party tools for that speaks to mechanics missing in-game.

To me it seems that deflating the value of hides is the only way forward to making this content more broadly available. And once it is more broadly available, maybe the devs will consider improving the unique content. Currently they have very little reason to do so, when only a tiny fraction of the playerbase would benefit from investing ressources into uniques.

• Like 1

I don't think anybody actually gives a **** about uniques and private slayings, what people are after is equal change to gain some bits from time to time;

bottom line.. if there was 'rift-like' event for everybody to experience and gain something reasonable from it.. and somehow target alts(1) and weed them out.. or give them lower chance.. that would be ideal content giving everybody what they want.. and current unique potato system can remain intact so few kids can roam the maps.. and lurk for tomes and hide/scale(2);

(1) - anyone can buy 8euro alt and be prem for 2 months... and bamboozle other people at half the price, alts will be questionable useful, probably useless at such events.. having equal chance to sponge rewards is unreasonable; drop their rewards in half and maybe exclude them from some rng for better rewards if there's such - it's only for first 2 months - not a big deal, and solves the afk botting and sponging stuff from events.

(2) we see why priv teams do what they do.. it keeps price and supply for imbue/hide/scale/bones scarce and raises the price, that helps nobody but a few people not ever needing to pay to play the game.

Giving common/majority of/ players event and a way to progress is needed.. else we'd not get same posts every year in the form of 5+ to 10+..  keeping everybody happy with reasonable rewards doesn't sound bad, while few shenaniganists get to keep their slight bonus loot grab.

As for priv teams farming uniques.. all have looked into WU code or have a guy who have explained them things, rest is just eliminating the changed devs introduced over the years and adapting to what's left from the old and new mechanic. CLEAR need for change is the same people doing same thing with no competition and the majority of unhappy about same old everyday gameplay with nothing to do.