Sign in to follow this  
Celsteel

Roleplaying in Wurm

Made this because there was not one, simple forum for people to talk about RP in Wurm, such an immersive game should have more mechanics towards it and people :)

• Like 2

Aye, i'm not great at RP, but i do enjoy it especially if the stuation or story line grows from the interactions.

I'll be sending some scouts out soon to other servers, i hope to have a RP tag on them just to let peeps know that they are open to any RP interactions.

About that.. what do you think you need to aid you for normal RP, I imagine emote system and animations aren't great as they are or I am wrong?

It's not that quick to sort through emote right clicks without a better menu to faster check through it all or most of it at a glance, animations can't 'freeze' you in a pose and there's not even basic animation for a dance and such.. like in other mmos, it's for the most part quite restricting to have any body language, unless you sit on something to give some context to what you're doing.. fishing, sitting next to a table.. sitting on a bench next to something or staring at some tapestry/view/etc..

Do you think you need something more, besides obvious maybe VoIP - which you can solve with discord normally.

Things I would love to see

-Ability to keybind emotes for faster use

-Potentially opening the emote menu using a keybind based off of what I'm mousing over 

-PROXIMITY VoIP (Different then just using Discord) - This is voice chat using distance and direction

-More sound bytes for existing emotes

-More animations for existing emotes

• Like 1