Sign in to follow this  
Ehizellbob

[Fixed] Horse not eating from any containers while in a mine

As the title says, I have noticed my horse, while in a mine has stopped eating from piles / containers and food bowls entirely. I'll be in the mine for between 6-8 hours on average, 4-5 days a week and he doesn't eat once during that time yet when he's taken outside to the surface he immediately starts grazing manically. Referencing logs I can see this has been the case since June 1st.

Could someone please look into this, thanks

• Like 2

Thanks for taking the time to meet me in game to have a look at this with you. Please let me know if this still keeps happening for you.

• Like 2

@Pomona

Following your advice, I've left a horse in the mine with an alt (to check logs) to see if he eats at all. He has been there almost a full day and hasn't grazed once. Logs below. I have been thinking and I am wondering if it's maybe waiting until he is ready to fast before eating, which could also explain why horses do not say they are hungry in the inspect animal window yet will still graze / can be hand fed

Spoiler

pJBtjBT.png

It's added to the bug list now, thank you for keeping me updated :)

• Like 1

Another update: monitored the hose for 3 days in total, he did not eat once out of the bowl or a pile of corn on the tile he was stood on despite losing the fat status in his name. He never showed hungry on the inspect animal window. Removed him from the mine and put the same pet bowl in front of him and he immediately ate 5 corns out of the bowl. 

juuuuust gonna give this a bump cause they're not eating out of hitching posts either and I'd  like my animals to be able to eat underground again

Glad to see this is already reported, i lost two champion pets last week to miscarriages because they didn't eat :(

They don't even eat meat from a pile on the floor!

Edited by Nadroj

Probably related to this too, as the pigs were also in mine

Hi again Ehizellbob, can you confirm that the fix works correctly now please, and that your poor horse is no longer confused ;) 

38 minutes ago, Pomona said:

Hi again Ehizellbob, can you confirm that the fix works correctly now please, and that your poor horse is no longer confused ;) 

Yep, he's been happily eating carrots all week while I mine next to him. He's a happy well fed horse again! :D 

Excellent news! Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. 

• Like 1