AceRifle

Additional markets and platforms.

Saw this post today 

https://gamechestgroup.com/investor-relations/press-release/21169

Here's the good translation

Spoiler

Location update May
Newsletter - Stockholm 2021-06-18

During May, a major focus has been on forging further partnerships with game studios and publishers with a goal of establishing a long-term and profitable collaboration for both parties. During the month, Game Chest has identified a number and initiated contact, which has been well received.

Game Chest has a good momentum within the company and this is something we want to maintain, so the management during May also worked with recruitment and expansion of the Game Chest organization.

In May, the company laid a foundation and intensified the development of the company's game Wurm Online. The game will undergo major content updates but will also be launched towards additional markets and platforms.

As previously communicated, Game Chest is developing its own games-on-demand solution that will offer its customers a completely new way of consuming computer games. This work was carried out in May in the form of an expansion of the organization with cutting-edge expertise to develop and develop this unique platform.

We are now also entering the summer period of the year, which is also a low season in the market. The Group has thus seen a small reduction in paying subscribers and now has about 5,500 (6,000 April). This reduction of about 8% is seen in the previous summer an improvement where we saw a reduction of about 11%. The decline in subscribers is completely in line with the company's expectations during the summer period, when smaller computer games are generally played.

“This decline of about 8% is an improvement over the previous year as there is generally a larger global decrease in players during the summer in the company's current customer group. I am pleased to see that we have established a larger and stronger customer base during the year, a work we will continue to do in the future.

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish you all shareholders a great summer and that you take care of yourselves. We in the Game Chest group are driving in top gear for a very exciting second half year. ” - Robin Bäcklund, CEO

For further information contact:
Robin Bäcklund
CEO
Game Chest Group AB (Publ)
ir@gamechestgroup.se

About Game Chest Group AB:
Game Chest Group is active in gaming and esports and has as a business concept to offer innovative and digital platforms. Through efficient and scalable technology, the company contributes to increased gaming joy for gamers all over the world. The company's focus is on delivering a first-class customer experience and continuous growth under an efficient cost structure. Game Chest Group is based in Stockholm. Read more on the company's website: https://gamechestgroup.com

Wonder when we'll get more info?

seems like a bunch of corporate gibberish meant to convince investors that the game is definitely viable to invest in

that said if it's not a lie we can probably hope to see more updates ala the horse update soon? which is good. i mean, i'd rather have updates that break the game (admittedly the game's code is a tangled knot of garbage) and dramatically shift things up over no updates at all.

people were complaining a lot about the horse update "nerfing" things but i honestly think that was fine to an extent, i don't breed but if traits worked as they were supposed to and negative traits didn't infect every offspring/off-category traits were easier to nab i don't think there'd be an issue with it.

This reduction of about 8% is seen in the previous summer an improvement where we saw a reduction of about 11%.

Wow. A great example that you can talk yourself into everything. No timeframe, no real numbers given, highly trustworthy and unbiased information for sure.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AceRifle said:

Wonder when we'll get more info?

A day before something launches.

18 hours ago, AceRifle said:

"We are now also entering the summer period of the year, which is also a low season in the market. The Group has thus seen a small reduction in paying subscribers and now has about 5,500 (6,000 April). This reduction of about 8% is seen in the previous summer an improvement where we saw a reduction of about 11%. The decline in subscribers is completely in line with the company's expectations during the summer period, when smaller computer games are generally played. "

If someone submitted that for an exam on a module I was teaching, I'd have serious concerns about their ability to continue with the course.  Most likely, I'd raise them as "red, in danger of failing".

Actually, you know what, I'm going to use that as an example of "how to fail this course" with my students.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

If someone submitted that for an exam on a module I was teaching, I'd have serious concerns about their ability to continue with the course.  Most likely, I'd raise them as "red, in danger of failing".

Actually, you know what, I'm going to use that as an example of "how to fail this course" with my students.

Nah, it's bog standard pr, you see it in every press release every day. 

Don't forget it's also translated from Swedish, so it'll be a little off. 

But generally saying "we've seen an 8% reduction in sub count since April, compared to an 11% reduction in the previous years period" is just facts. 

As for what the rest could be, who knows? Epic, geforce now, or just a deal with something similar to that other company that is going the competition stuff currently. 

I imagine the rest of the roadmap content is what it's referring to content wise. 

14 minutes ago, Archaed said:

But generally saying "we've seen an 8% reduction in sub count since April, compared to an 11% reduction in the previous years period" is just facts. 

"And in todays news, we saw the theft of sprouts at 8% of our stock, an all time low compared to last year's 11% of our stock!" -

So which of these scenarios is it?

(a) "And in todays news, the theft of sprouts surpassed 10,000 stolen; an all time high compared to last year's theft of 9000 sprouts!"

(b) "And in todays news, the theft of sprouts surpassed 9,000 stolen; an all time low compared to last year's theft of 10,000 sprouts!"

The distinction between the two is important; and really express nothing about the population as a whole (if your game population has increased, a loss of 8% could be terrible, but if your population has decreased then the loss of 8% is the least of your worries!).

Percentages can be VERY misleading; they may be facts, but they're a very "PR" (a very polite term for "strategic lying") way of expressing them.  They're strategically very viable, but in terms of "good statistics" they're rather a "what not to do" guide.

21 hours ago, RainRain said:

seems like a bunch of corporate gibberish meant to convince investors that the game is definitely viable to invest in

that said if it's not a lie we can probably hope to see more updates ala the horse update soon? which is good. i mean, i'd rather have updates that break the game (admittedly the game's code is a tangled knot of garbage) and dramatically shift things up over no updates at all.

people were complaining a lot about the horse update "nerfing" things but i honestly think that was fine to an extent, i don't breed but if traits worked as they were supposed to and negative traits didn't infect every offspring/off-category traits were easier to nab i don't think there'd be an issue with it.

Basically this.

A random noname company developing a completely new exciting way of how people "consume?" video games.

Yeah, no. What a load of crap

"It's okay guys, the drop off in subscribers was expected and planned for all along." 

And what could they possibly mean by new platforms? You mean consoles? Stadia or geforce now? Mobile phones? Wurm on fcking epic games store? 

Edited by atazs

I'm curious what next month's subscriber numbers will be reported as, when there's no update and all the 1-year deals from premium purchase on steam launch expire. I know of at least a half dozen people who bought the 1 year premium time when Wurm first launched on Steam, and none of them are currently playing.

• Like 3

I'm guessing by new platforms and this "new way of how people consume video games" they probably mean yet another shitty streaming service 

I'm pretty optimistic, but I understand the frustration.