olafhairybreeks

Have donkeys and sheep pull small carts

Recommended Posts

+1

hdMSglq.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

 

I think the small cart model would have to be changed slightly so you can sit in it, should be easy.

 

The speed would probably be slower than the large cart with horses/bulls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be lovely to have a small cart for hunting and what not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yserin said:

+1

hdMSglq.png

Exactly! Why have draft traits for sheep if they cannot be ridden or hitched to anything?! I wonder was this an oversight or was there always a plan to hitch them to something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nukacola said:

The speed would probably be slower than the large cart with horses/bulls.

In reality, it's actually just as fast. Donkeys / mules are deceptively strong and hardy.  

 

Growing up in a village in Romania, carts were very much the norm here and still are in many rural places. There's a deep culture revolving around horses and pack animals in my country dating back centuries. 

 

Small carts pulled by donkeys were pretty much as fast as the horse drawn larger variants. 
 

Couldn't find a vid from my country to showcase some donkey speeds, but here's one from Pakistan. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done some speed tests with mules (check Muse's horse traits thread for the results) on my cart, and even with 0 draft traits they're just as good as 5 speed horses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2021 at 2:19 PM, Katrat said:

Exactly! Why have draft traits for sheep if they cannot be ridden or hitched to anything?! I wonder was this an oversight or was there always a plan to hitch them to something?

I'm pretty sure every animal uses the same pool. Might be wrong tho. A viewer of mine has a milk production trait on a hell horse ;) 

Edited by Zuelatak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, elentari said:

In reality, it's actually just as fast. Donkeys / mules are deceptively strong and hardy.  

 

Growing up in a village in Romania, carts were very much the norm here and still are in many rural places. There's a deep culture revolving around horses and pack animals in my country dating back centuries. 

 

Small carts pulled by donkeys were pretty much as fast as the horse drawn larger variants. 
 

Couldn't find a vid from my country to showcase some donkey speeds, but here's one from Pakistan. 

While I agree they are realistically fast. I do believe the small cart should definitely have a driving speed penalty regardless of what's hitched, so that the large cart is an upgrade in speed and space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zuelatak said:

I'm pretty sure every animal uses the same pool. Might be wrong tho. A viewer of mine has a milk production trait on a hell horse ;) 

I'm sure you're right. Chalk it up to Wogic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zuelatak said:

While I agree they are realistically fast. I do believe the small cart should definitely have a driving speed penalty regardless of what's hitched, so that the large cart is an upgrade in speed and space.

 

Agreed. It's Wurm carts that apply the massive speed penalty, for being poorly engineered, crude things any player could make in Week 1. No insult to donkeys/mules is implied here. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For speed, it should be the animal's walking speed (at most) and rather than riding it like the large cart, just lead the hitched animal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now