Sign in to follow this  
olafhairybreeks

Have donkeys and sheep pull small carts

+1

I think the small cart model would have to be changed slightly so you can sit in it, should be easy.

The speed would probably be slower than the large cart with horses/bulls.

It would be lovely to have a small cart for hunting and what not.

2 hours ago, Yserin said:

+1

hdMSglq.png

Exactly! Why have draft traits for sheep if they cannot be ridden or hitched to anything?! I wonder was this an oversight or was there always a plan to hitch them to something?

13 hours ago, Nukacola said:

The speed would probably be slower than the large cart with horses/bulls.

In reality, it's actually just as fast. Donkeys / mules are deceptively strong and hardy.  

Growing up in a village in Romania, carts were very much the norm here and still are in many rural places. There's a deep culture revolving around horses and pack animals in my country dating back centuries. 

Small carts pulled by donkeys were pretty much as fast as the horse drawn larger variants. 

Couldn't find a vid from my country to showcase some donkey speeds, but here's one from Pakistan. 

• Like 1

I've done some speed tests with mules (check Muse's horse traits thread for the results) on my cart, and even with 0 draft traits they're just as good as 5 speed horses.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:19 PM, Katrat said:

Exactly! Why have draft traits for sheep if they cannot be ridden or hitched to anything?! I wonder was this an oversight or was there always a plan to hitch them to something?

I'm pretty sure every animal uses the same pool. Might be wrong tho. A viewer of mine has a milk production trait on a hell horse ;) 

Edited by Zuelatak

14 hours ago, elentari said:

In reality, it's actually just as fast. Donkeys / mules are deceptively strong and hardy.  

Growing up in a village in Romania, carts were very much the norm here and still are in many rural places. There's a deep culture revolving around horses and pack animals in my country dating back centuries. 

Small carts pulled by donkeys were pretty much as fast as the horse drawn larger variants. 

Couldn't find a vid from my country to showcase some donkey speeds, but here's one from Pakistan. 

While I agree they are realistically fast. I do believe the small cart should definitely have a driving speed penalty regardless of what's hitched, so that the large cart is an upgrade in speed and space.

6 minutes ago, Zuelatak said:

I'm pretty sure every animal uses the same pool. Might be wrong tho. A viewer of mine has a milk production trait on a hell horse ;) 

I'm sure you're right. Chalk it up to Wogic.

1 hour ago, Zuelatak said:

While I agree they are realistically fast. I do believe the small cart should definitely have a driving speed penalty regardless of what's hitched, so that the large cart is an upgrade in speed and space.

Agreed. It's Wurm carts that apply the massive speed penalty, for being poorly engineered, crude things any player could make in Week 1. No insult to donkeys/mules is implied here. ;)

For speed, it should be the animal's walking speed (at most) and rather than riding it like the large cart, just lead the hitched animal.