Sign in to follow this  
olafhairybreeks

Have donkeys and sheep pull small carts

What the title says! It would be good to have small carts pulled by one donkey or one sheep (or perhaps rams only?), and be lead by the player. The advantage would be less slowdown than pulling the cart onesself. Also it would be frigging adorable! Otherwise the small cart would remain unchanged, same weight, same capacity.

• Like 16

Love this idea. Been wanting this for F2P players myself. Not sure about the sheep or ram, but I definitely think they should be able to hitch a donkey or perhaps a mule, so that they can carry goods not based off of their Body Strength. I imagined the character riding the small cart and it going VERY slow probably dragging speed, but with the additional benefit of not having to worry about weight capacity. As an added bonus perhaps they could also use a carrot on a stick to get a slight speed bonus or something haha.

• Like 3

I mentioned sheep and rams cos goat carts are/were a thing, and sheep are the nearest thing we have! Plus I want an excuse to make more sheeps.

1 hour ago, olafhairybreeks said:

I mentioned sheep and rams cos goat carts are/were a thing, and sheep are the nearest thing we have! Plus I want an excuse to make more sheeps.

Haha! Yeah, why not have draft sheep? Make some use of these across-the-board traits. :)

• Cat 1

Been suggested time and time again, the time to listen would've been before the steam launch so doubt we'll ever see it

• Like 1

Maybe we're suggesting it wrong?

How about "a 'medium cart' pulled by 1 large/2 medium/4 small creatures, that can only be steered by being lead, with a halter rope, whilst on-foot."

• Like 1

If it's done through leading I don't think it should be normal leading speed. I think the player should be moving at about drag speed.

Or perhaps moving at the animal's drag speed? That would make more sense as the player wouldn't be the one actually dragging.

I want this for the adorableness alone. i don't use sm carts for anything, but would consider having a ram pulled sm cart for around the deed for light chore work.

• Like 1

Well, the best solution might be hitching the critters to the small cart, then right clicking to "lead" the small cart; with Min(Player speed, cart speed) being chosen as the speed so that this dosn't end up overpowered, but acts as a nice earlygame option for players dragging ore from a mine to their forge.

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 3

+1 Yes! I really do think new players need this! Plus it would give a use to all those little carts out there that we all made starting out then later tossed aside adding to the clutter.

• Like 2

Another alternative is to let players drag them while riding a critter for a speed penalty.

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 2

The only issue with that would be not being able to do things like planting or milking, as with large carts.

On 6/19/2021 at 5:35 AM, olafhairybreeks said:

Or perhaps moving at the animal's drag speed? That would make more sense as the player wouldn't be the one actually dragging.

That's fine. I don't believe that it'd be a different speed and I don't think dragging ever gets faster? My main point is just that I think it should be very slow for the early game benefit of being able to transport lots of goods easier. 

Love this idea! It makes so much sense. Small carts are pretty much useless after the first few days (or maybe even hours) of playing, but if we had this ability I'd want to use one again and then our pet donkeys could have a nice function too. It'll be most useful for new players of course, but I would also use it for things like botanizing or archaeology which involve moving around constantly but you also need to be on the ground to do the actions, and pick up a lot of stuff on the way. Saddle bags fill up so fast!

I don't think it makes sense to use sheep for this, but definitely donkeys and mules, maybe bulls too.

• Like 1

Still a good idea.  Should also be for pigs, and of course GOATS!

• Like 1

Fill the cart up with fireworks, put on your witch hat and off you go

17b68e7d034efa26cbcc163a3e1ece16.jpg

• Like 1

+1 it makes sense. Donkey or a Mule would work perfectly for this. Also it would mean my supreme small cart would be useful :D

+1 A very good new purpose for a currently underused item

• Like 2