Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 17/JUN/2021

Have anyone figured what picking stuff output trait does?

• Like 1

I am looking forward to hearing an explanation of what sort of system it is that produces results like this with 75 AH, and what is being done to correct it, because it makes absolutely no sense as it stands right now.

pn0puRm.jpg

Dropped a trait from the dominant pool, dropped points total, and colours continue to be pretty much random, not matching either parent, resulting in yet another foal to cull as I wouldn't waste the space on raising it now that it's dominant pool is tied, and it's effectively a 1 speed horse.

And this....

aeaWRTf.jpg

Again dropped traits from the dominant pool, has gone from speed dominant to misc, lost points and again a different colour from both parents. The  way things are working, we might as well just randomly spawn foals in, they have little to do with their parents.

Edited by Delone
  • Like 2

Misc isnt supposed to be a dominant like negative isnt but thats assuming something from the update works ;)

1 minute ago, SmeJack said:

Misc isnt supposed to be a dominant like negative isnt but thats assuming something from the update works ;)

"Supposed".. my foals tell me otherwise. I have foals with misc/misc/output and other combinations of misc and output traits with no speed or draft.

• Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update

-

Edited by Yserin

58 minutes ago, Bekador said:

"Supposed".. my foals tell me otherwise. I have foals with misc/misc/output and other combinations of misc and output traits with no speed or draft.

Because output is a dominant 

• Like 1

Going back to Bison, I don't think Bison should even be able to get Speed traits. They cannot be ridden and it has no effect on pulling carts and wagons, right?

I also could just be salty because I just got the rare speed trait on a Bison and feel sad LOL....

• Like 1

• Traits have point values now which influence their chance to pass on and how many traits.

Either we need everything at 10 points again, or this has got to go.... 

This has got to be the reason why so many offspring are worse than their parents, dropping the most desirable of their traits when you breed, like lightning for the useless water trait in the next gen, or any of the actually useful draught traits for easy on gear.

Both the new water trait and easy on gear should go from speed and draught categories and be replaced by something useful, at the moment they are essentially points killers that nobody wants, and just result in offspring that are worse than their parents by replacing desired traits in the dominant pool.

We are breeding for worse offspring in each generation due to the high point values on the traits we want, and a multitude of damn useless cheap point traits, half of which don't even work as stated.

Edited by Delone
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Delone said:

Either we need everything at 10 points again, or this has got to go.... 

This has got to be the reason why so many offspring are worse than their parents, dropping the most desirable of their traits when you breed, like lightning for the useless water trait in the next gen, or any of the actually useful draught traits for easy on gear.

Both the new water trait and easy on gear should go from speed and draught categories and be replaced by something useful, at the moment they are essentially points killers that nobody wants, and just result in offspring that are worse than their parents by replacing desired traits in the dominant pool.

We are breeding for worse offspring in each generation due to the high point values on the traits we want, and a multitude of damn useless cheap point traits, half of which don't even work as stated.

some junk traits are 5 points.. turning them into 10 and be equal in weight to transfer or cut more of your rng.. it wont be any better, will be the same or worse('being optimistic')

HILARIOUS 

NEWS FLASH.. movement on cart.. especially with normal horses have always been disgusting(compared to hhs).. you suggest it to be even worse and have even worse rng to get worse... - AMAZING

if anything.. speed gap between normal/hell horse speed need to be smaller than what it is currently, with the speed/weight nerf normal horses are just trash-er than ever and pointless to use compared to hhs

<<imagine change-my-mind-meme.png>>

52 minutes ago, Finnn said:

some junk traits are 5 points.. turning them into 10 and be equal in weight to transfer or cut more of your rng.. it wont be any better, will be the same or worse('being optimistic')

I'm taking it as being the lower the point value, the higher the chance of it passing on or aquiring.. this is why we get so many crap 5/10 traits, while the ones we actually want cost more, and are breeding right off. 20 point traits, the ones that actually make a significant difference, breed off to get replaced by lower ones, even when they are the dominant pool. So you trade lightning movement for accustomed to water, and friendly and other crap you don't have any desire, or use, for.

Moving the 5 point traits up to 10 should mean they jump in less often, and moving the 20 point traits down should mean they drop off less often. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Finnn said:

if anything.. speed gap between normal/hell horse speed need to be smaller than what it is currently, with the speed/weight nerf normal horses are just trash-er than ever and pointless to use compared to hhs

Careful, the way thing are going in Wurm, you will get what you ask for....  they will just totally nerf Hell horses, that way the gap is less 😜 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delone said:

Careful, the way thing are going in Wurm, you will get what you ask for....  they will just totally nerf Hell horses, that way the gap is less 😜 

you think that's the case when you ask for more even ground.. the solution is to make everybody miserable?(rhetorical, I get your point)

definitely not what I meant.. and hopefully you're wrong

Edited by Finnn

-

Edited by Yserin

1 hour ago, Yserin said:

woot a match!

50 points woot 2 speed!/sarcasm

UJQLq5E.png

what was your skill at the time of breeding, not that it matters much but to be 50..?

--

I have seen 2 6 trait foals that lost a speed trait and came out 5 points lower then their 65 parents.

and a 7 trait foal a while back that was also under 70.

Edited by Yserin

I didn't even notice the water trait... yea.. 1 speed.. from 2x 3 speeds without that nonsense 'water' trait on either to transfer.. interesting trait picking system choice.

My greatest achievement was 2 wild bisons.. resulting a 0 traited bison, I think I beat the game 0+0=0 traits.. and the bred in captivity mark on top..(80+ skill)

• Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin
  • Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin

Disclaimer: This is in no way an attack on Demona and her work. I know she is just the bearer of news and can give the player base only what is given to her. Where I at her place I would get frustrated with the silence from above and being made the scapecoat to cushions the blows that came from the community after this half baked update.

Today it has been 4 weeks since the last patch, 7 weeks since the initial "Animal Update". 10 days from Demonas " in the next few days" comment.

We still don't know if the update is working as intended or in which parts it is bugged.

We still don't know how we are supposed to breed usefull animals after the update.

We still don't know if any attempts are made to sort and fix this mess.

No "Valrei International", no dev post, nothing but silence.

To me it looks like the devs made mistakes (no problem, everyone does) and then decided to make no explanation, no official comment and hung out Demona to dry and let her take the unavoidable blows that would follow. And there lies the fault.

And no, "we are working on it" is not enough. It gets old and sounds more and more like a empty excuse after such a long time without further information.

We as players don't need to know everything, but if you still want our money and you make such a mess, we as customers are owed an explanation and at least a visible attempt to fix the things you messed up. And both in a reasonable time.

Some players have made a lot of alts to care for their animals

Some players used runes to stop the aging of their old 5 speeders

Some players have stopped breeding and culled their herds

Not everyone can or wants to go those routes and its a clear sign that something is broken on a basic level with the update when the players go such ways just to avoid the update.

While traveling over land yesterday I saw so many deeds with cleared and empty pens. Even on deeds that were clearly busy. It was a sad sight.

So, to the dev team:

We are waiting...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bekador said:

Disclaimer: This is in no way an attack on Demona and her work. I know she is just the bearer of news and can give the player base only what is given to her. Where I at her place I would get frustrated with the silence from above and being made the scapecoat to cushions the blows that came from the community after this half baked update.

Today it has been 4 weeks since the last patch, 7 weeks since the initial "Animal Update". 10 days from Demonas " in the next few days" comment.

We still don't know if the update is working as intended or in which parts it is bugged.

We still don't know how we are supposed to breed usefull animals after the update.

We still don't know if any attempts are made to sort and fix this mess.

No "Valrei International", no dev post, nothing but silence.

To me it looks like the devs made mistakes (no problem, everyone does) and then decided to make no explanation, no official comment and hung out Demona to dry and let her take the unavoidable blows that would follow. And there lies the fault.

And no, "we are working on it" is not enough. It gets old and sounds more and more like a empty excuse after such a long time without further information.

We as players don't need to know everything, but if you still want our money and you make such a mess, we as customers are owed an explanation and at least a visible attempt to fix the things you messed up. And both in a reasonable time.

Some players have made a lot of alts to care for their animals

Some players used runes to stop the aging of their old 5 speeders

Some players have stopped breeding and culled their herds

Not everyone can or wants to go those routes and its a clear sign that something is broken on a basic level with the update when the players go such ways just to avoid the update.

While traveling over land yesterday I saw so many deeds with cleared and empty pens. Even on deeds that were clearly busy. It was a sad sight.

So, to the dev team:

We are waiting...

We are working on some tweaks to it still, want to make sure we have something people will enjoy this time more info soon on the changes as soon as we can we are doing internal testing on them currently. Things will pass on more consistently and miscellaneous trait will not be so common to show up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darklords said:

Things will pass on more consistently and miscellaneous trait will not be so common to show up.

Is this from both parents again or still just one 

5 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Is this from both parents again or still just one 

The bonus for both parents having it has been increased by a lot.

• Like 2

While on topic, can we get any way to remove the useless misc traits on horses , such as "it seems to pick stuff up" ? At this point it's starting to be regarded more as a negative trait not a misc one. 

1 hour ago, elentari said:

While on topic, can we get any way to remove the useless misc traits on horses , such as "it seems to pick stuff up" ? At this point it's starting to be regarded more as a negative trait not a misc one. 

There's still the chance that it does what it was said to do.. or not... but so far the 'tries to steal a carrot from your pocket and you catch it just in time' is only speculation that it's all it does.

Traits were poorly described, faster movement on water is useless trait with relatively no roads in few steps of water to utilize it.. forcing players to level roads below water level is dumb to utilize 1 trait.. normal horse traits triggering rarely and mostly not.. is another issue or that speed on and off roads seem exactly the same with the rng on/off traits.. where roads are supposed to provide significant movement speed, all that is really unreliable and also the base we play with for most vehicles

Sign in to follow this