Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 17/JUN/2021

• New: When inbreeding creatures, it will now display a message for you if you are above level 30 Animal Husbandry, telling you they are related at the start of the action.
  • New: Added the ability to drag and drop equipment onto animals, and an option to quickly unequip animals.
  • New: Inspect Animal is now allowed to be used through a fence.
  • New: Added new titles for Soul Strength
  • New: Added new title for 100 skill in Natural Substances.
  • New: Added new title for 100 skill in Two Handed Swords
  • New: Icons for Hay
  • Change: All creatures have had their base carry weight increased to help account for the splitting of speed and draft traits.
  • Change: Decreased penalty from added weight in vehicles and for using non-draft horses.
  • Change: Reduced the chance overall to get negative traits using the new system, additional small reduction in negative trait chance is added based on breeding skill.
  • Change: The inspect window will now show a separate line with “It has been bred in captivity” or “It is a wild creature”, to avoid showing “bred in captivity” in the trait list.
  • Change: Feeding troughs can no longer be locked
  • Bugfix: Pet Bowls can now be improved
  • Bugfix: Pet Bowls no longer stack into a pile when on the ground
  • Bugfix: Saddled animals will properly return to their original position after eating from a container
  • Bugfix: Corrections made to ensure animals in general return to the original position after eating.
  • Bugfix: Animals will no longer eat out of a locked hitching post unless hitched to it.
  • Bugfix: Renaming items on ground will now instantly show the new name
  • Bugfix: Prevent hitching post hell horses getting angry when eating from the ground.
  • Bugfix: Swimming sound will no longer continue to be heard after you embark on a boat if you’ve been swimming.
  • Bugfix: You will now hear a drum roll for the moment of inspiration when finding a rare coin.
  • Bugfix: Characters will now leave the world correctly after logging out.
  • Bugfix: Sickle use timer will now consider, rarity, skill, ql, runes and enchants.
  • Bugfix: Fixed parent names being swapped in inspect animal window
  • Bugfix: Increased the default window size for the Inspect Animal window.
  • Bugfix: Fixed in-game Wurmpedia processes using up a lot of memory, even after closing the game. The JCEF process should close properly once the game client is closed.

Please report any other issues of the JCEF process using up a lot of memory in the client bugs section, so we can track those down if they still exist.

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix: Swimming sound will no longer continue to be heard after you embark on a boat if you’ve been swimming.
  • Bugfix: Fixed in-game Wurmpedia processes using up a lot of memory, even after closing the game. The JCEF process should close properly once the game client is closed.

Thanks.

• New: Added the ability to drag and drop equipment onto animals, and an option to quickly unequip animals.

❤️

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

New: When inbreeding creatures, it will now display a message for you if you are above level 30 Animal Husbandry, telling you they are related at the start of the action.

Wow! Nice idea. 🙂 

• Change: All creatures have had their base carry weight increased to help account for the splitting of speed and draft traits.
  • Change: Decreased penalty from added weight in vehicles and for using non-draft horses.
  • Change: Reduced the chance overall to get negative traits using the new system, additional small reduction in negative trait chance is added based on breeding skill.

I expect the worst... hope I'm wrong

37 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Animals will no longer eat out of a locked hitching post.

I have to assume this is unless they are hitched to it?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

I have to assume this is unless they are hitched to it?

Yup, clarifying that just hadn't gotten to the forums to do so yet :)

52 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Prevent hitching post hell horses getting angry when eating from the ground.

If this works as it sounds....thank you!

I hope this patch resolves many of the issues we have been having! Thank you, I look forward to testing the changes!

Logged in with no patch seemingly applied?

Did servers come up too soon?

Parents still reversed, but can now inspect over fences, relogged, still the same.

Edited by Delone

Speeds of hitched animals are increased! (more testing to see how weight now changes this)

Hell horses hitched to hitching posts on enchanted grass are not angry! THANK YOU!

Had one dead hell horse that was old and not starving, was hitched to a post....no known reason why it has died, seems there is something still killing off some animals

27 minutes ago, Delone said:

Parents still reversed, but can now inspect over fences, relogged, still the same.

Should be working as normal soon, that part is taking its time :)

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

When inbreeding creatures, it will now display a message for you if you are above level 30 Animal Husbandry, telling you they are related at the start of the action.

This is like a "You win Wurm" ticket to me lol.

• Like 1

what was the purpose from changing a cool title for 70 soul strength, deepwalker, into some trash iron-willed title

• Like 1

Toolbelt is still not fixed.

Would be great to have a properly working toolbelt. I had to click 4 times to select my rope just now.

Is there at least someone looking into this problem? Is it on the list to be fixed?

Edited by SweetSusie

10 minutes ago, SweetSusie said:

Toolbelt still isn't fixed. 

Would be great to have a properly working toolbelt. I had to click 4 times to select my rope just now.

Is there at least someone looking into this problem? Is it on the list to be fixed?

It is being looked into yes, should be fixed soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Prevent hitching post hell horses getting angry when eating from the ground.

Am I reading this correctly in that a hell horse hitched to a hitching post, even without food in the hitching post, will be blue if being on enchanted grass?

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Borstaskor said:

Am I reading this correctly in that a hell horse hitched to a hitching post, even without food in the hitching post, will be blue if being on enchanted grass?

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Yes...my herd of hell horses that are hitched don't try to cook me and eat me anymore!!!!

• Like 4

ty for these especially

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • New: Inspect Animal is now allowed to be used through a fence.

Wooo! Thank you! ❤️

Thank you very much, developers, for the release of this patch!

By the items listed, it looks like this will go a long way in both correcting some issues introduced in the Animals Update and even fixes a couple longstanding issues such as renaming items on the ground.

In total, it looks good!

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Swimming sound will no longer continue to be heard after you embark on a boat if you’ve been swimming.

My prayers have been answered - thank you!  🙏😭😭😭

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix: Renaming items on ground will now instantly show the new name

This fix (not tested to confirm yet but I will!!!) is worth 100 new feature releases.  The water splashing sound fix has happened in the past and never actually worked, so I am skeptical, but eager to try!  In the event it does work, I'd like to say congrats for removing one of the most irritating bugs of all time, which has also lasted since my early days of Wurm.

Also super annoying to rename something and not see the new name until relogging.  Thank you!

Edited by Wurmhole

I was pleased that after a short test, the cart prove to be able to carry over 12k kg of weight (150 support beams and some stuff) so that one can say that my cart (ql72 with 2 "old 5sp") is operational again for minework etc. The speed of 14-15 on plain grass is not impressive but so what. It would need to test which difference several hitches (wild horse, bull, bison etc.) will make and how it performs uphill, downhill etc. and where the weight limits start to bite. This is especially significant for ql. Will the large cart be usable for new players who just premed and hitch 2 bulls or wild horses, or still be a death trap? 

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Please report any other issues of the JCEF process using up a lot of memory in the client bugs section, so we can track those down if they still exist.

I had that one like 3 hours after i stopped play wurm some days ago  it killed my web browser but ill restarted comp and it was gone, but why is it still there if its something to this game?

This is why ill use my reset button often, i dont want to save down unnecessary info from weird areas.

Edited by MrCoolMan
Added something

Sign in to follow this