Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Unbelievably fast

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2021 at 11:30 PM, DevBlog said:

It is unbelievably fast: always on speed bonus similar to hell horses (Speed, Rare)

Been playing around with some new horses (none of them ebony) weighing a total of 51kgs, no shoes or saddle and on flat land of course:

3 speed (without water) fluctuates around with a max of 24.5

4 speed (with water lol) fluctuates around with a max of 23.7

and 5 speed despite claiming to be always on is fluctuating quite a bit between 20.1, 20.8, 22.3, 24.4, 25.2, 26.6, 27.3 and 28.8

So if something is always on im not seeing it.

Edited by SmeJack

I did last week test to find out if age has meaning but here is first results which might help. Its all done on flat surface. west to east and back (didnt look what wind direction was or what direction i was running for each speed value). Only differences these two horse have is one is cared, age (old and venerable) and PaintGolden has Spark and WildLei has lightning speed. Weird thing is that 2sp is faster than 3sp which is why im waiting for old horse to turn venerable to see if PaintGolden speed changes.

Yw9lfVzBIyAABIAAEAACQAAIAAEgAASAQPUIoOS1

Age isn't a factor, but since I know some people will go to the grave claiming it does I used the same age and colour horses for my test. Either way though it doesn't really change the point of the bug report.

Edited by SmeJack

Now that my 5 speed has aged up enough to be ridden, can also confirm that the unbelievably fast trait is not causing traits to be on all the time, but does appear to be triggering the water trait engaging at times, based on it being around 5kph faster with the same gear as a 3 speed without water trait, and averaging consistantly higher speeds.

However, with some testing, it does appear that the water trait then may be kicking in a second time when actually riding in shallow water, as the horse then got a further speed boost - geared with high 80's shoes with low 90's woa, and an unenchanted 80's saddle, best speed i saw out of water was 42kph with a light load, and that increased up to 45kph when in water. Riding pretty much nekid with nothing carried, broke 48kph in water.

Doing more testing, I think it is the wording of the trait that has been misinterpreted ... it is a speed trait that is always on, not all traits always on. Adds a speed bonus that is on at all times, and worth around 5kph, this would explain why I was seeing a further boost when the horse then ran in shallow water.

Edited by Delone