Sign in to follow this  
Joshh

Only 1 pvp server

As shown with the release of defiance originally, there are definitely a large number of players, both new and old, that are interested in the pvp side of wurm. With that being said, having multiple different server spreads the initial population to thin, and being that they all struggle to keep consistent player bases, I see no reason for more than 1 to exist in the first place. Epic is dead completely, plain and simple. Chaos/Defiance both see mixed levels of activity, with chaos players not wanting to come to defiance because they have established accounts already, and defiance players not wanting to go to chaos because of the massive difference in a new account vs an established one already. Therefore, remove chaos and make it a pve server for people who want to visit it for nostalgia etc, and allow freedom players a one time skill transfer to defiance to support the growth of ONE pvp server.

would make sense to turn Chaos into an Archeology Server, and leave the unique mobs there, maybe add some more stuff to archeology, make things a bit more interesting.

• Like 1

Ehh, -1

Having defiance as an "entry level" pvp server with restrictions for those who prefer to play without various mechanics is a good thing. If/when they link NFI/SFI, defiance players or more freedom players may go to chaos as their accounts become more established as well.

And canning an actually active server like chaos makes little to no sense. How about they do something regarding epic first?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jore said:

Ehh, -1

Having defiance as an "entry level" pvp server with restrictions for those who prefer to play without various mechanics is a good thing. If/when they link NFI/SFI, defiance players or more freedom players may go to chaos as their accounts become more established as well.

And canning an actually active server like chaos makes little to no sense. How about they do something regarding epic first?

My suggestion is less on the specifics of which server does what, just that there should only be 1 server period. epic needs shutdown entirely, theres no debate around that

49 minutes ago, ArthurHawkwing said:

would make sense to turn Chaos into an Archeology Server, and leave the unique mobs there, maybe add some more stuff to archeology, make things a bit more interesting.

no thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joshh said:

Therefore, remove chaos and make it a pve server for people who want to visit it for nostalgia etc, and allow freedom players a one time skill transfer to defiance to support the growth of ONE pvp server.

nah

if what you're saying was totally accurate, then you'd just get chaos folks dumpstering defiance players and them rage quitting putting us back to square one

4 hours ago, Joshh said:

chaos players not wanting to come to defiance because they have established accounts already

many people dont play on defiance because basically all of the changes to "help new players" on defiance remove any form of end game chase goals or completely change pvp, saying its because they already have established accounts is a bit disingenuous. even if you gave me a beefy account on defiance i wouldn't play on that garbage ruleset, and i know many others on chaos who feel the same.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

many people dont play on defiance because basically all of the changes to "help new players" on defiance remove any form of end game chase goals or completely change pvp, saying its because they already have established accounts is a bit disingenuous. even if you gave me a beefy account on defiance i wouldn't play on that garbage ruleset, and i know many others on chaos who feel the same.

Care to share what the ruleset is? I'm a long time chaos/epic player, and haven't touched defiance, so am unaware.

On 6/15/2021 at 8:29 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

Likewise, I wouldn't play on Epic/Chaos even if someone handed me a top-level account for free. I am however happy to point players in the direction of whichever server most closely matches the style of gameplay they want to achieve in Wurm. For me, that's Defiance. For others, it isn't. Happy to learn more so that I can direct newbies to the server they would most like to play, to improve player retention.

On 6/15/2021 at 5:49 PM, Joshh said:

and allow freedom players a one time skill transfer to defiance to support the growth of ONE pvp server.

what about the people that stayed on Epic, albeit a small number of them? If Epic gets deleted what happens to them? What about the few players that have joined epic post skill transfer and if they transfer to freedom, they have zero skills? 

I do agree that the PvP population is spread waaay too much. 6 Pvp servers? Hell combined population of Epic/ Chaos / Defiance doesnt even come close to what Elevation used to have 8 years ago. And that was just 1 server. 

But please include a suggestion that doesnt screw over the remaining Epic players after they have been screwed over for years, a nice change of pace in how they have been treated would be nice. 

18 minutes ago, elentari said:

what about the people that stayed on Epic, albeit a small number of them? If Epic gets deleted what happens to them? What about the few players that have joined epic post skill transfer and if they transfer to freedom, they have zero skills? 

I do agree that the PvP population is spread waaay too much. 6 Pvp servers? Hell combined population of Epic/ Chaos / Defiance doesnt even come close to what Elevation used to have 8 years ago. And that was just 1 server. 

But please include a suggestion that doesnt screw over the remaining Epic players after they have been screwed over for years, a nice change of pace in how they have been treated would be nice. 

What about 1 SMALL PvP server all PvP servers could reach? You can take A CLONE OF your skills, your pet, and anything equipped on you or your Pet?

Default, simple bases, no item/skill loss, no loot. Just pure PvP based on the best you can equip yourself with before you transfer.

Map can change on a regular basis, player-terraforming can be turned off, item drop can be turned off, gravestones can be turned off - you aren't dying, just losing your clone.

Retainable rewards are based on achievements successfully completed on that map, per map reset. Number of defeats/victories over that timespan will factor in.

Minimum 1x1km map, maximum 8x8km map, depending on number of players that participated on the last map.

I'd love to suggest a Valrei link-in, but that wouldn't work.

So maybe a shared Seris map/event system? We would effectively BE ghosts visiting Seris, as Templars/Shadows are here.

Actually that would be pretty cool - to play as translucent Kingdom-coloured avatars HAUNTING the haven of the dead with our warfare.

Not sure the best way to get there, but I definitely think there should only really be 2 clusters at the end of the day. 1 PvE and 1 PvP. That way everyone is committed to the server they started with and there isn't this skill on PvE and then go back to PvP to fight etc. Also, an added bonus of this is the ability to make changes to PvE that don't effect PvP and vice versa. Where something like no FoV cap would be great on PvE, but would provide a massive advantage on PvP. 

Epic might be very silent but there are still players there. And some players simply won't pvp anywhere else. While others have already moved to Chaos/new servers. So in the worst possible scenario Epic will become a sort of Golden Valley.

But honestly that's nonsense. It's a very unique PvP experience for Wurm with multiple kingdoms and such. More like an RvR sort of game.

If it were up to me to make WO2 I would only make an epic like server with a huuuge middle one, and more care-beary rules on the home server. I played PvE on Epic, and I think it can accomodate everyone :)

• Like 1