Sign in to follow this  
Eleraan

Best draft animals for wagons now

So with the changes do speed traits and gear on horses affect wagon speeds or just draft traits?

Do Bison still get a speed bonus on wagons?  

Are fully geared/traited hell horses still better than Bison on wagons?

Just curious, we always preferred bison but horses were better.

• Like 3

Bump, any animal breeding guru's figured this out yet? 

As far as I'm concerned, it's the same as it was before, except draft traits affect the speed rather than speed traits. Nothing seem to have change in the dynamic of bison vs horse vs hell horse on wagons.

Bisons are still better than horses gearless.
Horses are still better than bison with enough money invested in to gear.
Hell horses are still better than them both but with the exact same downside as they've always had.

Seems to be no change there.

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Borstaskor said:

As far as I'm concerned, it's the same as it was before, except draft traits affect the speed rather than speed traits. Nothing seem to have change in the dynamic of bison vs horse vs hell horse on wagons.

Hell horses are still better than them both but with the exact same downside as they've always had.

good ah patch, no change, good content.

oh wait weight nerf, not good.

I didn't say they didn't change the wagons and carts. I said there seem to be no change to what animals are best and how good they all are compared to each other.

Wagon and carts being nerfed in general has nothing to do with that and (as far as I can deduce) the purpose of this thread is to find out what hitching animals to use.

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 1

I'd love to see some data detailing affects of draft trait animals. If we are going to investigate what's better folks need to justify their claims.

Did players already breed 3/4 draft trait bison, horse, and HH so we can do vehicle pulling comparison? I believe I read in a news post that animals with 3 or more draft traits get a vehicle speed boost. What about when the vehicle is loaded with lots of weight?

worst part is we have no control over traits.. they trigger randomly on and off..

will be "fun" to spend a an hour or few to test things

We have one four draft horse so far. No four draft bison. So havent been able to test yet.

90 AH here, 40+ hellhorse offspring every week, and not get even single draft on them :(

On 6/23/2021 at 10:45 AM, Borstaskor said:

What about donkeys ?

On 6/25/2021 at 7:07 PM, perji said:

What about donkeys ?

I don't know about donkeys.

According to patch notes, mules are supposed to be :

• Mules are also as good as draft creatures as horses.

However, some reports are coming in saying that mules are considerably better than horses. I can't confirm this myself but it seems that no traited mules pull carts faster than no traited horses.

For all we know, mules might have a boost to draft for carts similar to bisons have for wagons. Speculations..

Edited by Borstaskor