Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Make unicorn and hell horse mounts not suck!

You know why no one rides a unicorn or hell horse?  Because everything in the game is trying to kill it and if you're riding it while fighting a mob, the mob kills your mount.

We have gear for unicorns and guessing maybe can put on hell horses, but there's no point since you can't keep your mount alive.

Out in the middle of the woods with a bunch of mobs and no horses to ride, but bunch of wild unicorns.  I spent a lot of time on taming skill to 50 so lets tame and ride a unicorn since walking in full gear in grass is slow.  Tame first unicorn and troll and bear come out of freakin no where and start attacking it.  Kill them off while they killed the unicorn so I tame 2nd unicorn.  Lets go ride up to a troll and fight it.  Well unicorn wants to be part of the fight so troll kills it while I'm bashing the troll.  Tame 3rd unicorn for the hell of it.  No mobs so good to go and don't have to run around naked to get speed.  I go to the bathroom AFK for a few minutes and come back and my unicorn I was riding is dead and I find I killed troll while AFK.  WTF!  Wild horse wouldn't have died if that was an option to ride at the time.

Can you change mounts being tamed not aggro everything in game so we can use them as actual mounts?  Can't hitch a unicorn to a cart so they are completely useless except butchering.

• Like 5

Unicorns definitely need some kind of buff; their passenger function would be neat if it didn't slow them to a stop!

A unicorn should outstrip a horse in every way but...

1.  You can't take them on long trips without making pens every time you log off.

2.  If you log off and leave them around by mistake, you will find them dead the next day.

3.  You can't tame animals while out on a unicorn or you lose your mount.

Really, taming as a whole just needs reworking...

• Like 2

maybe just need to be tamed to ride or hitched, then you can untame them like bears would be really nice!

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

Really, taming as a whole just needs reworking...

For pve, I see no reasons why we shouldn't be able to tame 2-3 even four animals at a time.  A new taming update should've come with the AH update since they are interlinked. 

Something like taming perks, unlocked at 50, 70, 90 and 100 (if anyone has 100?) would be ideal. Examples : at 50 skill you can tame 2 pets, at 70, 3 pets, at 90 4 pets. 

In addition you should be able to, with a 7 day cooldown perhaps, set a pet as "permanently friendly" after enough interactions. This way HH wouldn't need to be tamed, unicorns would be viable and people wouldn't accidentally chop off their wild cat in the bedroom because they had an axe equipped (true story). RIP Dorothy Tubbsman Esq. the third. 

I can see this disabled on pvp for obvious reasons, but the 1 animal limitation is nonsensical. If I have 2 dogs in RL does it mean only one of them will listen to me? :)) 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 4:13 AM, elentari said:

I can see this disabled on pvp for obvious reasons

In PVE as well. If they have no limits to taming, you could tame up a bunch of animals and have them take all the hits for you whenever you fight Trolls or Dragons or whatever..

The solution to that is also easy though, whenever you start a fight, only the first tamed animal you command to attack will listen, and then all your other tamed animals will refuse to engage and will become untamed if you force them into the fight through other means or exploits. That way you could walk around with your 12 cats but only one of them will help when you get mauled by a Venerable Champion Troll.