Sign in to follow this  
jaquari

Searching for people who had problems with players Jamel or Surigx currently or in the past

As in topic, those are old players that probably think that their game experience makes them do whatever they want disregarding other players.

I heard many unpleasant stories from other players that encountered Jamel, now I heard from my neighboring players that he was probably involved in breaking in into my enclosed area with Surigx where I had a little closed mine. This area was not deeded but I've put a building named Brotherland Mining Operations so that other players would know that this place is maintained by my deed. Also there were gates with my name tag on it, so anyone so old and experienced should know how to message me and talk about sharing the mine or so... I wouldn't mind if somebody would be nice and ask - instead of it Surigx broke my gates and mine door, put his own and also between my buildings he put a small settlement so now I can do nothing, my buildings are in perimeter and mine is on his deed. If this is not griefing then i call it impudence.

I'm a friendly player also remembering some old times in Wurm and one thing that makes me feel bad are such players that do not respect other players. This game is made for all of us and except a few cases most of us players especially Independence players want to just play peacefully, without fear that someone will come and take or destroy our stuff or make a mess in neighborhood putting doors on public mines, digging dirt from our deed perimeter or worse, just because he/she can.

I'm not afraid to call Jamel name even if he wasn't in collusion with Surigx but from all the stories I can suspect that he had no good intentions.

So I ash you all - if you have some stories to share involving those two players - please do, post them in reply.

Regards to all the peaceful good players

Yours Jaquari 

Edited by jaquari
  • Like 4

Hello there.

I have been staying near Wintermute for more then 6 months...... never had an issue with Jamel or Ginette

.........doesnt look like hes travelling at all to bash someone elses fences or doors

once he said to me to tiddy up area, after i was leaving unfinished items and piles everywhere....

second thing he installed a mine door.....but i got acces day after .... so cant complain

..................................................................................................................................................

game is full of root by the way ....

someone talks to you .............. then comes 3at night to bash your fences and steal horses

and then holds "Queenrun on his own deed  "Yabba  like nothing happen....... all allowed acording to those peoples rules

...................................................................................................................................................

had been fun

nice been meeting you

deleted account with GM's help 

2021-05-29 - Frozen 

Edited by shakys
Moderation Edit

@gothrek I've heard this story too, but from different point of view from the Yabba owner... hard to know who lies, but as far as I know you do not have any reasons to make it up.

Sadly this was not only one story about Jamel, but if I was misled about him in this matter I'm ready to apologize.

Will see...

As for you @gothrek you left the game ? :( ah banned... sorry to hear that

Edited by jaquari

I have had Jamel and Ginette as neighbours since 2013 

Never had any bad word to say about these two 

They are really nice people both of them, so this you post here sounds like someone else 

Did you talk to Jamel ?

And sry to say but since ages times ....deed it or loose it .....not easy to live without deed 

@MaiyaI didn't try now as I was making multiple attempts when Jamel was doing rounds close to my deed perimeter, probably doing some archeology, but I've never got response, I was completely ignored so I've stopped and done some research about him in my alliance as I wanted to know who he is and what to expect from him. I've got not so positive feedback then, so now when I've heard that he was seen around the mine that was taken over I've did not even bother trying to contact him considering previous attempts.

If I'm mistaken then big apologies for Jamel. I've got really angry for such behavior when somebody breaks and deeds a place knowing that this was somebody's place, not abandoned.

I hear you Maiya about the "deed it or loose it" but from my point of view this is not the way... I've started playing when you could get banned for bashing and stealing from someone enclosed area and that was a good rule. Now we are powerless against destructive behavior. Yeah, I could deed everything and be called greedy, taking every mine, every resource but I'm a nice person and I do not want to take everything for myself, I like to help and share with people... but I hate impudence and lack of respect to other people work and feelings.

Main reason of my fury is the one called Surigx, even if not deeded the buildings should be respected, if not this is a pure malice. I would forgive a new player, but not a old one that should be more reasonable.

4 hours ago, jaquari said:

@MaiyaI didn't try now as I was making multiple attempts when Jamel was doing rounds close to my deed perimeter, probably doing some archeology, but I've never got response, I was completely ignored so I've stopped and done some research about him in my alliance as I wanted to know who he is and what to expect from him. I've got not so positive feedback then, so now when I've heard that he was seen around the mine that was taken over I've did not even bother trying to contact him considering previous attempts.

If I'm mistaken then big apologies for Jamel. I've got really angry for such behavior when somebody breaks and deeds a place knowing that this was somebody's place, not abandoned.

I hear you Maiya about the "deed it or loose it" but from my point of view this is not the way... I've started playing when you could get banned for bashing and stealing from someone enclosed area and that was a good rule. Now we are powerless against destructive behavior. Yeah, I could deed everything and be called greedy, taking every mine, every resource but I'm a nice person and I do not want to take everything for myself, I like to help and share with people... but I hate impudence and lack of respect to other people work and feelings.

Main reason of my fury is the one called Surigx, even if not deeded the buildings should be respected, if not this is a pure malice. I would forgive a new player, but not a old one that should be more reasonable.

Dont worry you wasnt ignored by Jamel, he proberly was busy with something and didnt look in local  it happend to me as well :) 

Wonder why your alliance have bad to say about him? 

I understand you feel bad about what happend to you but sry to say free land is free land,  we are many that had it happend to us .

Today we need to nail down stuff we dont want to see get legs. 

I got no clue to who Surigx is, but maybe new, Ive been on NFI since they opend and only log on my deed to check my animals on Indy now and then.

Gothrec  you leaving wurm again ?

What if I offer an alternative explanation?  You own a massive deed (79x35?  something like that I think) that you plopped down right on top of a public arboretum.  After deeding, you immediately proceeded to build a few things on deed and also a bunch of stuff off deed.  You could easily have built everything on your deed.  The area you're talking about that you claimed as your little mine contained what appears to be the result of the previous owner's use of maybe 8 rods of transmutation, so I can see why you're so upset by this having been deeded over.  But if you were really such a nice guy, after you broke into the enclosure that was previously there (didn't you mention you used to play when the enclosure rules were live?) and broke into the mine, you could have made it public.  Obviously that wasn't something you were really interested in doing, because you didn't do it.  So yeah, its been deeded over, which is absolutely not against the rules, though I fully agree with you that its unfriendly, and displays poor manners.  However, the way you responded to it was actually against the ToS.... You built fences all around the access points to the deed I dropped over the mine, completely blocking *my* access to *my* deed, in violation of "A ) You may not block access to deeds, merchants, or structures not belonging to you." under the griefing rules.

In terms of your accusations about destroying your stuff, making a mess, and digging in your perimeter...  Can people make a mess on your deed or destroy stuff on your deed?  I'm not sure if you're worried that I *could* dig on your perimeter, or complaining that someone has already done it.  From what I can tell nobody has done that to you, or at least nowhere near the highway that runs by.  Truth be told, I was tempted to dig a moat around your deed just to send a message to you.  I suppose if some digging did already happen, you must have aggravated more players in your neighborhood than just me because I opted to deed over your mine instead of spending hours digging dirt you could easily drop back down in mere minutes.

You are the newest member of our little neighborhood, having established your deed after all your neighbors, and you have consistently acted as if the rest of us are intruding on *your* areas even though much of the area you seem to want to claim is not on your deed.  Do you think you own everything that falls in your Local range?  Yeah, I'm not sorry for deeding over the mine that you considered to be yours.  You should have deeded it or made it public access, and tried to not be a jerk to your neighbors.

Edited by Surigx
  • Like 1

First of all Hi@Surigx, nice to finally meet you. 

I own a deed - yes, massive ? I've seen a lot bigger. I've not "plopped down right on top of a public arboretum", I've extended recently as two of my neighbors started expanding on the public arboretum and I've got a bit angry, as for many months I've tried to maintain the public arboretum so it would be public and available to all. I've even started building there a viewing point tower, but lack of time made progress slow. Also this tower in center had additional purpose to block anyone from putting a deed there and keep it public. I've just did not consider my neighbors expansion as they were not playing to much. But they did what they did, I've expanded to save the rest of the arboretum for the time being.

Additionally to my off-deed building - I'm building a public inn for passing travelers. Also it takes time which I don't have much currently because of some deadlines at work.

Ok now back to you... I'm upset that you broke into and deeded the place not even trying to talk with me. I've put additional fences as there were my buildings and you broke my fences so I've put a new ones, I've just reacted to your behavior. Maybe to much - it was second situation after arboretum been taken over so I've overreacted - true.

For the more - I did not break into the enclosure, all those fences were mine, except one gate that was decaying very slowly. I've peacefully waited till this place will start falling apart, when no one was coming back I've enclosed this space and started using this mine - it is small and quiet like I like it, nothing spawns there so you can be safe to. 

Surgix I'm not the newest member :) I've started playing back in 2011 and my first deed was in place of Stormie Gardens. I had a couple of years break from Wurm and got back in 2020.

I'm not a Red Cross to deed something and make it public, but I have faith in community, or maybe I had...

As for digging perimeter it was a story about someone else, not my own. I've just mentioned this as and act of impudence of other players... and you see if you would talk to me earlier you would know that I've tried to maintain public arboretum for almost a half year back, why I've expanded currently and what my plans are. Also we could work it out with the mine and place for your deed. I could even take down the outpost building that was there to block someone trying to deed this place, but you had to do it in your unfriendly way. Maybe we both overreacted, but you did not know the facts. I've talked to both neighbors that built over public arboretum and reasoned with them as I do not want enemies or toxic neighborhood. And then you shoved up...

To many wrong assumptions Surigix.

Edited by jaquari

I disagree.  It's not at all nice to meet you.  I didn't want to talk to you in the first place, which is why I chose the actions that I chose.  I wouldn't be talking to you now if the ticket that I submitted days ago had resulted in you being directed to remove the fences you placed around my deed.  I think I pointed out previously that what you're doing in blocking my access to my deed is against the rules.  After I posted that, you went back and replaced the fences that I had broken to regain access to my deed and dropped a sign directing me to "talk to you like a normal person".  I don't think you get to demand that I speak to you to have access to my deed, and I think you already know that based on your reply here.  We have ignored each other for many months in local, and all of a sudden you NEED to talk to me?  I don't think so.  You're just using a desire to talk to me as a very thin excuse to justify continuing to knowingly break the rules.

Jaquari owns the deed Brotherland, I founded the deed Minton and transfered it to an alt named Faloofaloof.  Both deeds are located around 27x 32y on the Albia roadmap. 

The ticket I submitted was sent in from Faloofaloof since he's the owner of the Minton deed.

• Like 1

@Surigx your answer right now told everything about you and your approach and respect to other players. 

20 minutes ago, Surigx said:

We have ignored each other for many months in local, and all of a sudden you NEED to talk to me?  I don't think so.  You're just using a desire to talk to me as a very thin excuse to justify continuing to knowingly break the rules.

I did not notice you on local, also you didn't get in my way earlier so I don't know what is your problem. I was hoping for a conversation before you chose the actions that you chose. Yes maybe I broke the rules and you did not... but I had a reason to be angry and I have clear conscience... and you...

@MaiyaI think I have nothing more to add... Mr. Surigx told us clearly what were his intentions and what is his attitude...

My place is at the red circle and his so called "deed" at yellow circle - just by Maple Lane on Indy

HekWFVRnRTSdp78rC36Rgw.jpg

• Like 1

ty both  I thought you was much closer to my place since you mention Jamel  :)

but I see now you are more north of  me, I got  Inner Sea Sanctuary   and Weed Control south of you both  

Oh, I didn't know you were at Inner Sea Sanctuary, I love your deed!  I was hoping that whomever owned that deed would come back rather than the deed decaying away, its so nice it'd be a shame for it to go away.  I'm glad you still log in to tend the animals, I like seeing the champ deer hanging out there

hehe ty :) 

yah I like it too and ofcourse my animals so have to log in and check them now and then while im on Cadence playing .)

@Surigxdon't force yourself trying to be nice and friendly now :) You've probably checked all the feces in Inner Sea Sanctuary, is it impossible to break in somewhere, admit it :D

Ok, end of malice, thanks Maiya for the interest, I'm also impressed with your creativity in deed planning :) Hope seeing you someday in game.

I have had Jamel come to my deed the past two days in a row and shout profanities over my fence. He is mad that Gothrek is banned and thinks somehow i am the culprit. I am trying to play this game with my friend who i care for who has extreme autism, he is constantly worried about jamel coming and behaving the way he does. I have been exploring the area since it has changed to much this year and i get constant PM's from Jamel to STAY AWAY from his deed. I have recordings and screenshots of all of this. This is supposed to be a game of peace and fun.

is this neighbourhood like the detroit of wurm or something sounds like a warzone

• Like 14

@Maiyawhat a coincidence look at the screenshots, this was a public mine just by my deed, the small sign was put by me last time that this is a public mine, please do not put the door :) 

now "someone" has put a deed on the hill, just to put a door and block the entrance :) all in accordance with the rules... I know :) crazy things happen lately in my neighborhood 

@Surigxyou aren't related with Boston/Babelfishy by accident do you ? I see some similarities you know.

uqE9OuOcSna2Wt5AhOfcCg.jpg

s1bCZgEoRG_Sc3WKQNhgJw.png

Edited by jaquari

""This is supposed to be a game of peace and fun

herrg  ....after your visit   

<Gothrek> Herr ...have you meaby found a champion bear?
<Herrgunther> no my friend i have not                                   " myyy Frieeend ....how sweet

<Herrgunther> this truly is gods country gothrek

<Gothrek> Its Old Halcyon

you came back 3 at  night and bashed fances to take my  horses .......is this in your understanding  having fun in peace......lol....... stealing aproved by your own and  game standards

seeing your deed chopped in the area of public arboretum speaks for itself 

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"""@gothrek I've heard this story too, but from different point of view from the Yabba owner.

different point of view?!

like being  a supreme being sure isnt easy .....muahahaha.....cant ask if i can offer him a horse.....need to take it!  like a true Mastah" .....can do whatever he wants if he is following game rules ? sure ...plz be my guest . 

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

need to delete forum account aswell.... and leave Sweden.......   redhair doesnt hame you a danish....... big head doesnt make you smart.......

tending pumpkin , shooting bow and fishing herring in rl..

gl hf

• Like 1

Since you both have tickets in, I suggest ya'll leave it to the GMs to sort out any griefing accusations. Posting this kind of stuff on the forums doesn't help resolve any issues and only serves to make involved parties look silly. If you insist on discussing it on the forums, I would suggest forum PM, but it sounds like Surgix doesn't want to talk about it. 

Best to just leave the issue alone until a GM can give a recommendation about what to do.

• Like 4

@fencejumpersadly like Mayia said Game Masters cannot do to much in this case, rules does not forbid being an deep dark black hole in the down parts of the celestial body.

I think that if we all sit silent and let such players behave like this one day only those few players will be only inhabitants of the Wurm severs. 

Wurm has multiple good sides, but big downside is helplessness against such toxic behavior.

Now instead of relaxing after work I log in and see another malicious move like the in previous post that another mine has been closed and deeded just to prevent access - because he can.

I have a deep desire to take down my deed, pack up and leave Wurm again... one thing keeping me right now here is that I don't want to give him satisfaction. Let him deed everything around, I don't care, more money for the Wurm team.

Edited by jaquari

I don't see anything that indicates a GM will not get involved, I stand by my position of letting the GMs investigate and decide an outcome on their own. It's important to keep in mind that while some staff want to help, it's up to the Game Masters to decide what's fair and what's in the best interest of the community.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HerrG said:

I have had Jamel come to my deed the past two days in a row and shout profanities over my fence. He is mad that Gothrek is banned and thinks somehow i am the culprit. I am trying to play this game with my friend who i care for who has extreme autism, he is constantly worried about jamel coming and behaving the way he does. I have been exploring the area since it has changed to much this year and i get constant PM's from Jamel to STAY AWAY from his deed. I have recordings and screenshots of all of this. This is supposed to be a game of peace and fun.

Have your friend ingame do an /ignore Jamel .  I'd highly recommend this as none of Jamel's text communications would then be visible to your friend in Local or ingame channels.

Edited by Tristanc
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, gothrek said:

you came back 3 at  night and bashed fances to take my  horses .......is this in your understanding  having fun in peace......lol....... stealing aproved by your own and  game standards

seeing your deed chopped in the area of public arboretum speaks for itself

i didn't take your horses, any horse i have i found wandering or bred myself, perhaps you should show some situational awareness when trying to hoard your crap off-deed. Lots of people pass through this area.

My deed has been here much longer than the "public" arboretum, no one contacted me about building the arboretum next to my deed?

How come you were banned btw? Couldn't imagine it was because of your mouth LOL

10 hours ago, Tristanc said:

Have your friend ingame do an /ignore Jamel .  I'd highly recommend this as none of Jamel's text communications would then be visible to your friend in Local or ingame channels.

Cheers for that. It's a shame these old players get a free pass to run their mouths as they please with no repercussions.