Sign in to follow this  
Quellix

Memory leak

today, Ive found Wurm online used total of 55GB of ram compared to 4-8GB from normal usage, after investigating this happens after i close down the game it leaves 1 "Java Chromium Embeddfed framework (JCEF) Helper" on, not 100% of the time.

This is via the steam version ive have most issues with this paticular memory leak, also according to steam even after ive hit "Quit game" steam still counts it as running and you cannot "stop" the game, you must then  find "Java Chromium Embeddfed framework (JCEF) Helper" in task manager and kill its progress. This is not always the obvious solution.

I'm seeing this regularly, the jcef_helper.exe remains even when closing all clients and consumes dozens of gigabytes of memory, continously growing and slowing down the system eventually when it exceeds available memory. I suspect it is connected to the random client crashes (having several of those per day) and may be a leftover browser process from a crashed client, instead of terminating together with the client.

Hey Qeullix, this has already been confirmed as a bug here:

• Like 1

Hah, i was looking for posts about "Memory Leaks" before... Haha, Feel free to close