Sign in to follow this  
Gillie

Question about Blueberry Bushes

Hello I have a question. I have planted some Blueberry bushes and there all slowly changing to Blue flowers? Is this a game mechanic I was unaware of or a bug? I am honestly just confused about why my bushes are flowers now. Any input on this would be super helpful!

Are the bushes planted on deed or off? Might be someone cutting them if off deed. Try to track the tiles if recent enough. 

5 minutes ago, neopherus said:

Are the bushes planted on deed or off? Might be someone cutting them if off deed. Try to track the tiles if recent enough. 

They are off deed and when I tracked it just showed Donkeys were there. It just seems silly if someone cut them down and plant blue flowers in there place. None of my other garden area or bushes or trees I've planted in this same area changed. Its just the blueberry bushes. 

Bushes won't change to flowers unless someone cut them down and flowers grew in the open grass that remained.

I've no idea why, but it would appear that someone in your area doesn't like blueberries.

Try planting a bunch of blueberry bushes on your deed near there and see if that makes a difference in what happens to them.

Do you remember what age the blueberry bushes were the last you'd seen of them before they disappeared into blue flowers?

13 hours ago, Tristanc said:

Bushes won't change to flowers unless someone cut them down and flowers grew in the open grass that remained.

I've no idea why, but it would appear that someone in your area doesn't like blueberries.

Try planting a bunch of blueberry bushes on your deed near there and see if that makes a difference in what happens to them.

Do you remember what age the blueberry bushes were the last you'd seen of them before they disappeared into blue flowers?

They are all different ages at the moment.  Some were young that turned and others were mature.  

I currently don't have a deed so  I can't test that out. I'm currently trying to find more sprouts via foraging to replant. 

I'm not upset over this at all was just more curious! If it keeps happening might just plant something else here. Thanks for the help!

The real questions here are as follows:

1. You don't own a deed, is the area you're planting them near other players, and could they be chopping them down?

2. is the area you have these planted inside a fence or area other players can get too?

Update: I have just concluded it is the Donkeys I have in the pen with these bushes. The Donkeys seem to be eating them because they are piling up on the tiles with the bushes over the farm land. Then once they have eaten everything up the turn in to grass tiles. So long story short don't have Donkeys with bushes sadly.  A picture of the Donkeys enjoying themselves bushes and a few that have already went poof https://imgur.com/c44HThH

Not sure if you knew or not, but grazing animals can't feed themselves by grazing on grass tiles that have bushes or trees.  Bush and tree tiles can't be grazed.

Now if the Animal Update changed something so that grazing animals can 'harvest' fruit/nuts/berries from trees or bushes, or eat the bushes/trees themselves, it'd be a surprise as no information was given about such a change.

5 hours ago, Tristanc said:

Not sure if you knew or not, but grazing animals can't feed themselves by grazing on grass tiles that have bushes or trees.  Bush and tree tiles can't be grazed.

Now if the Animal Update changed something so that grazing animals can 'harvest' fruit/nuts/berries from trees or bushes, or eat the bushes/trees themselves, it'd be a surprise as no information was given about such a change.

Hmmm well the Donkeys have always bundled up on my bush tiles like it is in the picture before they go poof. They have started to eat my Raspberry bushes now. They are starting to go missing as well.