Sign in to follow this  
Elrohiir

Minimum skill for creating Hay Bundles

[18:58:38] <Conatas> (Cad) has anyone seen a minimum skill for hay bundles?

[19:24:56] <Conatas> (Cad) ok hay bundle went from Red you can't make, to 6% at 10 thatching skill

[19:25:30] <Conatas> (Cad) 28Q hay 20q string

Tried on a skill 1 Thatching alt with 90+ ql hay and string, impossible. Just to be sure that there actually is a minimum skill level creating Hay Bundles.

• Like 1

54.39 thatching, 86 ql hay , 66 ql string = 64 % creation chance 

Creation chance is determined by the string. We can check this by looking at crafting recipes, starting items: string is listed first.

Running those numbers through https://www.dreamsleeve.org/wurm/grinder/  and the fixed bonus (channeling) simulation points at 50 difficulty item.  The 10 thatching and 20 ql string for 6% chance would be a good reference point. As opposed to telling some they need 6 skill and a 99 ql string, that isn't very helpful.

Normally the second item listed, in this case hay, in crafting recipes>starting items acts as a hard ql cap.  I don't have sample data to verify if this is true here.

• Like 2

i edited it to: "There is a 6% creation chance at 10 thatching skill with 20ql string"

like @ogare said, the most important info is the minimum skill with low ql materials that allows you to make it.

Edited by Tpikol

sorry but i removed the any useful information from the hay bundle page, to make it fit the official wiki policy.