Sign in to follow this  
Khevn

Help with setting optimization.

Hello everyone.

I'm looking forward to joining the game. how ever, my game is running in unplayable FPS. I tried setting everything in minimal in both graphic and advanced graphics menu, disabled anti aliasing, and the frame rate went only from 2 FPS to max 13.
I suppose that for a game quite old already and with simplistic graphics would be no problem, so I hope I'm doing something wrong in the settings.

It doesnt help too much that my pc specs are not that good either.
no GPU

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz   3.30 GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong subforum, it is my first time here.

I would be thankful for any help.

I would say this game probably will not run on your computer. While it is an older game, it has been updated a lot recently. I’d say that not having a gpu is pretty much a deal breaker for any 3D rendered world, especially for a game where the players can place tons of objects all over the place.

• Like 1

Do a search in the forum for graphics settings recommended for using Intel graphics.  There are some specific settings that help for those on older or lesser devices that don't have a modern GPU. I know, as that's what I had to use until a little over a year ago.

The one setting I recall that makes a big difference is disabling GLSL compatibility (not just the middle setting which was recommended to me).  Yes, there were a couple game features, such as 'placing', that were made no longer available by that setting, but I was forced to use it by my computer's hardware.

Right now most players use a modern UI client.  I'm not sure if that even supports that setting as an option, but you could check.  It's possible it's the only option available for Steam client players.

If you're using the standalone client, look for the version that lets you choose between the default, test, or old UI and select the old UI.  You're a new player, so searching for/finding the different client choices might be a difficulty, but it's your lack of a GPU that's causing you the problems I believe, not RAM or CPU.

• Like 1