Sign in to follow this  
Vorticella

Allow sermon listeners to be seated

There are lots of lovely churches around, with nice seating areas for people attending sermons. The problem is, when actually holding a sermon it's necessary to make sure nobody uses the seats or else they won't count as valid listeners. Why is that? If it's just some kind of oversight, maybe it can be changed?

Edited by Vorticella
  • Like 5

Wasn't aware that was a thing. I dread to think how much faith xp was lost because of this.

More of a server bug.

This was added specifically to allow church roleplaying so if its not working then it should be a bug report

When we held our last sermon sessions, almost all participants were sitting. And all of them counted as valid listeners. 

So, if it really is not working anymore, this must be a rather recent issue. Are you sure there were no other reasons? 

8 hours ago, SmeJack said:

This was added specifically to allow church roleplaying so if its not working then it should be a bug report

Oh, that's great news! When was that changed? Do you know if this was changed for vehicles as well or just furniture? I'm sure we had a listener not count at one point because they were sitting on a cart.

7 hours ago, Yaga said:

When we held our last sermon sessions, almost all participants were sitting. And all of them counted as valid listeners. 

So, if it really is not working anymore, this must be a rather recent issue. Are you sure there were no other reasons? 

We haven't tested it specifically since it seems to be a commonly known thing and also appears on the wiki. The DRF impalong building was intentionally designed without any seating to make sure as many people counted for sermons as possible. It's great to know this was changed! Sounds like the wiki needs to be updated. On the sermon page it says  "A valid listener is a premium player of the same kingdom and of any religion, who is within 4 tiles of the one giving the sermon (being mounted or on foot within this distance does not matter; being embarked on any type of vehicle, cart or any type of furniture, however, invalidates the listener)."

Im not sure was a few years I thought, not much time to look but haven't been able to find the thread I can see the picture in my mind and am sure it was put in just before an impalong, it may have gone the same way the information about piers went 😛

1 hour ago, Vorticella said:

We haven't tested it specifically since it seems to be a commonly known thing and also appears on the wiki

I remember well: Our sermon group definitely tested it with furniture. Not quite sure about vehicles. 

tnLJo4c.jpg

Thanks! I made a suggestion in the Wurmpedia section to update that page :)

I am quite sure that vehicles won't work. And I consider that a good idea as vehicles obstructing views are a pain (hate them already during rift combat :) ) .

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the code distinguishes between vehicles and furniture.

Carts do not count as furniture and invalidate listeners.

You EMBARK on a cart, even as a passenger. You never SIT on a cart.

You are not classified as a passenger or driver when sitting on a stool/chair.

Thus, you are a valid listener.