Sign in to follow this  
Roysta

Branded Hitched Hell Horse attacks

Hi,

I've been hitching a branded Hell Horse to a hitching post on an enchanted grass tile.

To do so, i used to tame the hell horse, un-tame it, and hitch it. 

The horse's colour would turn blue, and it would stay hitched and non aggressive, so you can just walk by, and so can my alts.

Now this is not working anymore, the hell horse becomes aggressive / stays aggressive.

Hence when I want to unhitch it, I can't because it is attacking me.

Regards,

Roy

its not so much a bug, as with this last AH update, they changed the way that animals eat out of hitching posts.

Before, having a hitched hell horse to a hitching post, it would be docile while there is food in the hitching post. The hell horse would not eat the food because it was eating the enchanted grass, thus the food stayed in the hitching post keeping the hell horse docile.

They have changed it so that the animals now eat out of the hitching post FIRST, so they eat all the food out of the hitching post and then become aggressive because the food is gone. They won't starve because they still eat the enchanted grass, but because the food is gone from the hitching post they attack.

This is a change that I believe should be changed back, as it removes the QOL from people using hell horses on hitching posts.

Being branded, or tame or charmed does not effect this. Once the animal is no longer tame it is going to go aggressive unless you keep food in the hitching post. 

Also not sure if you were aware or not, but hell horses don't have to be tamed to hitched.....so if they were "Blue" because you tamed them and they would stay blue once on the hitching post and not go "Red" even if food was gone...that would be a bug, as they are only supposed to be blue as long as there is food in the hitching post.

Hope this makes sense :)

• Like 2

I have never had any food inside the hitching post at all.

But I have found now, once I have put food inside, that the hell horse stays 'blue' as long as there is food inside. Which should not be necessary as the hitching post is on an enchanted grass tile.

This hitching post is inside my house, and I simply don't want the hell horse to walk around freely, but stay in it's corner.

As said above, when I used to hitch my 'red' aggressive hell horse to the hitching post, it would stay aggressive, only by taming and then un-taming it, and hitching it right away after the un-taming, it would become 'blue' non aggressive.

Regards,

Roy

This might have been looked into with latest patch.

My hell horse stays 'blue' , friendly, now, and doesn't seem to eat no more meat out of the hitching post anymore at all.