Sign in to follow this  
Homestead

Animals Younger Than Venerable Dying

Had two horses die yesterday. 

First one was an adolescent (second stage, pretty sure), do not remember sex. 

Second was a mature male. Heard the death scream for this one.

Penned. Entire pen is enchanted grass. "The tile per creature ratio of this deed is 16.827587. Optimal is 15.0 or more. This is a good figure."

Starting topic after others in CA Help have said they are experience similar deaths.

Edited by Homestead
Added information

Came on today and found my Bison dead. I had left her hitched to my cart with a horse (horse is venerable but cared for). They were both within a locked fence area (each standing on their own tile). She was on deed. She was a strong fat healthy old bison (not pregnant). Not certain what other info will help. She was not branded. 

I too have had some dead.  Mine were venerable 5spd breeder pairs, cared for, branded, and in a pen entirely made of enchanted grass.  The few I have left are no longer cared for, I don't know why they became uncared for.  I did not issu the stop caring command.

I got lucky and re-cared for the few I have left else I'd have no horses at all 😕

1 hour ago, Nomadikhan said:

I too have had some dead.  Mine were venerable 5spd breeder pairs, cared for, branded, and in a pen entirely made of enchanted grass.  The few I have left are no longer cared for, I don't know why they became uncared for.  I did not issu the stop caring command.

I got lucky and re-cared for the few I have left else I'd have no horses at all 😕

The cared for horse that died should have had the reason for it in the body's name happen to know the reason it listed for them dying?

My horse just died too, it was aged, cared for and fed. It was tamed so it logged out with me, when I logged back in - it died. It didnt get into a fight with anything - I had my priest online in that location, it wasnt diseased either. It was in a cave so I suppose after I logged in it suffocated in the rock or something? No idea...

[14:51:20] Your pet is nowhere to be found. It may have died of old age.

glOW29Q.png

Another aged, fat, non-diseased horse dead for no reason I can find (not cared for, so it doesn't show a reason either).

Enchanted grass in a pen, deed is fine.

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update
  • Like 2

And another one, my fifth to die, but for the first time, this one did not have the extremely sick trait.

Young horse, on enchanted grass, inside a donut house.

VSl0Mo1.jpg

had 3-4 of these as well, maybe one of them was diseased, but not the others and they die at young age

Edited by Finnn

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update

I dont think its related to the enchanted grass, i have horses on several servers and none have died

I also agree that it is probably not enchanted grass. I have dozens of enchanted tiles with 100+ animals and I've had none die, though I have very few young animals currently, so if the issue is that the animals are young...maybe it is an age thing, most my animals are at Aged thru Ven.

Ok. Just now found a dead cow. On Indy server. On deed, Cornersville. Inside locked pen/fence gates. Old cow. [10:43:04] You get a corpse of old brown cow.

It was in a 1x2 area w/ enchanted grass tiles on both its tiles. When I butchered it, it had meat, so I don't think it starved to death. Something random killed this cow. It was not branded. Not cared for. Dead too young. I was saving this cow for a friend.

This worries me. I really hope you guys figure out what's killing these animals (and fix it) before something important dies.

I have had other animals I had locked inside locked fence gates for testing for when mobs escape underground. A few of those died, but I didn't keep track of them. I may look up that data in my log files later.

what would help us all would be the addition of a reason why they die. i know they had/have that on for horses that are cared for, cause of a horse killing bug a few years ago. being able to add a tick in profile to see that on PvE lands would be beneficial to figuring out this mess.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2021 at 4:55 PM, Tomatoes said:

on for horses that are cared for

I think today it's branded animals that show reason for death if u cursor over their carcass. Good idea, if they can do it. For me, I seldom brand farm animals. So they come and go on their own. Maybe they could make animals on deed that die, show cursor over 'reason for death'.

But when a cow dies too early (was old), this makes me wonder what happened there. It was not diseased, I don't think. Could have been disease, now that I think of it, since I move over that tile w/ other cows when breeding. But it did not share tiles w/ any other animals. Would a been nice to have a reason for death.

I will add to this; Cadence server. I've had young horses die randomly; not starvation and not likely disease as that is cared for with humid drizzle often - and ratio is not the problem. I have had other creatures on young age randomly die; neither of my deeds have any guards of sorts. Most of said creatures were of the young ages - Mature, Adolescent, or Young. All dead had meat on them, so not starvation. I have 2 alts.