Sidereal

Auntie Sid's Transmutation Hut, Dyeworks, and Carpet Bazaar

Would like an order for 1kg of Saddle Brown C.O.D to Tidda :D 🍋

Tidda 🍋

18 hours ago, hvergi said:

Hi, I'd like an order for the following dyes 1kg each

Special 12 pack of custom dyes sent to Hvergi - my color senses are tingling just wondering what that range of blues and all those contrast colors are going to get up to!

1 hour ago, Stryken said:

Would like an order for 1kg of Saddle Brown C.O.D to Tidda :D 🍋

This has been a popular request lately.  1kg Saddle Brown - just mixed up lemony fresh and sent to Tidda!

Given that the Transmutation Hut is in the middle of processing a private request of some size and that the Friendship Bay Summer Impalong starts tomorrow, new orders may see a slight delay this week - but we always look forward to helping you imbue some special tools, transform a few tiles, and add little color to your little corner of Wurm.

Edited by Sidereal

For testing on house walls, can you sell me 3 x 1 kg of 3 different shades of white dye, like the "pure white" and the 2 next ones?

Send to Cista (not CistaCista).

Or, have any advise on painting rendered walls white? 

Edited by CistaCista

Can I order 1kg of Washed Grey. Sent C.O.D to Tidda 

(And no rush I know impalong is going on) Thanks so much! I love all the colors I have gotten so far 

Tidda 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CistaCista said:

Or, have any advise on painting rendered walls white? 

xrtcV3B.png

Ages ago, I re-did every single fence in the pasture area as a rendered fence wanting lovely whitewashed rendered fences only to discover that white dye is really only good for light sources.  I don't have any great suggestions for the effect you're probably hoping to achieve.  The further away from RGB 255/255/255 a dye is, the more visible the color - that's the hard truth.  Some of the lighter colors might be a fit for the effect you're trying to achieve - but it's a tough call.  I'll PM you and we can try to work out with some testers to see if we can get close to what you're looking for.

XjYAXCf.png

8 hours ago, Stryken said:

Can I order 1kg of Washed Grey. Sent C.O.D to Tidda 

Sent!  1kg orders are easy peasy.  Glad you're loving the colors so far!

Hi!

I loved the Indigo you sent over so much that I would like to order 1.5kg more to dye a Sail to match my new armor lol. Send C.O.D to Tidda. 

Thanks so much!!!

-Tidda 

Would like to order 2 kg of Indigo :) Best dye I've ever seen. Send C.O.D to Potion 

-Potion 

I would like 2 kg each of hot pink and plum please! in addition to the blue we have discussed :)

TY ❤️

On 7/22/2021 at 6:01 PM, Stryken said:

I loved the Indigo you sent over so much that I would like to order 1.5kg more to dye a Sail to match my new armor lol. Send C.O.D to Tidda. 

Sent on 7/23- I hope it looks amazing on your sail!

On 7/27/2021 at 5:56 PM, Potion said:

Would like to order 2 kg of Indigo :) Best dye I've ever seen. Send C.O.D to Potion 

Sent tonight - there's a reason this is my new favorite shade.  I still can't get over how amazing it made your armor look at the Friendship Bay Impalong this past weekend!

5 hours ago, Goldfinch said:

I would like 2 kg each of hot pink and plum please! in addition to the blue we have discussed :)

All three colors: mixed and sent tonight!

At this point, I believe Auntie Sid's Transmutation Hut & Dyeworks is all caught up on both public and private orders.  Thank you for coming to ol' Auntie Sid for your dye, imbue, and transmutation needs.

If you've been extra happy with any particular dye combinations, transmutation experiences, or imbue services, I always invite all y'all to celebrate it here with the rest of us. :D

Edited by Sidereal

Do you have an example of how fire brick would look on a wooden wall? 

5 hours ago, LadyCygnet said:

Do you have an example of how fire brick would look on a wooden wall? 

Now that you've given me an excuse to do so, yes!

Fire Brick on the left, natural wall on the right:
EQRxGmi.png

Which is to say:  walls are remarkably tricky to dye and almost never turn out the way we expect.  Red shades tend to look particularly sketchy - looking much more pink than red.  I thought Fire Brick might be a good choice given it's a darker color, but it's less effective than I hoped it would be.  Some of the darker browns really enhance the wood tones (special thanks to @Acacianimonfor boldly exploring this very topic) - but for walls, the dye acts more as a tone on the graphics texture than an actual coat of paint.

I struggled with this mightily during the Creative Constructs competition - wanting to make a classic barn with the familiar coat of red paint, but was unable to come up with a solution. :(

• Like 1

My dear my darling. . . . .I am feeling dangerously UNGOLDEN today as I see my stock of Gold dye dwindling rapidly! EEEEK!

Please oh please mix me some luscious 250/238/6 or even 249/247/6 . . somewhere in there so i can feel safe again :D

ill take 6 kg!

Ty ❤️

I would like to order 3kg Dodger Blue C.O.D to Peach 

Thanks so much! 

I would like to order 5kg of Indigo C.O.D to Potion

Thank You!

Orders away!
6kg Goldfinch Gold (250/238/6) sent to the one, the only, the irrepressible Goldfinch (sent on Sun Aug 01)
3kg Dodger Blue sent to Peach
5kg Indigo sent to Potion  (still my favorite shade - I do hope this is destined for a sailboat hull!)

Edited by Sidereal

7BczXO0.png

For mine own sailboat has an Indigo hull and I love the look.  :D

Edited by Sidereal

1 hour ago, Sidereal said:

7BczXO0.png

For mine own sailboat has an Indigo hull and I love the look.  :D

Looks so good!!!!

I would like to order 10kg Indigo. I got the 5kg, thank you so much! Haha I didn't realize that a cart takes 15kg 🤦‍♀️   C.O.D to Potion 

(INDIGO IS THE BEST COLOR BY THE WAY!!! And Peach but the Dodger blue on his armor and it's Beautiful!)

Potion/Tidda 🍋

• Like 1

An additional 10kg of Indigo sent to Potion!  And I hope your cart looks fabulous!

On 7/31/2021 at 2:32 AM, Sidereal said:

Now that you've given me an excuse to do so, yes!

Fire Brick on the left, natural wall on the right:
EQRxGmi.png

Which is to say:  walls are remarkably tricky to dye and almost never turn out the way we expect.  Red shades tend to look particularly sketchy - looking much more pink than red.  I thought Fire Brick might be a good choice given it's a darker color, but it's less effective than I hoped it would be.  Some of the darker browns really enhance the wood tones (special thanks to @Acacianimonfor boldly exploring this very topic) - but for walls, the dye acts more as a tone on the graphics texture than an actual coat of paint.

I struggled with this mightily during the Creative Constructs competition - wanting to make a classic barn with the familiar coat of red paint, but was unable to come up with a solution. :(

Thank you for the demonstration. Would dyes look more true to their color on another material, such as marble? 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 8:58 AM, LadyCygnet said:

Thank you for the demonstration. Would dyes look more true to their color on another material, such as marble? 

Another great question!  And a reminder that I need to make time to experiment with dying walls to be able to have better advice in this matter.  In short, red dyes look better on marble:

mjlD98j.png

That's Ruby Red on the left, Fire Brick in the middle, and regular marble walls everywhere else - so we definitely see the full color come out when tinting the white marble wall.

• Like 1

Hi Sid,

I'd like to try an order of say 5kg of whatever shade of gold you think works best on cloth please. I have had gold from several different  makers over the years, and of course it always looks different depending on the material it's used on, so I'm good with everything now except some cloth items :)

Greetings,

Thank you for the last dye order, I was quite pleased. I have sent you a PM with another request.

Of the other dyes used, here is how the cedarwood sailboat turned out with Deep Blue Sea on and Powder Blue (IIRC) on the Sail.

The purple hue was not the expectation, but I actually like how it turned out better than what I had in mind.

The pictures make it look a bit dark, in good bright light it is a bit more vibrant, I named her the Violet Seas.

Violet Seas

Violet-Seas.jpg

Edited by Huserx
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Tilda said:

I'd like to try an order of say 5kg of whatever shade of gold you think works best on cloth please.

An initial color test for you @Tilda, and it really depends on what shade of gold you're hoping for on cloth - the brighter yellows that tend to look good as golds on things with textures (leather, wood, chain) but tend to be a little brighter on cloth since it tends to have a brighter base.  I've sent 5kg of Sunny Side Up, as I think that's the best I have on hand at the moment but I'm absolutely willing to experiment a bit more if you like.  I suspect cloth will look more golden as we head into more bronze/orange hues, but want to avoid going too far into the orange.  Since yellows and golds tend to be a bit pricier than other hues, please feel free to send that delivery back if it's not quite the hue you're looking for - I had it in stock from a previous order and want to make sure we're as close to your desired hue as possible. :)

@Huserx- the Violet Seas looks fantastic!  The push toward purple that the cedarwood provides is really nice - much closer to Indigo than I would have expected.  Thank you for posting the results!   (I will confess I love what Powder Blue does to the sails of a blue/violet-hued ship).  I should have your PM request finished up here in a moment. :D

• Like 1

Thanks Sid, will test it on banners and flags and see how it works, will let you know if it's not dark enough :)

• Like 1