Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 03/JUN/2021

Have you relogged since the update has hit? That should fix inspecting.

3 hours ago, Samool said:

The crashing on inspecting animals should be fixed now - the client didn't deploy in time before the servers came back up, but restarting the game should do the trick now.

Would be nice if the client update would download. Right now the update stops at some random point. Highest I've got is 46%

2 minutes ago, Ajala said:

Would be nice if the client update would download. Right now the update stops at some random point. Highest I've got is 46%

have you any character online atm ?

if so log them out and you can update 

5 minutes ago, Maiya said:

have you any character online atm ?

if so log them out and you can update 

I did not, but my problem has now been resolved with the assistance of an old friend.

ITCrow.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Animals will now travel a maximum of 5 tiles for food. Animals will only travel for food if inside an enclosure, or in range of an outdoor pet bowl.

So if you enclosure is  say 20x 10 you need multiple troughs?

5 hours ago, pepofaec said:

I'm just gonna ask what everyone else has been asking in GL and Freedom.
Why wasn't this released on the test server first? This is a dumpster fire.
Highways were tested on the test server as it was a major update. This is a major update.
What made anyone think after all these years of major updates having major issues that this wouldn't be the same?

Turns out, that it was up on the test server. Nobody thought it was important enough to mention. I'm not clear on how long it was up, probably not long enough to test the breeding itself.

Funnily enough some issues on the live release aren't on the test server when I tried to confirm it being up. A few are fixed now with this latest patch but the whole thing is pretty silly at this point.

30 minutes ago, ChampagneDragon said:

So if you enclosure is  say 20x 10 you need multiple troughs?

Even at much smaller sizes.... it's not being counted as an enclosure, and they won't look for them from what I am seeing.

I have a trough in my chicken pen and last night they were eating from it. I decided to check out the examine animal to see what its eating from and nothing was listed under the chickens.  I went and got a pet bowl and sure enough it showed on examine This creature is prioritizing eating out of a nearby pet bowl. After a bit of troubleshooting I determined the problem causing the chickens to not eat from the trough was because the trough by default on completion has a lock for permissions. Removed the lock and it shows up on animal examine again. I am guessing from todays patch on locked containers.

You either need to make animals eat from locked troughs or eliminate locks on creation.

I inspected my dog, says not hungry. As soon  as i filled  his pet bowl with meat he ate 6 pieces in a second. So, actualy,  you didn't fix anything except you wrote that you are.

1 hour ago, MarkSilard said:

I inspected my dog, says not hungry. As soon  as i filled  his pet bowl with meat he ate 6 pieces in a second. So, actualy,  you didn't fix anything except you wrote that you are.

The entire not hungry thing seems not to be working as far as I can tell, even animals left in packed pens with no food are showing not hungry, ,when they clearly are the moment you give them food.

• Like 1

Any chance of more information being provided as to what the maximum size is to be considered an enclosure / pen ? 

I've always preferred to try and keep my animals in paddock style enclosures, and even the smaller ones don't show as counting as pens with regard to feeding from containers. 

It's absolutely ridiculous how huge amount of food animals eat from bowls. It's a joke, not update...

I take it having enchanted grass is still the better option, yes?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, elentari said:

I take it having enchanted grass is still the better option, yes?

For grazers, yes. 

On 6/4/2021 at 12:12 AM, Delone said:

Any chance of more information being provided as to what the maximum size is to be considered an enclosure / pen ? 

I've always preferred to try and keep my animals in paddock style enclosures, and even the smaller ones don't show as counting as pens with regard to feeding from containers. 

Finally got the answer 😊 its 30 tiles

• Like 6

15 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Finally got the answer 😊 its 30 tiles

Thank you.

Next question, if an animal with the immortal trait also has the extremely sick trait, does it become undead/zombie if the hunger tick kills it?

This should be a thing 😜

Edited by Delone
  • Like 1

Quite a conundrum lol. Well, seeing as cared for creatures can still die from disease, damage and starvation (just not old age) I'd make sure to genesis that sick trait right out if possible :P On another note, I have a horse with both the constantly hungry AND the half as hungry trait.

21 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

I'd make sure to genesis that sick trait right out

How do this as bl please?

Also how does the slow metsbolism work because earing half as much doesnt make sense. A graze is a graze and a corn is a corn both fill in one. Eating half as often because of longer intetvals of being hungry makes more sense but isnt whats advertised.

That's why I said "if possible". And it makes the hunger go down half as quickly.

Sorry to say, but either fix the bad RNG or it's 100% necessary to add Genesis to Lib priests. You're basically putting an entire kingdom/religion as the underdog if they can't breed decent horses. Not cool, not good. 

17 hours ago, elentari said:

Sorry to say, but either fix the bad RNG or it's 100% necessary to add Genesis to Lib priests. You're basically putting an entire kingdom/religion as the underdog if they can't breed decent horses. Not cool, not good. 

From now on we will be riding zombie horses into battle

Just going to toss this out there.....

AH is flat out broken now.

4sp x 3sp + 1 draught, 65 AH, parents from completely different breeders, about as unrelated as it is possible to get:

[10:07:24] It has fleeter movement than normal. It looks very unmotivated. It is unusually strong-willed. It looks constantly hungry. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity. Dropped 2 matching in both parent speed traits, added 3 negative traits and an output trait. So much for breeding towards dominant trait pool.

While this is probably an extreme example, I have not found it unusual for foals to have less of the dominant pool traits than their parents, not more as would be expected if we are to believe what was stated.

A vast majority of foals are being born with at least 1, often more, negative traits.

Available points from AH are not being used, not one of dozens of foals used my available point totals, the closest being 5 points below my cap, and usually using negative trait points to even get this close.

Breeding timers are making 0 sense. After getting to 70 AH specifically for the ability to see breeding cooldown timers, they are completely broken showing seemingly random hours, often in the 100+ bracket when ready to breed.

The ONLY animal I inspected that showed ready to breed was one that had just been bred and was not able to be bred.

Male horses which should have a maximum time till ready of 1 hour, showing times over 100 hours.

Horses that on examine say "[11:01:56] You can breed them again now.", but showing completely different hours when using the inspect window.

Horses showing as ready to breed on both examine and inspect: [11:06:59] The aged fat Goldrock '3s1d F (Dancedog' doesn't seem to be in the mood right now. (not hungry, was tested)

Hunrgry status showing as not hungry, no matter what. Animals on packed tiles, in pens, with no food source near and that will eat multiple times when fed, show not hungry.

2 out of 3 foals born with the extremely sick trait were dead by adolescent foal age. Not sure that I would describe that as "Has a very slim chance to pass away when it recieves a hunger tick" and would seem to indicate to me that Genesis is an absolute must for them.

Parentage male/female reversed in the inspect window.

Wild caught animals do not show up as parents in the inspect window.

I, and most of the other breeders I have spoken to in game, feel that not only has the AH update failed to address the problem of higher animal husbandry being a problem for breeding, but has actually gone even further in making it worse. This is speaking as somebody who has bred on old servers at 70+ AH levels, and while it was extremely hard work to develop matching parents in order to breed reliably for the outcome sought, it now looks to be a lost cause in getting matched parents (and even with those and the results being reported from matched parents elsewhere) the outcome of breeding them is losing the matching traits other than the dominant pool ones. 

Edited by Delone
Added info
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Delone said:

2 out of 3 foals born with the extremely sick trait were dead by adolescent foal age.

This explains the dead foals i found randomly around the pens, I failed to make this connection. So basically if I get a decent horse either drafter / speeder with this particular trait, I have to ask for EFS (Emergency Fo services) intervention asap.

So this update basically made fo's mandatory, not optional to breeding...cool.

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, elentari said:

This explains the dead foals i found randomly around the pens, I failed to make this connection. So basically if I get a decent horse either drafter / speeder with this particular trait, I have to ask for EFS (Emergency Fo services) intervention asap.

So this update basically made fo's mandatory, not optional to breeding...cool.

It's also possible that there is something else going on, people have been reporting animals dying in seemingly unrelated situations as well:

Animals Younger Than Venerable Dying - Server Bugs - Wurm Online Forum

• Like 1

I agree that the AH changes are completely botched when it comes to breeding. The question is, how can it be repaired.

• A first step would be to reduce the occurrence of negative traits to the pre change level, when negative traits on deed from healthy, non inbred parents inside the animals per tiles values were a rare occurrence, maybe 1 in 5 to 7 births.
  • Next, the probability of inheritance of traits from parents had to be raised to pre change levels.
  • Maybe, in addition, "output traits" should be confined to animals where output may matter, namely cows, sheep, pigs, to a reduced extent bisons.
  • Like 4

Sign in to follow this