Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 03/JUN/2021

• New: Added examine messages for creatures eating out of pet bowls and searching the area for food
    • Examining a creature in an enclosure will show what containers it will eat from.
  • Change: Changes to Inspect Animal
    • You can now use “Inspect animal” on any creature, as long as you have over 10 Animal Husbandry.
    • The window will now also show the gender of the animal, colour, and parent names.
  • Change: Horses are now much more likely to pass on the colour of one of their parents.
  • Change: Name of parents of a creature will not show their age in the name displayed on Examine or in Inspect Animal. This only applies to cases where the parents are dead or on another server.
  • Change: Creatures will now only eat out of selected containers
    • Current containers that creatures can eat from when in an enclosure: Feeding Trough, Hitching Post, Small Bucket, Pet Bowl, Pottery Bowl
    • Creatures not in an enclosure can eat from an outdoor pet bowl, but will not eat from the others listed above.
  • Change: Changes to Hay and Hay Production
    •  Hay item sizes are now 4x heavier
    •  Hay destruction in winter will be prevented
    •  Hay tiles becoming dirt tiles will be prevented
  • Bugfix: Animals should no longer be able to travel through doors when looking for food.
  • Bugfix: Animals should now, once again eat out of hitching posts when they are hitched.
  • Bugfix: Animals will no longer continue to eat out of containers after moving the container to inventory.
  • Bugfix: Animals will now travel a maximum of 5 tiles for food. Animals will only travel for food if inside an enclosure, or in range of an outdoor pet bowl.
  • Bugfix: Pet bowl fixes
    • Sell value of the item has been lowered
  • Bugfix: Sheep model will now properly update to “fluffy” when it becomes able to be shorn
  • Bugfix: Feeding containers will now show the correct model when empty
  • Bugfix: Fixed being unable to ted drying tile in high sloped areas.
    • Scything grass in sloped areas will produce mixed grass in the player’s inventory
  • Bugfix: Horses being led by the player should no longer eat food remotely.
  • Bugfix: Animals will now correctly return to their original position after eating food
  • Bugfix: Horses will no longer run away upon disembarking or unhitching them

Note: A few things were not fully implemented during the update and need a quick fix coming soon to get them working. These include:

• New: Added new titles for Soul Strength
  • New: Added new title for 100 skill in Natural Substances. Congrats Sidereal!
  • New: Icon for Hay
  • Bugfix: Pet Bowls can now be improved
  • Bugfix: Pet Bowls no longer stack into a pile when on the ground
  • Bugfix: Saddled animals will properly return to their original position after eating from a container

Client changes:

• Change: It’s now possible to copy selected text from the in-game Wurmpedia, through a context menu option or CTRL+C
  • Bugfix: Terrain slope will no longer affect Pet Bowl text.
  • Bugfix: UI textboxes will now close correctly and will not stay on screen if their parent window is closed

Note: To help speed up your skilling in animal husbandry, and to make up for the extended downtime with the last update,  5 hours of sleep bonus (up to a cap of 10 hours) will be added to every account with the maintenance restart on June 10th. Thank you all for your patience with us! 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

The window will now also show the gender of the animal, colour, and parent names.

God bless haha

33 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Horses are now much more likely to pass on the colour of one of their parents.

Oh dear. Who is taking bets that this went way overboard and you will never get another surprise coat in your herd again 😆

As always, thanks for all the efforts!

Edited by CistaCista

This line: "Creatures will now only eat out of selected containers"

So does this mean no more dropping food on the ground for the animals?   Does it also mean that horses and Grazing animals will no longer graze on the ground for grass but only eat from those containers?

BTW -  How would this effect wild animals?   Will wild animals now be skin and bones cause there are no pet bowls around for them to feed from or is this a "On Deed" only change? 

Edited by Zexos
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Horses are now much more likely to pass on the colour of one of their parents.

Does this mean getting different colors is harder now? 

An ally of mine put a hay stack in the middle of a large pen and all his 20 animals moved to one corner.

Is this because hay stacks are not geared like feeding troughs - or what?

Reporting, i loged in,  when inspecting an animal the game instantly crashs, i have tried this with different animals, same result,   This needs fixed ASAP!!

• Like 1

yup instant crash on inspecting an animal -  I see another restart coming in, get your prayers in 😜

16:49:11] ====== CLIENT CRASH ======
[16:49:11] Unexpected crash while playing
[16:49:11] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
[16:49:11]     at class.w6JxZW0hQ.BILF1iey6X(SourceFile:2598)
[16:49:11]     at class.w6JxZW0hQ.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:2408)
[16:49:11]     at class.XpQjjyVpq.XwhlvVTrl(SourceFile:622)
[16:49:11]     at class.w6JxZW0hQ.mMV5oPkCW(SourceFile:262)
[16:49:11]     at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.V8K8v9DodL(SourceFile:1527)
[16:49:11]     at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.hzBVpzQFBz(SourceFile:8370)
[16:49:11]     at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.run(SourceFile:36321)
[16:49:11]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Edit: On relog, client downloaded, Inspect Animal works. Fast work, thanks

Edited by Ekcin

The crashing on inspecting animals should be fixed now - the client didn't deploy in time before the servers came back up, but restarting the game should do the trick now.

• Like 1

On inspect animal, father and mother are confused, father under mother's name and vice versa. The name field is too short, and name may be truncated. Trait description field overlapped by category field if text longer than 30 characters, but window can be extended.

Edit: Would be nice to include pregnancy information.

Edited by Ekcin

I'm just gonna ask what everyone else has been asking in GL and Freedom.
Why wasn't this released on the test server first? This is a dumpster fire.
Highways were tested on the test server as it was a major update. This is a major update.
What made anyone think after all these years of major updates having major issues that this wouldn't be the same?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, fatboy said:

Reporting, i loged in,  when inspecting an animal the game instantly crashs, i have tried this with different animals, same result,   This needs fixed ASAP!!

This actually happened to me one time... but not follow up times. I got a crash file here.

oh fixed. ok nvm

Edited by TeeeBOMB
different words

24 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

On inspect animal, father and mother are confused, father under mother's name and vice versa. The name field is too short, and name may be truncated. Trait description field overlapped by category field if text longer than 30 characters, but window can be extended.

Thank you for the additions to the inspect window, they really help. However, if the above could be fixed next update that would be lovely. Pleeeeease??

2 hours ago, Zexos said:

So does this mean no more dropping food on the ground for the animals?   Does it also mean that horses and Grazing animals will no longer graze on the ground for grass but only eat from those containers?

BTW -  How would this effect wild animals?   Will wild animals now be skin and bones cause there are no pet bowls around for them to feed from or is this a "On Deed" only change? 

I'm pretty sure it just means they will eat out of specific types of containers, not that they will only eat from containers. I just tried dropping food on the ground and my pigs ate it, and I also see horses grazing like normal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zexos said:

This is specifically for containers. Rather than eating out of all containers like before, IF they eat out of a container it is one of those. Grazers will still graze, and critters will still eat from food piles.

• Like 2

I didn't see this in the notes but I was very happy to see that the hay tiles now return to short grass after harvest. This makes much more sense :D And thanks so much for adding that additional info do the inspect window, it helps a lot. It's super nice that we can inspect all creatures now too. It has been a short time since the update and already so many things fixed! Really appreciate all this hard work and it's nice to feel like our concerns and requests are being heard :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Animals will only travel for food if inside an enclosure

Out of curiosity, what is the definition of an enclosure? Animals in smaller fenced areas give the line saying they are penned, but my general deed area is entirely fenced in and they don't say it there. I might have thought that was also considered an enclosure but the animals don't appear to see it that way. Is there a size limit maybe?

• Like 1

I cannot say I am completely happy with that. I have a public hitching post for visitors on the highway endpoint of my deed which is of course not penned. Similarly, the VL Inn's public hitching post is on open terrain. So those posts, or at least their troughs, are rendered useless?

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Current containers that creatures can eat from when in an enclosure: Feeding Trough, Hitching Post, Small Bucket, Pet Bowl, Pottery Bowl

The almighty small barrel as been devalued :(

46 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I cannot say I am completely happy with that. I have a public hitching post for visitors on the highway endpoint of my deed which is of course not penned. Similarly, the VL Inn's public hitching post is on open terrain. So those posts, or at least their troughs, are rendered useless?

Wandering animals will not eat from them from what is what I took it to mean, hitched animals would?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

They still eat when hitched to a hitching post.

• Like 3

I also got the insta-crash upon inspecting a cow.

Sign in to follow this