Sign in to follow this  
bigtree

'Winterizing' my deed

With the nicer weather IRL I expect to leave my deed unattended for several months. I wonder if there are any best practices for preparing my deed and character for the protracted WFK time.

How do I prep for several months of not logging in to best protect my in game assets? 

- enough upkeep

- other things that can decay is best to leave in LMC or on characters(that has been subbed atleast once)

What kind of assets are you looking to protect?

Edited by Stinboi

Make sure to use the "care for" feature on any animals which you don't want to end up dying, especially breeding pairs so you can breed back your animals if your break was long enough. Often enough after having taken a break for a few months those end up being the only animals I have left upon my return.

Make sure all exterior walls and fences are imped high quality and deed upkeep is set for the amount of months you plan to be gone plus two or three extra. Collect any tools you would need to rebuild and as others have said large magic chest to keep some stuff you’d need on return and make sure you lock and secure it. Any containers that are locked and secured can’t be stolen as easily if the worst happens. Also make sure your wurm friends know your going off for a bit it’s just kind to those who care. I will check in once a month in non perm just to make sure everything is going still.

If you are using merchants as storage containers, be sure to check in periodically so they do not leave due to inactivity.