Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Creative Constructs! Design Competition

One entry per category per person.

I read that as one screenshot per category, felt quite guilty for providing 2
I personally, don't mind how long it takes. You do amazing work DN, this is no exception. Don't rush.
It's quite difficult to be an objective organiser when it comes to art. The collage will be somewhat of a jigsaw puzzle.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

Hi !

The contest ending almost 2 month ago and no news 😢 

Could you tell us if it's still ok, please ?

I really hope everything fine and cross fingers for the result... 

Five days ago, i send a kind message to know what happen with the contest, if it's totally abandonned or still in result process but no readding and of course no answer.... Even when you're kind and ask answer gently, there's no earing.... 

Edited by Miell

Please just give us some sort of update on this. We all worked really hard on our presentations. 

They are in the process of being judged, waiting on a few more devs to have time to go through them.

• Like 4

I've been holding my tongue this long but..... probably like the other contestants I'm starting to wonder what, if anything, is going on with this. I know it stated straight from the beginning it was the developers deciding the competition, that however does not change the fact that other than Demona jumping in now and again smoothing the non-communitation waiting time over a bit, there's been no communication or even news sofar. . I feel sorry for you Demona, taking over a new role (and as in most jobs) getting thrown in on the deep end ASAP the company goes silent. 

I might just have ruined even the slightest chance to win our category. Where we placed our farm was a longterm project, the competition made us speed that process up,  so it is very frustating after this long time not even to have heard  a single tone from the developers. We have by now combined out newly developed farm into our main deed, competition or not. Animals needed saving.

I just wonder how hard it would have been to send a message to the relevant person posting the new skin that:

"September's Monthly Skin

The Staff of the Dragon, adorned by a tiny little replica of its namesake, has arrived! Available through the month of September in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to a metal staff to give it a unique and fancy look.

And may we please announce the Develpers are now all checking the entries for the Creative Constructs! Design Competition after returning for their summer holidays"  or something like that.

Some form of official communication would have been nice, not from Demona on forums. Thx Demona by the way, without your messages i'm quite sure everybody by now would have thought the local pub would have benefited from the competition money.

Edited by Elrohiir

I am the one who posts the skins actually. Updates on the contest have been posted in here, it's entirely separate from the skins posts. It's coming very soon, as I said just waiting on a few more votes. I know the delay has been a pain and I apologize, there were a lot of IRL happenings out of my control that caused the delay. 

I do have to say, though, I that I am amazed by everyone's creativity and personal touches in designing their entries!

• Like 1

I know you post the skins and thx for that, very much appreciated actually, even was a request from me in an other topic - thank you for listening :). Does not change the fact though that it should not be you posting an appology, but maybe Samool should have included in that statement the progress, or lack of that and reason(s). 

I am responsible for a very busy stockroom/warehouse rl. I've lost my dad, had other colleagues with covid, others again having to isolate due to other members in their homes. All that does not change the fact that the warehouse still have to operate on a daily basis. If that means i have to hand over responsibility to someone else, call in other colleagues, ask for a colleague to stay back another hour or 2 if possible, so be it. Or something totally different... but.... none of those options include silence, none of those options include leaving the communication to a newly recruited Community Manager. 

No digging at you Demona quite the opposite, without You we'd probably not even know if that competition was even going to be honoured 

Edited by Elrohiir
  • Like 2

TY So much for the update!!!! We can't wait to see who wins!!

Love that when queried about this we were told to submit only a couple images. So i figured yknow what my deed is way too big and has too much going on to sum up in a couple images. Perhaps this competition isn't for me i'll just leave it. Then people submitted entire family albums and won anyway >.< Wish i'd noticed that there was a change of heart about the number of images to submit o.o

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

Well, nobody actually followed that. I did only want one or two to make processing entries easier but only a couple people submitted one or two images. 

Yup that's what i noticed, people just ignored you and apparently i shoulda too

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Nadroj said:

I guess I'm confused, where in the rules does it say how many screen shots are allowed?

Rules

• Build or decorate something in Wurm Online that fits in the above categories. Be creative, fill it with life, and most importantly, have fun!
  • Please keep it family friendly. Nothing suggestive or adult themed in any way.
  • One entry per category per person. Winners can only win in one category to give everyone a fair shot.
  • Post your screenshots in the separate Submissions thread, linked below (please keep any additional category entries to a single post so we can keep them organized! And don't forget to specify which category each submitted image belongs to)
  • Repurposing older structures is okay, but creations specifically made for the contest are very much encouraged!
  • Contest ends on July 10th at 00:00 server time, CEST.
  • Winners will be chosen by the Wurm Online development team.

I'm more interested that 10 out of the 12 winners were from SFI, which leads to the concern I posted about fairness between SFI and NFI and the 10+ years head start SFI had. There were MANY people who made and submitted creations just for this contest, as was encouraged in the rules, yet it seems majority of the winners were existing / repurposed structures.

Gratz to those that did win! I enjoyed looking at all the different ideas and designs that are out there. I know I'm not the only one who has used some of those ideas in personal projects!

Happy Wurming!

11 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Hello everyone,

In my opinion, this comment generates unnecessary discontent.  After gnomegates post, I looked back at the rules as well and did not see a request or stipulation for one or two screenshots.  If I missed it, I truly apologize.  I also again looked through the submissions thread to see who did, and who did not, submit an entry.  If DemonaNightshade and/or the devs feel I violated the contest rules, then please remove my submission.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, Thalorane said:

Hello everyone,

In my opinion, this comment generates unnecessary discontent.  After gnomegates post, I looked back at the rules as well and did not see a request or stipulation for one or two screenshots.  If I missed it, I truly apologize.  I also again looked through the submissions thread to see who did, and who did not, submit an entry.  If DemonaNightshade and/or the devs feel I violated the contest rules, then please remove my submission.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, gnomegates said:

I guess I'm confused, where in the rules does it say how many screen shots are allowed?

Rules

• Build or decorate something in Wurm Online that fits in the above categories. Be creative, fill it with life, and most importantly, have fun!
  • Please keep it family friendly. Nothing suggestive or adult themed in any way.
  • One entry per category per person. Winners can only win in one category to give everyone a fair shot.
  • Post your screenshots in the separate Submissions thread, linked below (please keep any additional category entries to a single post so we can keep them organized! And don't forget to specify which category each submitted image belongs to)
  • Repurposing older structures is okay, but creations specifically made for the contest are very much encouraged!
  • Contest ends on July 10th at 00:00 server time, CEST.
  • Winners will be chosen by the Wurm Online development team.

I'm more interested that 10 out of the 12 winners were from SFI, which leads to the concern I posted about fairness between SFI and NFI and the 10+ years head start SFI had. There were MANY people who made and submitted creations just for this contest, as was encouraged in the rules, yet it seems majority of the winners were existing / repurposed structures.

Gratz to those that did win! I enjoyed looking at all the different ideas and designs that are out there. I know I'm not the only one who has used some of those ideas in personal projects!

Happy Wurming!

it wasn't in any specific rules, she posted it in a reply on the first page after someone asked and i took it as gospel, just seems i shouldn't have. Also unnecessary discontent? you don't get to tell me when i'm allowed to be discontented or not bud. Just felt like expressing disappointment that i didn't decide to go ahead and post a family album of my deed as well.

On 6/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, DemonaNightshade said:

Yes, you can participate on Epic :) Just to keep it fair for people who cannot record, we'd prefer screenshots rather than videos. 1 or 2 would be preferred.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1