Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Creative Constructs! Design Competition

1 minute ago, Zexos said:

Might be a good idea to link this on the wurm launcher so that people who don't use the forums or know of them, can also find out about this contest 🙂

Already been done, it's just taking its time going live :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Unfortunately, Madnath is not a building/structure/in-game-item design 😜

...yet.

And with 38 days until the deadline, I fear you've just dropped the gauntlet on this challenge.

12 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Unfortunately, Madnath is not a building/structure/in-game-item design 😜

He's a brick. House *rocks out*

• Like 1

if you're on SFI and want to hide me in your screenshots to see if I can be spotted, then feel free

• Like 1

Where would / could you fit churches in the categories?

I feel there are some great ones out there, and was inspired to do one after doing a bout of travelling around servers just prior to the NFI launch.

just wondering if the player wants ingame silver instead of cash is that an option if they live somewhere that allows them to win cash??  Just wondering?   thanks

5 hours ago, Delone said:

Where would / could you fit churches in the categories?

I feel there are some great ones out there, and was inspired to do one after doing a bout of travelling around servers just prior to the NFI launch.

There are definitely some beautiful churches! If you've got one that might fit in some way with a category that may work, but at least for this contest there is not a specific category most churches will fit into. I can keep that theme in mind in case we do another one of these contests!

2 hours ago, Kaitlin said:

just wondering if the player wants ingame silver instead of cash is that an option if they live somewhere that allows them to win cash??  Just wondering?   thanks

I'm waiting on an answer for that one, and I'll get back to you once I've heard!

As it is a "Design-contest" ... can designs from Unlimited enter as well ?
(if it does NOT use modded items ofc)

Edited by Smarken

1 hour ago, Smarken said:

As it is a "Design-contest" ... can designs from Unlimited enter as well ?
(if it does NOT use modded items ofc)

Can't see any rule against and it will be hard to spot the difference anyways. I already see some WU pictures submitted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

Can't see any rule against and it will be hard to spot the difference anyways. I already see some WU pictures submitted.

There are so many tweaks you can do in WU to make building and skilling so much easier. Not to mention being able to just spawn things to the map if you're a server admin. Seems highly unfair to me..

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 3

On 6/3/2021 at 2:00 AM, DemonaNightshade said:

We've had the categories picked out for quite some time and enjoyed the idea of farms and ranches more than the idea of seeing a general home. Our hope, really, is for new structures tailored to the categories, whether on or off deed. 

As none of my wifeys deeds fit into this narrow idea as farm or ranch, she is just ruled out .. even that she has a lot on ingame positive responce...
She has decorated 9+ deeds so far, and DO know her sh*t (and only one would fit in farm/ranch category.. and that one has been disbanded for some time, "Rearing Horses" @ F21-cadence with a chess board harbor for theose who have been there )
Anyways .. on her behalf "Thanks for nothing"..

1 hour ago, Smarken said:

As none of my wifeys deeds fit into this narrow idea as farm or ranch, she is just ruled out .. even that she has a lot on ingame positive responce...
She has decorated 9+ deeds so far, and DO know her sh*t (and only one would fit in farm/ranch category.. and that one has been disbanded for some time, "Rearing Horses" @ F21-cadence with a chess board harbor for theose who have been there )
Anyways .. on her behalf "Thanks for nothing"..

There is over a months time to enter, and as stated it's highly encouraged to actually build something and not just take screenshots of existing places. Being on deed is not required, so you could always build a structure or scene off deed to take your screenshot. There is nothing actually stopping her from entering the contest.

15 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

There is over a months time to enter, and as stated it's highly encouraged to actually build something and not just take screenshots of existing places. Being on deed is not required, so you could always build a structure or scene off deed to take your screenshot. There is nothing actually stopping her from entering the contest.

Think thats a no-go for either of us

Just now, Smarken said:

Think thats a no-go for either of us

That's your choice, if you don't feel like participating in this particular contest. Many people are very happy to. Maybe another in the future will work out better for you guys!

2 hours ago, MordosKull said:

There are so many tweaks you can do in WU to make building and skilling so much easier. Not to mention being able to just spawn things to the map if you're a server admin. Seems highly unfair to me..

There is also many things you can do with skill 99 that you can't do with skill 29 .. WU is mostly just saving time imho .. and you can take better screenshots with flying 😄
..and a lot of items present in online is absent in WU ..
(and it IS a designcontest not skill-level-contest 😉 ) .. I hope the winner wil be one with skill 29 😉  but awesome design skill..
- but i rest my case, since DemonaNightshade ruled WU out in another comment

Edited by Smarken

6 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

This is for Wurm Online, sorry guys.

How do you want to check that. There are already some WU Screenshots submitted and nobody noticed

Just now, Sklo:D said:

How do you want to check that.

imagine if a gm could search for buildings owned by a player and see if it exists in wo that'd be pretty wild

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

imagine if a gm could search for buildings owned by a player and see if it exists in wo that'd be pretty wild

^^ Yes very easy to confirm it is WO...

56 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

How do you want to check that. There are already some WU Screenshots submitted and nobody noticed

Visit the winning ones ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

How do you want to check that. 

Look for trees in the distance 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Archaed said:

Look for trees in the distance 

I hope this will not be flooded with WU Screenshots you wouldn't be able see the forest anymore because of all the trees.

• Like 2

We can't have WU screenshots, that could cause WO players to leave for the far superior game once they see those.

• Like 1