Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Creative Constructs! Design Competition

creative_constructs_contest.png

Note: Winners have been chosen! The list of winners can be found in the Valrei International linked below:

Have you made countless amounts of furnishings and decorations? Spent tons of time dyeing things, arranging them just right, and filling your home and buildings with life and coziness? Creatives and designers everywhere, now is your time to shine! All of those hours spent building, decorating, and getting things just right are about to pay off... and I mean that in the most literal sense!

I am thrilled to announce our Creative Design Competition! This one will have four themed categories. Try your hand at one or all! This competition will involve a real cash prize for first, second, and third place winners in each category. (In countries that are not allowed to participate in cash prizes, the prize will be the equivalent amount in in-game silvers.) We will be looking for places that are full of life with attention to detail, and lots of creativity!

The Categories

Combat and Defense Theme

• Focuses on defense or battles
  • Forts, camps, battle scenes, etc

Cozy Ranches and Farms

• Focusing on the raising of animals and/or crops.
  • Stables, farmhouses, pastures and crop fields, etc

Place of Business

• Focused on places that accept coin for goods or services
  • Inns, shops, ports, taverns, anywhere that accepts coins!

Wacky and Wild!

• Over the top! The weirder the better!
  • Insane decorations or structures, extreme colors and designs.

Rules

• Build or decorate something in Wurm Online that fits in the above categories. Be creative, fill it with life, and most importantly, have fun!
  • Please keep it family friendly. Nothing suggestive or adult themed in any way.
  • One entry per category per person. Winners can only win in one category to give everyone a fair shot.
  • Post your screenshots in the separate Submissions thread, linked below (please keep any additional category entries to a single post so we can keep them organized! And don't forget to specify which category each submitted image belongs to)
  • Repurposing older structures is okay, but creations specifically made for the contest are very much encouraged!
  • Contest ends on July 10th at 00:00 server time, CEST.
  • Winners will be chosen by the Wurm Online development team.

The Prizes

(One for each category)

• First Place: 125e
  • Second Place: 75e
  • Third Place: 50e

Countries that can participate for real cash prizes are below! If you win and do not live in one of these countries, the prize will be the equivalent amount in silvers.

Spoiler

Argentina* (except Buenos Aires)

Australia* (Divided into 8 jurisdictions)

• Tasmania: Yes
  • Western Australia: Yes
  • South Australia: Yes
  • Australian Capital Territory: No
  • New South Wales: No
  • Northern Territory: No
  • Queensland: No
  • Victoria: No

Austria

Belarus 

Belgium 

Brazil 

Canada 

Chile 

China 

Colombia 

Croatia 

Czech Republic 

Denmark 

Estonia 

Finland 

Germany 

Greece 

Hungary 

Kazakhstan 

Latvia 

Lithuania 

Mexico 

Netherlands 

New Zealand

Norway 

Peru 

Poland 

Portugal 

Russian Federation 

Slovakia 

Slovenia 

Spain 

Sweden 

Taiwan, Republic of China 

Thailand 

Turkey 

Ukraine 

United Kingdom

United States of America* except

• Arkansas: No
  • Delaware: No
  • Louisiana: No
  • Montana: No
  • South Carolina: No
  • South Dakota: No
  • Tennessee: No

This opportunity to provide real cash prizes to our lovely creatives is powered by G-Loot. See G-Loot's terms and conditions here.

G-Loot let's you earn real money rewards while challenging yourself in the games you play and love. Our platform for PC games contains a wide range of games and some of the worlds largest IP's. We're also a big player within the esports scene with our own leagues and events.

• Like 14
  • Cat 1

Battle Royale arena coming up

Prepare your fish clubs people

"Taiwan, Republic of China " - oof there. 

In an unrelated note,  any limit to screenshots? May we post videos? Are Epic buildings/themed allowed? 

Well geez now i gotta figure out which pictures of Magranon's Rest do it justice.....i dunno if it counts more as a defensive fort because its so giant or just as a "wacky build" considering i spent 2 years hollowing a mountain and building a 1000 slope platform xD. Decisions decisions.

Would it be unfair to post a screenshot of it from the sky that a GM took for me? 

Edit - if anyone doesn't know, here's how i lost my marbles in wurm - 

Gonna need to pick out some choice pictures and neaten up the furnishings in the impalong smithy.....

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, elentari said:

"Taiwan, Republic of China " - oof there.

"Republic of China" is Taiwan's official name. In other words, it's what they call themselves. This is not to be construed as a statement on any nation's relative sovereignty.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, elentari said:

In an unrelated note,  any limit to screenshots? May we post videos? Are Epic buildings/themed allowed? 

Yes, you can participate on Epic :) Just to keep it fair for people who cannot record, we'd prefer screenshots rather than videos. 1 or 2 would be preferred.

19 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

wheres my esports

I was hoping for battle royale not another construction competition

58 minutes ago, Madnath said:

I was hoping for battle royale not another construction competition

We'd probably need a challenge like server for that and a minimal sized one to work (maybe a 2x2 type server size?) . 

Anyway, not a bad contest, gonna spruce up my deed a bit. 

Grats on the event, nice prizes too. I will warn tho, that this is the kind of thing where Light Token really stands out.  Odds are, contestants will have to incorporate no less than 100 Light Tokens  *jazz hands*,  to be in the running to win this. Good luck all.  ;)

Adding question:

Any chance the judges will make their decision based solely on a pic or two of each design, and not who posted it and any comments that may go along with the pics? Could the judges somehow resist looking at the 'contestant submission thread" for however long, and say only have the pics shown to them when the time comes. Then they make their decisions. Only wondering kinda, thx

i read that completely wrong. clicking thread

Edited by Steveleeb

8 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

Adding question:

Any chance the judges will make their decision based solely on a pic or two of each design, and not who posted it and any comments that may go along with the pics? Could the judges somehow resist looking at the 'contestant submission thread" for however long, and say only have the pics shown to them when the time comes. Then they make their decisions. Only wondering kinda, thx

Decisions will be made fairly, and comments will not be allowed on the submissions thread :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

i read that completely wrong. clicking thread

I had JUST added the submissions thread as a separate thing as you had posted yours, so it wasn't you! :)

• Like 1

I'm sorry, you forgot the "Boring but PURPLE" category. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Wacky and Wild!

Will you accept pictures of Madnath?

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

Just now, Antony said:

Will you accept pictures of Madnath?

Unfortunately, Madnath is not a building/structure/in-game-item design 😜

• Like 1

Interesting some states of Australia can enter and some cant, whats the reasons there?

Those prizes are most generous!

I am sure that there will be lots of original creations that will make the decision of the Wurm team difficult . Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Can we expand the "Cozy" Theme to include houses/ overall deed design/decoration and use of living space - and not just limited to pastures/ animal pen setups etc? I would love to enter pics of my deed but it includes the full layout and individual buildings of my (smallish) deed - not just the animal areas

For what its worth - my deed was lauded as one of the "coziest deeds she'd ever seen" by Katspurr on her popular twitch streams "Wurm Roulette" :)

@DemonaNightshade

Edited by Goldfinch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zerobyte said:

Interesting some states of Australia can enter and some cant, whats the reasons there?

Some states cannot legally receive a cash prize. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Goldfinch said:

Can we expand the "Cozy" Theme to include houses/ overall deed design/decoration and use of living space - and not just limited to pastures/ animal pen setups etc?

@DemonaNightshade

We've had the categories picked out for quite some time and enjoyed the idea of farms and ranches more than the idea of seeing a general home. Our hope, really, is for new structures tailored to the categories, whether on or off deed. 

I always get times mixed up, can you add in the countdown timer like they have on auctions? Thank you either way.

Might be a good idea to link this on the wurm launcher so that people who don't use the forums or know of them, can also find out about this contest 🙂

• Like 1