Sign in to follow this  
Vorticella

A few suggestions to improve pet food containers

I was hoping the new feeding containers would reduce or stop decay so we could put down more food at once, but it seems like it's the same as dropping food on the ground. I absolutely love the new containers but if animals can eat out of crates (which at the moment doesn't appear to be working, is that supposed to work?), then those will end up being what makes feeding easier, and we will see animal pens with crates in them instead of the lovely troughs and bowls. I also thought the food bowl would be like furniture and not group with other items, but when I put two other items on the same tile as the bowl, it groups them into a "pile of items". That's not a huge problem but does create a nuisance when decorating. Finally, I noticed that food can be dragged and dropped directly into the pet bowl, but the trough and hitching post have to be opened first. Since there are no sub containers inside them this feels like an unnecessary extra step and it would be great if we could drag items directly into those as well.

So my suggestions are:

• Pet food containers should stop (or greatly reduce) decay on bulk food items
  • Pet bowls should not group into piles with other items
  • Enable drag and drop for adding food to hitching posts and troughs without having to open them first
  • Like 5

They don't reduce or stop decay at all? Then what's the point?...

+1 to this as it could mean slightly less frequent chores, and thus seeing more of the rest of the game.

• Like 1

yeah, +1. was hoping they will atleast greatly reduce food decay if not prevent it on deed atleast

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ecrir said:

They don't reduce or stop decay at all? Then what's the point?...

Well, they are a lot nicer to look at than piles of items on the ground so it's still a huge improvement from that perspective :)