Sign in to follow this  

The new 'kick portal' feature for portals is really great.

Previously moving graphics were crashing my machine when I went close to a portal.  Now I can 'kick' the portal and switch them off - it's a life saver!

Unfortunately the particles from beehives and fountains are still causing the same problem.

Please can we have the kick option added to beehives and fountains? 

Thanks very much.

Could you post a console log please the next time you experience a crash which you think is related to particles?

• Like 1

Thanks Saroman

It freezes my system forcing a restart, sorry if crash is the wrong word, so I don't think there is time for the game to produce a log.  Sorry for my wording.

It would still be useful for seeing general system stats and settings and maybe it does manage to log something before the hang, have a look after restarting? Do village boards, lit braziers, the smoke from bee smokers or valrei items cause the same freezes?

The only things I am aware of causing the freezes are:

• active/noisy bee hives - dormant ones don't cause the problem
  • active fountains
  • lit portals

also occasionally other player characters freeze my PC if I am stood on the same tile e.g. I run or drive through them, or they run or drive over me.

These freezes only happen when I am very close to the object, and happen most often when I am turning (rotating) with the highlight outline crossing the item (even if something else is highlighted e.g. highlighted gate behind a fountain)

Village boards are fine so far - I can be on the same tile.  There's was slight delay/stutter initially when turning whilst facing them.

Smoking coal-piles are fine, but again they did initially cause a stutter when turning whilst facing them.

It's daylight at the moment, so I'll check the other things as and when I get the opportunity.

Next time it freezes and I restart I'll see if there's a log I can post, thanks for all your help! :) 

EDIT: Lit braziers are fine (both types) and lit fireplace is fine

Edited by Muse