Sign in to follow this  
ShenjiWurm

HORSES RUNNING AWAY LIGHTNING FAST WHEN UNHITCHED!

Hi,

So, this update that makes the animals move to eat is really depleting my horse stock. Is there anyway to make it where they do not move to eat? I have been out hunting and I knew the horses were going to take off when I unhitched the wagon, but still was not able to lead them in time. I even freaking tried feeding them before unhitching! They ran off fast into the water!!!!! I swam after them but ofc they hit land and where gone in a flash. I don't want to call a GM to get them back because they have more important things to do, but this is really upsetting. :( LOL with the AH update its hard to get a good horse anyways and now I have lost all my good horses. I guess I will start from scratch and breed some wilds. :( Please! Please! Please! Do something about this! Thanks for you time. 

• Like 2

I asked for a psa a few days back after an extremely unpleasant experience with a GM but I guess its up to the players to let people know to only unhitch inside a building and be very careful dismounting

Edited by SmeJack
  • Like 1

I only asked for GM help when the horse stole my rare saddle w/107woa. I will just buy new horses, but this is nuts!

• Like 1

I just experimented, I filled a pet bowl with food and placed it at a wagon then unhitched my animals. Three of the animals stayed there and one ran off but only a tile away. So, I am not sure it worked or not, but I am planning on taking me a pet bowl to the next rift and placing it on ground before I unload/unhitch my horse and hopefully will save me from dealing with this frustrating situation again. 

Edited by ShenjiWurm
typo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ShenjiWurm said:

I just experimented, I filled a pet bowl with food and placed it at a wagon then unhitched my animals. Three of the animals stayed there and one ran off but only a tile away. So, I am not sure it worked or not, but I am planning on taking me a pet bowl to the next rift and placing it on ground before I unload/unhitch my horse and hopefully will save me from dealing with this frustrating situation again. 

If I can make a suggestion, just until there's a good remedy for this, either

1. bring some shafts and small nails, roundpole fences take VERY little mats (like 4 shafts and 1 small nail) each. Creating a 2x2 pen with a gate would create a safe place for people to unhitch and lead their horses
  2. bring the horse that you want to ride, unhitched, and lead it,so you can avoid having to unhitch your animals from your cart

Hopefully we'll get a quick fix though

• Like 1

People have been reporting their horses running through locked gates

• Like 1

Yes, you would think that would work; however, what if you had wagon you needed to put into your boat? would be a pain to push it to the boat?? That is what happened today. I was gonna unhitch inside a fence but then remembered I needed to put my wagon in boat, so I moved to where my boat was and unhitched....then the horses went for a swim. haha

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

People have been reporting their horses running through locked gates

and locked doors

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EvaDaly said:

and locked doors

Yeah, was commenting about the not so safe option proposed above to build a pen

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Yeah, was commenting about the not so safe option proposed above to build a pen

New escape artist trait for bred animals?

So, announcement of the major issue when? ETA on a fix? Why is this not being publicly announced?

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

I unhitched my horse with full rare gear on from my cart, it tore off thru 2 locked gates and over 100 tiles away befor i caught up to it. This needs fixed Now.

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

Try being in a pvp situation, you get off your horse and it decides its hungry and runs back to deed leaving you on foot with your hands in your pockets. Not fun.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Has this been fixed yet? Has the dev team picked this up yet? Any comments yet?

The bugs/complaints are piling up... 

Im afraid to unhitch anything at the moment. 

Should be fixed now with todays patch.