Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Fix crafting of rare leather armour + rivets

If I have a rare blade or weapon head, and combine it with a handle or shaft to make a weapon or knife, there's a 100% chance for the rarity to transfer.

But if I have a rare leather armour piece, and combine it with rivets to make studded leather, there's a 0% chance. Instead, I get a piece of studded leather armour at slightly higher quality than if I'd used non-rare armour.

I think this is wrong. The rule that's being applied is more applicable to using a rare pickaxe, for example, to produce raw materials. That's the wrong rule. Either the chance of transferring rarity should be 100%, as it is with weapon and tool heads, or it should be 50%, as it is in general when using rare materials to craft something.

• Like 4

weapon/tool head transfer is an archaeology feature, and there's no chance for getting rare leather armour from archaeology, so makes sense that it wouldn't transfer

11 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

or it should be 50%, as it is in general when using rare materials to craft something.

thats not a thing

5 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

weapon/tool head transfer is an archaeology feature, and there's no chance for getting rare leather armour from archaeology, so makes sense that it wouldn't transfer

thats not a thing

When you add a rare material to, say, a guard tower or a forge, there's a chance of it going rare, yes?

The chance depends on the number of total items used to make the final object, yes?

That is the thing I'm talking about.

As to your first point, I suppose that's a valid argument. If the automatic rarity transfer from weapon and tool heads was introduced at the same time as archaeology. Otherwise, I think it's just a weird red herring.

Edited by Sheffie

2 part has always been 0% chance, only 3+ part creation has a chance for rarity from materials. as for heads, https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/163262-wurm-online-12th-anniversary-patch-notes-5jun18 specifically under archaeology changes. i asked before the patch, and a staff member told me that it was archaeology found pieces only and anything else wouldn't transfer, then after the patch it turned out they all did and nothing ever happened from that.

leather to studded leather staying rare seems fine personally, i wouldn't say it's a bad idea, but there's probably a lot of things in a similar "why doesn't this and this stay rare" that they'd have to go through to keep everything in line

• Like 1

Why would anyone even want studded.. Its garbage.. Especially if you had rare leather already lol

+1, if for no other reason than embellishing a rare piece of armour with additional minor features seems to me like it is the same item, but just with a little added. Consistency between tools/weapons/armour in this regard would be nice. 

• Like 1