Sign in to follow this  
Zexos

Update Weather/Season Effects

It would be good if the weather got updated with some nice effects. 

• Rain - When it rains, you can see the rain and it lasts for quite a while.  With the sky bringing in Dark Clouds and even lightning maybe.
  • Fog - When it is foggy, how about some different kinds of fog.  Thick fog, thin fog but also fog that moves across the ground like a fog machine kind of effect.  (Maybe Wurm might not be able to handle doing that)
  • Snow - Light snow falling.   Make it a bit more noticeable.

• Summer -  How about making dirt tiles have cracks in them?   (Not like packed dirt though)
  • Spring - How about having some bees/dragonflies flying around some trees or flowers. (They would not hurt you mind)  Kind of like the butterflies now.   Oh and also maybe even some petals from fruit trees could fall down randomly from the trees.  I've seen the trees have leaves fall from them so some petals would be good too.
  • Autumn - A few leaves blowing in the wind might be nice around alot of trees.    Also leaves on the tiles, on the ground would be nice as well.    Though, if you want to be super detailed, you could just have them within like 1 tile around a tree.
  • Winter - Ice Crystals appear in caves which could be another source of snow/chill for a larder - Oh!  Snow could also build up around the lower part of a building as well. Also snow on Roofs! like a dusting.  Oh and fountains outside could freeze in place. You would still be able to drink the water inside it though (Just an effect)
Edited by Zexos
  • Like 2

Can't say yes enough to this.

When transitioning between clear -> rain -> clear -> fog, etc, I'd love it if there were sound effects. As you described, the sky bringing in dark clouds and maybe lightning, hearing that rumble of thunder would be incredible. And not just someone hitting a tin-can down an alley, which is what thunder sounds like currently.

Edited by Antony
  • Like 2

Please please please!! I'm so tired of rain falling from clear skies! I love the drama of weather.

• Like 2

Yes, please. 

Add something to forest floors. 

They are so empty/clean looking, especially during spring. You occassionally see a stone/rock here and there but thats it. 

I've mentioned in other posts but add DEAD WOOD/LOGS to this game. 

Every damn forest has some rotting wood/logs/branches on the forest ground. 

Out of those same rotting wood grow nice mushrooms. 

I remember BDO had/has a actual raining/water + temperatures map which was pretty nice and refreshing to see! 

There were different areas on the world map where there were more groundwater than others (more rainfall) and farming here would give a nice bonus. 

Also,

temperature played a role in growth of crops. 

All of this in a MMO not even designed to be sandboxy as Wurm is, so why can't we have nice things? 

I love the idea. Not saying wurm needs this exact thing but it def. needs more content, especially if you choose to do the whole day/night cycle, seasons and weather. 

Or at least get the audio/graphics right. 

Let us hear CLEAR rain falling to the ground or rain when its actually cloudy (and not raining while sun is shining with 0 clouds) *sigh*. 

Edited by Berms