Sign in to follow this  
Goldfinch

Bug: Animals on lead disappearing in tunnel

Hello, I am reporting a (new to me) bug regarding animals i was leading. When I rode through a tunnel (paved highway that was routed underground) I could not see the animals I was leading anymore! However, upon leaving the tunnel,  I was able to see them again. I never lost them or got any message that I stopped leading them, so all is well. But its quite odd that they would disappear.

Let me know if you need anything else.

This has been around for quite some time for me and is very annoying, reported it months ago, but somebody moved the post and attached it to the animals vanishing off hitching post thread. Despite me making repeated further comments in that post that it was still happening and giving more information several times, it was never commented on, or acknowledged. After stating in that thread that the hitching post fix had not fixed this issue,  I eventually  just gave up. ( Horses becoming invisible and teleporting. - Server Bugs - Wurm Online Forum )

Does not happen in all mines, but in the ones that it does occur, happens every time. Unluckily for me, one such mine is the one on my deed that houses my main work area.

Walking back out of the mine, and not moving off the first tile outside the mine, the animals pop into view on the exit tile, then move to stand on the mine entrance tile, but sitting in the air above it. If you then re-enter the mine while they are still there, they will then show up inside, have had to use this workaround for months.

First started to occur after one of their patches that was supposed to fix animals vanishing from view after crossing mine doors, and I suspect something in that is pushing the animals to not go into the mine as part of the fix, but has bled over into doing so in some situations where they actually should be.

Edited by Delone

Bump still occurring every single time I enter my mine.

Bump. 

Still occurs every single time I lead an animal into my mine. Goes invisible until i use my fix described above.

Been around for months now, not acknowledged afaik, extremely annoying.