Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

FIXED ! Horses wander around while wearing saddles

Fixed !! Thanks guys o7

Ok. I am on Indy server, on my deed (Circlesville). I have my cart and 2 hitched horses (both horses wearing saddles). This cart (The Grape Adventure) is sitting like inside a building here (Teeebomb's Tall House). I unhitched those horses (right click cart, animals > unhitch) and they both took off in a south west direction. Both were stopped by a fence.

They wont do it again for me in the same spot, so I can not immediately repeat this. I do not know why they took off in that direction. I am standing right here, next to both horses, and there is no messages in my event tab about either of them eating anything. Thank god they did not eat stuff out of my locked cart.

WILL YOU PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME SO SADDLED HORSES DO NOT MOVE AROUND.

I do not want animals to eat out of random containers I have sitting around. I can not honestly think why anyone would want random animals wandering around eating out of undesignated containers.

I honestly want Wurm to work, and I do appreciate all your effort to make this game workable. But, making animals take off and eat out of nearby random containers - dumb. Specially if they are wearing frick'n saddles, right?

I can see how it may be desirable to have nearby animals eat out of a crate. But no. Not randomly. I may be able to get used to this. Change placement of stuffs, start paying more attention to placing containers around animals, sure. But not saddled horses, right. Saddled horses should not move, right?

I hope saddled horses moving is a glitch and you will fix this soon. Very very scary.

Thanks your time,

Teeebomb

Edited by TeeeBOMB
fixed
  • Like 2

Just now had another saddled horse take off. Luckily I was in a 1x2 fenced area. I am on deed, on Indy server, I right clicked my cart (a different cart this time) and one of the 2 saddled horses took off in a north Easterly direction this time. It bumped into the fence.

Why are my saddled horses taking off when I unhitch them?

Please fix this.

Thanks

• Like 2

Something similar happened with my riding horse, Mollyhunting. She was standing on a patch of enchanted grass in the courtyard, saddled. Apparently she got hungry, but instead of grazing she went over to the house and ate camelia from a crate in an unlocked crate rack. Through the wall. Then she went back to her enchanted grass.

She hasn't done that again, at least I didn't catch her doing it again.

I take it that saddled horses moving to eat from a trough and then going back to their spot is intended behaviour, but it seems to have some undesired side effects.

Edited by Ramilan
  • Like 3

Saddling a horse used to make the horse, hell horse or unicorn stay stationary on the tile where you got off of the horse or you unhitched it from a cart or wagon.

From the Wurmpedia page on Saddles, last edited 04-Jan-2021

Notes

• Equipped on the torso of a mount, a saddle will provide a slight speed bonus to movement and also prevent the animal from roaming.

So if Saddles have prevented horses from roaming from when saddles were introduced, gosh knows how many years ago...

.... then the recently inserted "new code" has a big Bug if this ability to use a Saddle to prevent a horse from wandering off suddenly no longer works.

Thumbs down also to horses eating from containers that are not locked.

This means someone can drive their horse and cart or wagon into their building to make a delivery from their cart-wagon into a storage container and could suddenly see the fruits disappearing without warning if the animal feel like eating.

Still worse, you may go to access your FSB to get some food to cook a meal and discover the ingredients you want to use are missing because a horse can now eat from an unlocked Container though the wall without you knowing about it.

Now if this Bug goes Un-Removed or uncorrected, it means extra work and complexity for everyone. Now we will all now have to make Small Locks and go around Locking any container that may contain something that is food for animals.

This Bug means further extra work of setting up permissions for all of these now locked containers...

.... which in turns will have a cascading effect of slowing down the game engine as it now has run extra code to check the permissions of every locked container, every time someone wants to access it or every time an animal which is hungry walks past a food bearing container and decides to self serve rather then eating grass growing on the tile it is standing on, which they have done since the founding days of Wurm some 14 years ago.

Food for thought and please put an end to this cascading nightmare by reverting horses eating habits back just normal grass grazing.

Respectfully submitted,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Co-Leader - The Albia Consortium

Wurmian since 2012

• Like 1

Same happened just now, I've unhitched one horse from the wagon. Horse is saddled but instantly started to walk SouthWestish at about 5-6km/h speed, stopped by a fence.

• Like 2

This is quite a serious issue, one of my horses even walked through a locked gate. See video below.

[19:51:47] You see a gate with a lock. The lock is of good quality.

[19:51:47] It is locked.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jaz said:

This is quite a serious issue

Great video evidence. I agree, QUITE serious. One day a lava tile may be in a horses path. Yikes!

Now is un safe to unhitch your horses.. even inside locked gates.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Great video evidence. I agree, QUITE serious. One day a lava tile may be in a horses path. Yikes!

Now is un safe to unhitch your horses.. even inside locked gates.

Actually I have lava tiles nearby, luckily to the east and not south :P

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Can we get an official response on why wasnt it tested on the test server before going live?

• Like 2

My friend had put a meal in the oven and the pig i brought for him ate the meal right out of the oven,  Twice before we realized what was happening.    so after we realized what had happened, and stopped laughing, we decided to do a few things different until it can get fixed. 

1.  Keep Animals and or Storage Containers separated either via fence or buildings,  All my animals except for the saddled animals are kept in separate area from my main house area

2. Saddled horses or diseased creatures brought to the main area will be hitched to the hitching post or a vehicle on enchanted grass for healing if needed

3 all containers with anything an animal might find tasty will now be locked in a building

4 my fsb's in my farming area will now be moved from the fence line to leaving 1 tile space from the fence to the closest fsb, if i cant reach it then they shouldnt be able to either ...crosses her fingers... 

and im hoping these little fixes will prevent my animals from eating me out of house and home..

Now, when it comes to saddled horses running off the second you dismount, without being able to select lead, then thats a big issue for me because i love to explore but as long as i dont dismount the horse away from home im ok, 

on the downside,   if you happen to get disconnected while riding a saddled horse in an area full of recently spawned extremely aggressive mobs, that could be very very irritating and your death is coming quickly.  

Please fix the saddle issue, because they bolt before you can even select lead from the menu. or maybe its time for an option of  "Dismount and Lead"  Maybe ill start bringing an extra mount with me while exploring until this can be addressed

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jaz said:

This is quite a serious issue, one of my horses even walked through a locked gate. See video below.

Wait, what!?  This is unacceptable. Please have this bug fixed asap. 

Edited by Berms
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2021 at 10:55 AM, Jaz said:

Wow!  Thank you for that video Jaz.  I did not know it was that bad.

Well, the evidence speaks for itself.

... I guess there are Multiple major bugs.

Walls are now transparent to a hungry horse wants to eat from a container inside...

Gates are now transparent to saddled horses, h-horse or unicorns...

I hope the Dev's can fix it soon.

Or Better remove the bad code and revert animal behavior to what it has been for the past 14 years.

We all appreciate Jaz,  your post of the vid as a warning to all, Keep your animals Hitched until the code is fixed or rolled back to when it worked properly.

Food for thought,

Cheers, Hugh

PS:  Please do not vent on Demona, the PR Lady, it is not her fault.  She just announces the news she is given to put up.

• Like 1

Should be fixed now with todays patch

• Like 1