Sign in to follow this  
Seriphina

Hay to Dirt

I looked around but haven't seen this posted yet.

I created a number of hay fields (scythe on grass tile) then tedded with pitchfork. A short while later (some just a few minutes, some several hours later) a handful of the tiles revert to dirt. The ground is level. Some have fences nearby, others do not. Some are next to grass tiles or road, some are not. I've gone through and replanted grass on these tiles, but it reduces the overall number of tiles I can make hay on as short grass isn't a candidate.

Several others have indicated the same issue in chat.

Is this a feature? Or a bug?

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Seriphina said:

I looked around but haven't seen this posted yet.

I created a number of hay fields (scythe on grass tile) then tedded with pitchfork. A short while later (some just a few minutes, some several hours later) a handful of the tiles revert to dirt. The ground is level. Some have fences nearby, others do not. Some are next to grass tiles or road, some are not. I've gone through and replanted grass on these tiles, but it reduces the overall number of tiles I can make hay on as short grass isn't a candidate.

Several others have indicated the same issue in chat.

Is this a feature? Or a bug?

yeah, same happened to me, from around 20 hay tiles, 3 became dirt after a day aprox... 1 is on W side of fence, 2 not by the fence

in the last few days, out of 15 tiles 4 of mine have gone to dirt, and the furthest in steps I've gotten is 'almost dried'

• Like 1

I feel like this is someones idea of realism being fun game play since the weather is intended to inhibit tile production, if it sets the tiles back stages which is what appears to be happening then it might just be flat reverting it right back to dirt. I have tiles that have been wet and damp for 4 days and probably lucky they haven't just flat reverted to dirt.

I made 39 tiles last night one turned to dirt about 3 seconds after tedding and now 5 more less than 12 hours later. You need to replant the grass and then wait 2-3 days for it to be long enough to turn back into hay, with all these restrictions and time sinks one would sure expect the hay better be worth it and bulkable to boot. can bulk both the hay and the bundle

Edited by SmeJack

11 hours ago, SmeJack said:

I feel like this is someones idea of realism being fun game play since the weather is intended to inhibit tile production, if it sets the tiles back stages which is what appears to be happening then it might just be flat reverting it right back to dirt. I have tiles that have been wet and damp for 4 days and probably lucky they haven't just flat reverted to dirt.

I made 39 tiles last night one turned to dirt about 3 seconds after tedding and now 5 more less than 12 hours later. You need to replant the grass and then wait 2-3 days for it to be long enough to turn back into hay, with all these restrictions and time sinks one would sure expect the hay better be worth it and bulkable to boot.

I can understand weather slowing it down (probably can't make hay in winter, we will see) but destroying the crop at intervals is not fun game play. I'm seeing something like a 20% loss over time.

• Like 1

i did 64 tiles and the next day 15 went to dirt. Today the total is up to 26 dirt tiles. The status of them after 3 days is all over the place. Some almost dry and a few still are damp and the rest are all over in between those two. If it keeps this up there will be more dirt tiles by the time it dries.

19 hours ago, Evilvision said:

i did 64 tiles and the next day 15 went to dirt. Today the total is up to 26 dirt tiles. The status of them after 3 days is all over the place. Some almost dry and a few still are damp and the rest are all over in between those two. If it keeps this up there will be more dirt tiles by the time it dries.

That's what I'm seeing as well. I feel this needs to be clarified if intended or adjusted if this is unintended.