Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

It looks stationary

New trait to keep horses still "it looks stationary" isn't working, I'm watching a foal race around the pen with it.

May or may not be related to the bug that is making saddled horses run around

• Like 1

These foals are still zooming around after the saddle fix

aye, creatures with such trait move around, same trait sticks to sheep, horses, bison.. all move freely

I had a piebald pinto foal over here on Indy, Cornersville deed, has that trait. ([12:08:01] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It seems accustomed to water. It seems to be a graceful eater. It has a slow metabolism. It looks stationary. It has been bred in captivity.)

It is now Adolescent. I will see if maybe it stops moving at some point when it gets older *shrugs*.

• Like 1

Anyone have the trait on sheep or cows?

I don't breed them but wondered if maybe it was they stopped running away when players moved close to them, rather than stopped pathing around?

This is the problem with not having trait function descriptions fleshed out, you don't know exactly what is supposed to happen, so can't tell if it is or isn't working.

Edited by Delone

2 hours ago, Delone said:

Anyone have the trait on sheep or cows?

I don't breed them but wondered if maybe it was they stopped running away when players moved close to them, rather than stopped pathing around?

This is the problem with not having trait function descriptions fleshed out, you don't know exactly what is supposed to happen, so can't tell if it is or isn't working.

17 hours ago, Finnn said:

aye, creatures with such trait move around, same trait sticks to sheep, horses, bison.. all move freely

So, it moves around, but when I took a cow and set it as a cat target, it never moved.  Other animals w/o the trait did move - either to attack me or to run away.  Not sure if this was random, or part of the trait - more testing needed.

Does this seem to affect only foals (i.e. up to first adolescent) or do folks have adult horses with the trait that still wander?  Note that critters should still move to a feeding trough even with the stationary trait (although they should return to their original spot after eating).

12 hours ago, Pandalet said:

Does this seem to affect only foals (i.e. up to first adolescent) or do folks have adult horses with the trait that still wander?  Note that critters should still move to a feeding trough even with the stationary trait (although they should return to their original spot after eating).

I just parked 5 adolescent horses (not foals) with this trait in a line and one of them instantly ran. I checked and it is a day short of second stage adolescence but so are some of the others, I will leave them parked to see if others move.

Edit: Just realised my aged fat man who has been free roaming has this trait so it doesn't seem to be a foal/horse issue

Edited by SmeJack

Just a heads up that this is being looked in to :)

Seems to have been successfully fixed in the last patch, they haven't moved for a few days now