Sign in to follow this  
Godrobotswife

Straying Horses

I went on an adventure with my corbita and decided to load my wagon into it. I lead my 4 best horses since wagon speeds are extremely bad now and I could barely outrun trolls in it. one horse had a 90 ql saddle and 4 woa shoes pretty high cast/ql. I went pretty far from my deed and unloaded my wagon and went on a long 4 map tile adventure, got back with my wagon loaded with goodies. went to unhitch the horses to lead them so I could load the wagon and go home, and all 4 of the horses took off in the opposite direction faster than I could even click a rope. they went up a mountain I couldn't climb over the other side and ended up 3 map tiles away surrounded by mobs.  died about 4 times lost a bunch of xp but luckily the horses were branded so I was able to spend an hour tracking them down. they were all in different directions very far apart. I had to slow walk back to them because one of them was my rider and I had on full plate armor. this wasn't much fun. I have the most fun on wurm adventuring around in a wagon looking at everything. I def dont like the wagon speed update, and I hope horses don't run off like that anymore :)

Edited by Godrobotswife
  • Like 1

I'm a huge fan of saddles for all my hitched horses, just for that reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wurmhole said:

At least one of her horses had one from what she said in the OP but this is reported in the server bugs section with all saddled horses taking off

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 1:23 AM, Wurmhole said:

I had 3 of my saddled horses take off after unhitching just a bit ago. They were in their pen so luckily they didn't go far but i heard someone say theirs took off through walls too.

• Like 1

This should be fixed with todays Patch

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 10:26 PM, SmeJack said:

At least one of her horses had one from what she said in the OP but this is reported in the server bugs section with all saddled horses taking off

Ah my bad.  I skim read a lot of posts and my brain refused to recognize a saddled horse as one that would run away. What a scary bug.