Sign in to follow this  
Skatyna

Reinforced mine tile looses reinforcement if all tiles around the initial tile collapsed back to rock/vein

As the title. I see no reason mine tile stays reinforced if all the other tiles around it are back to rock or any vein. The current way it really makes hard time reusing ancient mines that totally collapsed years ago as you run into randomly reinforced tiles while mining and only way around it is dropping temporary deed to remove reinforcement. Make old ruined land more user friendly to current players

I like the mistype-version: That the reinforcement can come loose under these circumstances. This would imply it could then be removed with a crowbar - not necessarily in 1 action - without deeding, but doesn't erase evidence of previous habitation, and could be quickly 'repaired' to its former status.

Edited by Drayka
  • Like 2

Given that there's already a mechanism for tracking how many times a reinforced tile has been mined, I'd say that this is technically very feasible.

Since it takes ~50 mining actions to remove reinforcement, on deed, then we can implement this very simply.

• When a rock tile collapses next to a reinforced tile, and if that reinforced tile is now surrounded by rock/veins, then apply 25 mining actions to the tile.
  • An off deed reinforced tile can be mined out if it needs less than 30 mining actions.

sorry -1. There have been tons of proposals to loosen off deed reinforced tiles restrictions which have been rejected with good reason. All the tunnels on the PvE servers need those restrictions, also some territorial disputes would be inflamed that way with everybody able to mess within perimeters. Moreover, I am not sure whether the server is and should be aware whether a tile collapsed randomly, or by a strongwall or shaker orb.

If the need for removal of reinforced tiles arises, there still are 2 possibilities: 1. a magranon priest with very high channeling, much patience and luck using disintegrate , and 2. dropping a temporary deed allowing to mine out for bit more than 1s21c.

• Like 1

Just now, Ekcin said:

sorry -1. There have been tons of proposals to loosen off deed reinforced tiles restrictions which have been rejected with good reason. All the tunnels on the PvE servers need those restrictions, also some territorial disputes would be inflamed that way with everybody able to mess within perimeters. Moreover, I am not sure whether the server is and should be aware whether a tile collapsed randomly, or by a strongwall or shaker orb.

If the need for removal of reinforced tiles arises, there still are 2 possibilities: 1. a magranon priest with very high channeling, much patience and luck using disintegrate , and 2. dropping a temporary deed allowing to mine out for bit more than 1s21c.

Agree with you. Just thought the same - what if someone just collapses the tiles of an otherwise fully reinforced tunnel to make it easy to remove the reinforcements. On the Mag disintegrate, yes it is cumbersome, but my below 90 channeling Mag priest removes a reinforcement within an hour.

• Like 1

wasnt talking about tunnels or other secured/unsecured passages. Im talking about the mountains that have even reinforced tunnels long collapsed, like years, but then some one fresh opens a mine and runs into reinforcements everywhere.. And disintegrate is a joke not a spell. Try remove some 100 reinforced tiles efficiently and more likely as a noob looking for a new place to start

Edited by Skatyna

On 5/29/2021 at 4:14 PM, Skatyna said:

wasnt talking about tunnels or other secured/unsecured passages. Im talking about the mountains that have even reinforced tunnels long collapsed, like years, but then some one fresh opens a mine and runs into reinforcements everywhere.. And disintegrate is a joke not a spell. Try remove some 100 reinforced tiles efficiently and more likely as a noob looking for a new place to start

The problem isn't the intent, it's the fact that it *will* be abused as soon as it's implemented.

1 hour ago, zethreal said:

The problem isn't the intent, it's the fact that it *will* be abused as soon as it's implemented.

sigh

truth is Wurm always needed a staff role that doesn't exist. It's why WU player-made and managed servers seemed like a good idea.