Sign in to follow this  
Delone

[Fixed] Animals on hitching post moving so they are not where they appear

Many horses on my hitching posts are moving to be somewhere other than where the game is showing them alongside the post.

When attempting to groom while standing on the tile where the hitching post is positioned, I am getting out of range event messages until I unhitch the animals from the post, and then re-hitch them. 

Grass tiles one tile away from where the horses are positioned are getting grazed, and single animals on a tile beside the hitched ones have become diseased.

The number of horses that are out of position seems to have risen with each server reset, so I unhitched them all, and reset them just before the server came down, will see if they are moved again when the server comes up.

Immediately after the servers restarted I did a grooming run along my line of hitched horses and everything was in place and could be groomed from the expected distance.

By a few hours later, several had again been displaced from where they appear to be in game, for example trying to groom Clipanna here

5buxJz1.jpg

Tells me I am too far away. I had to walk to the south side of the tile she was on, the opposite from where she is shown hitched, before i could groom.

Given that the grooming distance is usually enough that I can groom at this distance: 

Q5Dg3Ig.jpg

That would mean Clipanna was somewhere in the vicinity of 2 tiles South of where she was being shown hitched.

The displacement direction does not seem to be consistent, yesterday they were mostly North of where they were shown, today it seems to be South.

Have had a couple of horses around the hitching posts become diseased, most likely as the result of one of these displaced horses pushing the count on their tile to the three needed.

Clipanna has not been re-hitched to fix the issue, Malazan's Rest deed, Harmony, if anyone wants to take a look at her to investigate.

As further proof of this, after building a fence gate to the south side of one of my hitching posts, I moved to stand on the tile where the hitching post was, clicked on one of the horses, and selected unhitch - and received the message:  [23:42:01] The wooden fence gate is in the way.

On moving to the far side of the fence gate, when I tried to click on the horse and see if it would work from there, there was no option to unhitch, presumably due to the game recognising that the hitching post itself was on the opposite side of the gate.

To actually unhitch the horse I had to move to the tile where the hitching post was, right click so that I got the unhitch option then walk to through the fence gate to the far side, and only then hit the unhitch option, which then worked when it shouldn't have, because now the gate actually was between me and where the horse was showing on the post.

i had 2 donkeys and a saddled horse hitched to a post , the trough was empty but had crops underneath , i could not interact with them at all , just getting [20:22:52] You are too far away to do that. after i unhitched the y moved to adjacent tiles with grass 

And yet again...

On trying to breed the two horses shown in the image below, the male on the left is on lead, the female (highlighted) is hitched to the hitching post.

First event message is from attempting to breed, second one is from attempting to unhitch. Despite being hitched to the post that is on the tile that I am standing on, she is located somewhere else on the other side of one of the gates, and I have to right click on her while on the tile so that I can get the unhitch option, but not use it, then wander around until I find a spot where she actually is according to the server, so that I can then hit the unhitch option that I only get when standing on the tile that has the hitching post on it.

9JDFelg.jpg

This is getting beyond annoying. The lack of response on a multitude of posts is very poor communication, nothing is being commented on as being looked into, working as intended or any other form of response.

• Like 1

Bump. Still happening after latest patch.

Delone could you please try re-hitching the horses again and let us know if this problem is still happening.

3 hours ago, Pomona said:

Delone could you please try re-hitching the horses again and let us know if this problem is still happening.

You just had to wait till I had finished moving them all off the grooming line and back into individual pens didn't you? 😜

Lining them back up again, in the past it has taken some time before they seem to displace, will let you know how they go.

24 hours later and all still on correct tiles and in range for grooming.

Will leave them in place for a while, and across a server reset.

24 hours after server reset, all still in correct positions. 

Seems to have been resolved.

That is excellent news, thank you for rechecking for me.