Sign in to follow this  
Muse

The Horse Traits Thread (and other animals)

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

you cant forage on enchanted grass so id assume they cant pick up items there either

who said picking stuff trait is foraging?

That's an interesting thought. Most of mine are on enchanted grass pens, or partly enchanted.

• Like 1

I wish they would just tell us.

edit: would have been nice wouldnt it?

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update

• It seems to pick stuff up: Chance to dig something up when eating, drops items on the ground (Output)

who says anything about foraging?

-

Edited by Yserin

1 hour ago, Yserin said:

sure they said it good for you for pointing it out since I forgot that line specificly. but we wouldnt be here if the patch notes actually did what they said.

Very little has worked they way they said it does so I would take that with a grain of salt. because so far all I have learned is the patch notes lie xD. Otherwise why are we even debating anything here in the first place?

will be really disappointing to find a horse digging up corn.. just to eat it.. but FAT creatures will be FAT..

I tried to separate 10/+ of these in pens.. with stacks of food - nothing, leaving them to graze - nothing, released from pens to roam.. still haven't found anything and ditched the idea to track it

• Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin

Just one donkey so far today, a little girl.

Abbie, female grey.

[13:20:53] It has a slow metabolism. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Billy, male grey, 1 sp. Floree, female wild donkey, grey.

-

Edited by Yserin
  • Like 2

-

Edited by Yserin

So far I've tested the "picking up stuff trait" in the following conditions. 

A)
1. I put saddlebags on the horse, just on the offchance anything that gets picked up somehow drops in the bags.

2. I ran around the map a bit to nearby ruins to see if the horse picked up anything when it entered a tile with items, such as keys, locks, etc.

3. No luck on that experiment.

B ) I left the horse on deed on a tile with 2 gems, 2 locks, 2 small tools ( I think it was a hammer and a carving knife) for 2 days on enchanted grass.

Nothing got picked up. 

C) Right now I left the horse on standard grass, with no seeds or other type of stuff to feed it with. Will await results.

Spoiler

ty I wondered about the saddlebags to.

Edited by Yserin

For the first time ever I bred an animal at my max trait cap (70). That roughly translates to a 1 in 150 chance. Not sure, I didn't keep an exact count of total animals being born since the patch.

• Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin
  • Like 1

A little gold girl today, apart from her colour I'm quite pleased! She's got the sparky eyes again and speed traits. So she'll go in the breeding pool.

Demonabone, female gold.

[14:43:30] It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has a certain spark in its eyes. It has a slow metabolism. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Dukeiron, male black silver, 5sp, spark, heathy. Hopcoffee, female skewbald, 5sp.

• Like 1

@olafhairybreeks7 traits 😮 nice

Edited by Yserin

Thanks! My ah is now 88. ^-^

I've just done a little speed test with 2 mules I've acquired. They are young Small and adolescent Alfie. Small has the following traits:

[20:40:47] It has fleeter movement than normal. It seems to pick stuff up. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity.

And Alfie has:

[20:41:32] It has fleeter movement than normal. The legs are of different length. It has been bred in captivity.

With them pulling my cart which is carrying a weight of 227.20 kgs and me with an inventory of 35.95kgs. On a flat paved road we went between 15.10 and 15.11 kph! No gear on either of them. Very respectable!

• Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin

Two nice foals today, a chestnut and a black. I've made a lot of black and gold babies recently, despite none of the parents being those colours!

Wilddaisy, female chestnut.

[13:07:35] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It seems to pick stuff up. It seems to be a graceful eater. It looks stationary. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Piewalt, male chestnut, 5sp. Harddaisy, female chestnut, 5sp.

Now the next has a rather odd name given she's another girl, so I posted a bug report on it. Last time I checked Simeon was purely a male name!

Happysimeon, female black.

[13:08:52] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has a slow metabolism. It seems vibrant. It looks stationary. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Starkhoney, male black silver, 5sp. Stronghop, female black silver, 5sp.

I'm quite happy with my recent results. I'm fairly consistently getting 3 and 4 speed traits plus others. The 4 speeds make good riding horses, and the 3 speeds can go in the breeding pool too for their colours.

I'm making this a separate post because this is a slightly different topic. I did another speed test with the mules mentioned above, this time comparing them with old 5 speeds without gear, and putting gear on the mules. The cart had 228.30kgs of stuff in it, and my inventory is 30.65kgs. I forgot to mention before that my cart has a 5% speed rune on it.

The ungeared 5 speed horses went 14.43kph pulling the cart. This is slower than the ungeared mules by about 1kph. Now the mules had bridles, shoes and saddles with saddlesacks that are normally on 2 of my riding horses. The shoes were all 90+ql with 90+ woa. The saddles were 43ql with 46woa and 72ql with 70woa respectively. On the flat these 2 little mules went between 20.86 and 20.91kph! I remind you that these mules both have only 1 speed trait, and Alfie has a negative speed trait awaiting cure. In short, mules are AWESOME and I can't wait to make more!

27 minutes ago, olafhairybreeks said:

I'm making this a separate post because this is a slightly different topic. I did another speed test with the mules mentioned above, this time comparing them with old 5 speeds without gear, and putting gear on the mules. The cart had 228.30kgs of stuff in it, and my inventory is 30.65kgs. I forgot to mention before that my cart has a 5% speed rune on it.

The ungeared 5 speed horses went 14.43kph pulling the cart. This is slower than the ungeared mules by about 1kph. Now the mules had bridles, shoes and saddles with saddlesacks that are normally on 2 of my riding horses. The shoes were all 90+ql with 90+ woa. The saddles were 43ql with 46woa and 72ql with 70woa respectively. On the flat these 2 little mules went between 20.86 and 20.91kph! I remind you that these mules both have only 1 speed trait, and Alfie has a negative speed trait awaiting cure. In short, mules are AWESOME and I can't wait to make more!

17 hours ago, olafhairybreeks said:

Small has the following traits:

[20:40:47] It has fleeter movement than normal. It seems to pick stuff up. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity.

And Alfie has:

[20:41:32] It has fleeter movement than normal. The legs are of different length. It has been bred in captivity.

I count those mules as untraited since they either got speed traits (which doesn't do anything for pulling carts, draft traits is what affects speed positively) or negative speed traits (which doesn't do anything for pulling carts. There is a negative draft trait that would affect speed of the cart negatively and the negative speed trait of one of your mules is not that trait). You're comparing untraited mules vs 2 draft horses.

Basically, for anyone who's cheap or new to the game and don't want to pull carts at snail speed, grab a random male donkey and a random female horse and breed some mules. Plenty of people give away free horses and you can find donkeys everywhere. I guess mules got some bonus as draft animals for carts, similar to how bison have for wagons?

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin

5 minutes ago, Yserin said:

if they did they are not telling us. I know we have at least one person in the patch notes thread that has been doing speed tests but I am not sure if they did mules.

They did actually tell us..

• Mules are also as good as draft creatures as horses.

They either told us a lie or they told us the truth and mules are currently not working as intended and will get nerfed.

I'm not sure which one I'd like to believe, either one is bad >_<

• Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin
  • Like 1